It does not 'feel rewarding'

General Discussion
Things like crafting materials will not be auto pickup, because apparently picking them up feels rewarding. Rift progress orbs (arguably the most pointless addition to the game) will not be automatically hoovered for the same reason, because apparently "it's rewarding."

It's not bloody rewarding.

We're saying it's not rewarding, we're pointing out these inconveniences with pages and pages of reasoning (e.g. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20419283806), and you instead decide to disregard every single bit of it and tell us what we feel?

With all these players vocally expressing their disdain at having to stop playing the game to click around in circles for a few seconds, especially when the cursor can't even properly track what you're pointing at, you'd think someone might get the idea that we want a few minor quality of life changes, changes that in no way remove the need for skill or effort but would improve the game nonetheless. But no, according to Blizzard, we're all wrong, and we don't know that deep down, it "feels rewarding".

Choosing not to take suggestions, if you're honest about it, is understandable. Telling us what WE feel when so many people are clearly stating otherwise for multiple reasons is insulting.
Just stop doing whatever you hate doing if you hate it so much. I just don't loot if I don't feel like looting and I am not going back for that orb if I don't feel like it either. I am sure you can progress just fine in rifts just by killing white stuff and accidently hitting the rift progress orbs.

And I agree with them it does feel rewarding when you loot items of value.

Don't assume because you want to rush through everything and not stop for nothing everyone else in the game feels like this.

I am pretty sure WoW got ruined because they listened to so many people's QQing on the forums about stuff and I am glad so far they ignore more of the QQs about stuff on this forum. Although, who knows when they made a new version :(.
02/05/2016 03:05 AMPosted by Naras
Just stop doing whatever you hate doing if you hate it so much. I just don't loot if I don't feel like looting and I am not going back for that orb if I don't feel like it either. I am sure you can progress just fine in rifts just by killing white stuff and accidently hitting the rift progress orbs.
If something so core is such a hassle it's better off ignored, that thing is flawed.
02/05/2016 03:07 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe
02/05/2016 03:05 AMPosted by Naras
If something so core is such a hassle it's better off ignored, that thing is flawed.

I ended up editing that because at the start it does feel rewarding. It is just after you rush through and play day after day the items lose their value.

It is more a factor of the items themselves don't have much value.

If there is a flaw it is because a whole lot of people play this game too much.
Sorry, but crafting mats are amazing, if you use them properly. I've made so many ancient, nearly GG, items because of crafting mats. I'm talking about using basics and death breaths, not forgotten souls. So I don't agree with you at all on the matter of mats.

As far as orbs go, I hate them. I have to use most of my steed charge to pick them up, unless I'm doing normal rifts then it doesn't matter since it's limitless. It's a huge waste of time. I use endurance so I'm wasting anywhere from 2-3 seconds grabbing orbs. That's up to 30 seconds in one rift which can mean winning or losing.
02/05/2016 02:55 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe
D3 is not rewarding in ANY way (it is the world first game with ZERO rewards), the solution is simple, accept Blizz tels you what rewarding is or quit the game? This game is being weakened by every single patch since 2.0....so i quit the game...it is that easy! so what will you do (and yes i know the answer, you will play on ;-)
02/05/2016 03:27 AMPosted by Redskullz
D3 is not rewarding in ANY way (it is the world first game with ZERO rewards), the solution is simple, accept Blizz tels you what rewarding is or quit the game? This game is being weakened by every single patch since 2.0....so i quit the game...it is that easy! so what will you do (and yes i know the answer, you will play on ;-)

Lol, and you know the reason why he will keep playing, don't you.
People don't know what they want, or what's best for them. They think they do, but they are usually wrong. Part of being a game designer is making choices that you know players will hate you for. But that doesn't make them bad choices.

Blizzard, despite what many people think, are experts in game design and player psychology. If they think that making us pick up materials is more rewarding then I'm sure they have a good reason.

Now let's see how many down votes I can get people!
02/05/2016 03:25 AMPosted by OrganMan
Sorry, but crafting mats are amazing, if you use them properly. I've made so many ancient, nearly GG, items because of crafting mats. I'm talking about using basics and death breaths, not forgotten souls. So I don't agree with you at all on the matter of mats.
You're disagreeing with something I haven't said.

02/05/2016 03:27 AMPosted by Redskullz
You can quit a game, but don't have the ability to quit the forums?
02/05/2016 03:28 AMPosted by Naras
usually addiction (Blizz abuses this knowledge) but it is human nature to complain and then except it.....but i really hope he will prove me wrong (do you now know "why" i made my comment???)
02/05/2016 03:34 AMPosted by Kobrakai
People don't know what they want, or what's best for them. They think they do, but they are usually wrong. Part of being a game designer is making choices that you know players will hate you for. But that doesn't make them bad choices.

Blizzard, despite what many people think, are experts in game design and player psychology. If they think that making us pick up materials is more rewarding then I'm sure they have a good reason.

This makes no sense.

Blizzard is not immune to making bad decisions just because they're big. If the majority of players don't like something, it's the developer that's wrong. If we don't want it, we don't want it; it's not what's best for us, that's ridiculous. Blizzard is not the Batman to our Gotham.

If Blizzard threw a turd at you and said "it's for the best, we know what you want" would you be saying that same crap? I think not.
02/05/2016 03:35 AMPosted by Redskullz
02/05/2016 03:28 AMPosted by Naras
usually addiction (Blizz abuses this knowledge) but it is human nature to complain and then except it.....but i really hope he will prove me wrong (do you now know "why" i made my comment???)

He will keep playing because the game IS rewarding for him. In fact, that stuff that he doesn't think feels rewarding probably is for him at some level and he can't recognize it now but if blizzard was stupid enough to do what he wants he would get less enjoyment and then wonder why the game sucked so much.
02/05/2016 03:37 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe

This makes no sense.

Blizzard is not immune to making bad decisions just because they're big. If the majority of players don't like something, it's the developer that's wrong. If we don't want it, we don't want it; it's not what's best for us, that's ridiculous. Blizzard is not the Batman to our Gotham.

If Blizzard threw a turd at you and said "it's for the best, we know what you want" would you be saying that same crap? I think not.

Actually what he said makes total sense. This game is very popular and enjoyable because they are making so many right decisions. Pretty sure WoW didn't start going totally downhill until after they started listening to so many QQs from players.

You never get a realistic view of what players want on these forums anyway, only a very small sample, that is certainly not random, post on here.

I don't like the set dungeons but some people do, doesn't mean their decision to put them into the game is wrong. It is their game - it is our money not to spend on their game if we don't feel the game is worthwhile.
02/05/2016 03:35 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe
how is playing a game the same as playing the forum? how do you know what i like or not? you say retarded stuff much??

02/05/2016 03:46 AMPosted by Naras
He will keep playing because the game IS rewarding for him. In fact, that stuff that he doesn't think feels rewarding probably is for him at some level and he can't recognize it now but if blizzard was stupid enough to do what he wants he would get less enjoyment and then wonder why the game sucked so much.
so we both agree he will keep playing?! why waste forum space on that? the forums are like D3, decreasing every single patch.....
Perhaps manual gold pickup was rewarding in previous games...

You'd make a great citizen of any ongoing dictatorship, too bad you missed the greatest ones already!

Never think
Never question
Never disagree

Just obey!
02/05/2016 03:35 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe
how is playing a game the same as playing the forum? how do you know what i like or not? you say retarded stuff much??
Let me clarify since you seem incapable of understanding.

You are posting on the forums of a game you've quit. You are engaging in a community of a videogame that you no longer wish to be involved with, clearly to just post nothing but hate on that game. You are spending your own time hating on something you don't play anymore instead of moving on.

Is that simple enough for you, or should I spell it out a bit more?
Progress orbs provide the important function of letting the player know that killing x elite pack really helped them progresswise. It's the game providing the player with feedback, this is a good thing.
02/05/2016 03:50 AMPosted by Naras
Actually what he said makes total sense. This game is very popular and enjoyable because they are making so many right decisions.

No, it doesn't. The game was initially very popular because of D2 and the marketing over-hype. Then, most people played for a bit and left because they made so many wrong decisions. Those that stayed were the ones who gave blizzard the ideas for vast majority of 'right decisions'.
These include adventure mode, identify All, and rifts. When blizz puts their spin on it, we get things like grift trials. Which were fixed using ideas provided by players.