Please Pub Proof Bounties

General Discussion
Hey Devs,

Please pub proof bounty turn ins to make them all give a bonus equivalent reward. It's beyond frustrating to have pubs (and even friends sometimes accidentally) turn in completed bounties without the bonus. There is literally no point to have the bonus now that we need to do all acts anyway to get an even ratio of mats. That's all. Make it happen.
This would further promote the people who join public games to get that one bounty that they need, and leave..

If there's a bonus for every bounty right off the bat, this would happen more and more frequently as some would only go for that material to craft their OG, OP, Double OG, OP Reaper Wraps.

Thus, the public bounty games would just simply burn out as everybody would know to just do them privately or with friends - no use in risking having to finish it by yourself, or with just 1 other straggler because the other 2 got their RoRg and dipset.

There's a fix for bounties.. This just isn't it. Many have been suggested, many bludgeoned by downvotes because those would just like to see bounties gone all together and everything --- just be handed to them.
02/07/2016 08:52 AMPosted by Spades
This would further promote the people who join public games to get that one bounty that they need, and leave..

If there's a bonus for every bounty right off the bat, this would happen more and more frequently as some would only go for that material to craft their OG, OP, Double OG, OP Reaper Wraps.

Thus, the public bounty games would just simply burn out as everybody would know to just do them privately or with friends - no use in risking having to finish it by yourself, or with just 1 other straggler because the other 2 got their RoRg and dipset.

There's a fix for bounties.. This just isn't it. Many have been suggested, many bludgeoned by downvotes because those would just like to see bounties gone all together and everything --- just be handed to them.

People are going to leave regardless if they are only farming one act. The other people will stay, as they want all of the materials for rolling and forging.

The whole point of split bounties is that it is more efficient than doing it solo; five bounties per act. Doing it privately wouldn't make it more efficient regardless if the bonus was always active.
The best solution is to create an "click here"-to turn in quest. So click on NPC, a box appears over their head, and then you have to click some "turn in quest" link. Clicking wrong once happens, but twice - not likely.

Would also work for the accidental click on Orlik when closing rifts.
They just need to get rid of the bonus cache and then double the rewards from the regular cache.
02/07/2016 09:08 AMPosted by toast
People are going to leave regardless if they are only farming one act. The other people will stay, as they want all of the materials for rolling and forging.

The whole point of split bounties is that it is more efficient than doing it solo; five bounties per act. Doing it privately wouldn't make it more efficient regardless if the bonus was always active.

I hear this.. Even still, some join and complete a non-bonus cache act and leave either way.
Yeah, they'll leave if they want after they get whatever act they're after - having no bonus or all bonus would make these games crazy..

If each cache contained 1 of each material, and the bonus containing 1 extra of each material, it would be easier for those who need to just simply extract to get what they need. Or if they're not even going for that single act for that mats, but rather the chance at it's exclusive legendary item.

It's when you get to re-rolling gear that it gets expensive - thus the people who are grinding out materials for re-rolling at the cube can do all the acts and get even more materials for finishing them with a group willing to actually finish (those who also need more rolls at the cube)
Show me how to idiot proof something and I'll find you a bigger idiot. The issues with bounties is a perfect example.
I kinda concur with Op

Under present arrangement, there are ALWAYS someone who claim to Tyrael in the wrong act.

Gosh, other people's mistake, become my problem in getting one less cache.
(especially if going solo, one cache, eqv to 5 bounty mat cost me 10-15 minutes to acquire)

This sort of stupid arrangement always prompt me to doubt if they create this game to piss off players?
This doesn't affect me, I do them with people I know that want the same, or I do them solo. We usually do them act by act. Public games are just... atrocious usually. Either way they should ditch the bonus system all together. I hardly know anyone that actually wants to do all of the acts just to get to the materials they need, then have a huge void where this mat should be vs the ones they always have to do for the particular mat that they need.
This could also easily be avoided if they put a gold * next to the active bonus "Turn into Tyreal"

If it isn't gold, its not ready yet.
02/07/2016 08:52 AMPosted by Spades

Then you go do another act, and let them solo theirs. They'll be done when you are, and at worst you'll have 1 more act to do with 3 people.

As already said, people will leave regardless. You can't predict what anyone will do, because all it takes is one selfish A-hole to slow down the rest of the bounties...or one clueless person or a troll to ruin the ENTIRE run.

What's being proposed has a small downside, but a MAJOR upside.
02/07/2016 12:17 PMPosted by EatALot
I kinda concur with Op

Under present arrangement, there are ALWAYS someone who claim to Tyrael in the wrong act.

Gosh, other people's mistake, become my problem in getting one less cache.
(especially if going solo, one cache, eqv to 5 bounty mat cost me 10-15 minutes to acquire)

This sort of stupid arrangement always prompt me to doubt if they create this game to piss off players?

Haha, yup...

I have a disparity in mats due to other players, and that makes me want to join a game just to do the one I missed, and leave. I've never done it, because that'd make me a scumbag, but it's a problem which creates more problems.

It's a very much needed change. : \
This isn´t as hard as it seems.

How about doing all Bounties except for the Boss ones (where you have to accept to join)

If anyone wants to do those Boss ones before everything is done,kick em
There is always a bonus act active which makes it the standard, not a real bonus. The system is misleading to inexperienced players. The game pops up and says "Go talk to Tyreal, you have completed the bounties!", it doesn't tell you that you and your entire group are going to be penalized if you do so.
The only way to "pub-proof" the bounty system as it currently exists is to lock out all acts that aren't the bonus bounty from even being started. The system was never designed for splitfarming in the first place and the likelihood of any sort of "oops" protection being put in is virtually nonexistent, but this is about the only way to do it if the devs intend to keep the bonus bounty system in place.

But they'd have to only activate that lockout with public games specifically chosen with the Bounties tag, otherwise there would be a massive backlash from players being told where to go and when (like if they need act 5 mats and aren't on an act 5 starting bonus bounty rotation).

This is one case where nannying the players would have too many downsides as well as conflicting with the intended design goals in the first place. That might not be to your liking, but it is what it is.
02/07/2016 08:43 AMPosted by Sungrey
There is literally no point to have the bonus now that we need to do all acts anyway to get an even ratio of mats. That's all.

Pretty much this, bonus acts were added as a solution to a problem that no longer exists.
suggestion: when all 5 acts are cleared, Tyrael will transform into a giant l00t pinata.
02/07/2016 08:43 AMPosted by Sungrey
Hey Devs,

Please pub proof bounty turn ins to make them all give a bonus equivalent reward. It's beyond frustrating to have pubs (and even friends sometimes accidentally) turn in completed bounties without the bonus. There is literally no point to have the bonus now that we need to do all acts anyway to get an even ratio of mats. That's all. Make it happen.

Do bonus first, turn in, profit.
Oh Please, get over this public game whining. Public games should have no restrictions like this. They have always been a free for all type of structure. if you want certain things then play solo like I do or play with friends.

I think Blizzard should break split farming to begin with. If your not in that bounty you should not get credit. They should make them be done as a group. You get to do them faster because you clear faster. This each person does one bounty for a bonus is just short of an exploit. Then you want blizzard to make this easier. What a joke.