Please Buff ALL Abilities.

General Discussion
Metas often revolve around the 15%~ or so of the abilities which are 'fixed' or 'buffed', but then I go into my abilities menu and see almost half of my abilities as useless. For WDs, Gargantuans and Big Dogs are a great example; nothing else really compares.

Below, I'm going to make some suggestions, but the main idea for this thread is for all classes to gain proper runes worth choosing from.
------------------
Boogie Man
Enemies who die in the ritual area have a 50% chance to resurrect as a Zombie Dog.

Instead of making regular zombie dogs spawn, have these guys spawn on a unique pet limit
Chilled to the Bone
Enemies who hit or are hit by your Zombie Dogs are Chilled for 3 seconds and take 15% increased damage from all sources.

I'd also like for them to cleave, and perhaps this doesn't fix the spell completely, but it does what a group utility spell should do: buff the party. Runes should enhance this effect.
---------------------
Jungle Drums
Increase the duration of the ritual to 30 seconds.

No one uses BBV without SMK; if the 'new player' argument is going to be made, then let's keep the reduction while making it useful elsewhere.

How about, you also gain 20-25% CDR while inside.
Or
Simply give this BBV the effect SMK would give, so that those without SMK can still use a sub-par version with just the attack speed, etc.
------------------------
Rain Dance
The ritual restores 250 Mana per second while standing in the ritual area.

This is used for the top WD builds, so this isn't an issue of solo play. However, in group play, not everyone has 'mana'. That said, my suggestion here is simple: Along with the 250 mana per second, give a 15-25% resource generation to other players as well.
-------------------------

Stopping there...I'd like to do more, but don't want this thread to drag on for too long.
Oh my, a downvote.

Guess I was expecting it.
I'd like my paycheck buffed by 500% while we're at it as well.
Well, I don't think my thread is being received properly.

I'm unsure why there's such a disagreement on buffing runes which don't see use.

This forum makes my mind boggle at times. You don't need to agree with my suggestions, but if any of you people downvoting me have thoughts, please feel free to express them...that's what forums are for. Downvoting something without an explanation is a cowardly way to disagree, but perhaps I'm the only one who feels the need to back their opinion up.

Well, whatever. Being constructive has never been a big thing on this forum anyway.
02/05/2016 12:00 PMPosted by Gnome
Well, I don't think my thread is being received properly.

I'm unsure why there's such a disagreement on buffing runes which don't see use.

This forum makes my mind boggle at times. You don't need to agree with my suggestions, but if any of you people downvoting me have thoughts, please feel free to express them...that's what forums are for. Downvoting something without an explanation is a cowardly way to disagree, but perhaps I'm the only one who feels the need to back their opinion up.

Well, whatever. Being constructive has never been a big thing on this forum anyway.

Welcome to forumablo
If you care about your posts rating you wrote it for the wrong reason and it's probably appropriate.
It's more complicated than simply buffing 'all abilities.' Some abilities have more supporting legendary effects than others. Some abilities have more *powerful* legendary effects. Some abilities are outright more powerful than others. None of these things line up. A great example of this is how LoN works for some classes better than others. Crusaders love LoN. Wizards don't give a crap. Most legendary effects for a wizard are crap. Most Wizard skills are crap. LoN is, thus, giving a 1200% damage buff to a load of crap. 1200% buffed crap is still crap. To put it into perspective - Tal Rasha offers a 2000% damage buff...and still underperforms relative to other options (particularly this season's running meta).
02/05/2016 12:53 PMPosted by Skyylya
If you care about your posts rating you wrote it for the wrong reason and it's probably appropriate.

I care because it says something about my idea. Why the hell would I make a post purely for the rating? If I valued the rating over my idea, I wouldn't post it in the first place; stop acting like a redundant sage who gives advice that sounds good, but is ultimately meaningless.

The lack of actual criticism, however, tells me a great deal.

Who doesn't care about the opinions of others? This is a forum where you're supposed to make use of it, but people like you without anything real to say act as if it's a philosophical debate.

Again, I care because I care about my ideas. If they are not received well, I want to know why. This forum may be full of trolls like yourself, but my point stands: feedback is important, and you can't even stop for a minute to say something of value.

Uhg.
02/05/2016 01:19 PMPosted by LostSoul
It's more complicated than simply buffing 'all abilities.' Some abilities have more supporting legendary effects than others. Some abilities have more *powerful* legendary effects. Some abilities are outright more powerful than others. None of these things line up. A great example of this is how LoN works for some classes better than others. Crusaders love LoN. Wizards don't give a crap. Most legendary effects for a wizard are crap. Most Wizard skills are crap. LoN is, thus, giving a 1200% damage buff to a load of crap. 1200% buffed crap is still crap. To put it into perspective - Tal Rasha offers a 2000% damage buff...and still underperforms relative to other options (particularly this season's running meta).

Well, thank you for being the first to actually reply normally.

Thing is, in my examples I'm only choosing to 'buff' 3 of the 5 runes. The title is an exaggeration, but fits when seeing things as a whole; rather than buffing 1-2 abilities per patch, you put them all on an even playing field.

Yes, some have more affixes tied to them, yet there are plenty which don't, and are not used...those are the abilities I'm talking about.
BBV needs a buff (runes do), but not because of any meta.
There's only one "correct" rune for BBV is the reason.

Here are real fixes that would see play in various groups.

Boogie Man
Causes enemies to dance in place for up to 8 seconds when another enemy in the area dies.

Chilled to the Bone
All enemies in the area are chilled by 30% and take an additional 10% damage from all sources.

Jungle Drums
Increase the duration by 20 seconds. The radius is extended by items that increase your gold pickup radius. BBV now follows your Witch Doctor.

Ghost Trance
Fine as is.

Rain Dance
Increases primary resource maximum by 50%. Restores 5% primary resource per second.

That's how you fix BBV. Now each rune has some decent usage.
02/05/2016 01:31 PMPosted by Shivera
BBV needs a buff (runes do), but not because of any meta.
There's only one "correct" rune for BBV is the reason.

Here are real fixes that would see play in various groups.

Boogie Man
Causes enemies to dance in place for up to 8 seconds when another enemy in the area dies.

Chilled to the Bone
All enemies in the area are chilled by 30% and take an additional 10% damage from all sources.

Jungle Drums
Increase the duration by 20 seconds. The radius is extended by items that increase your gold pickup radius. BBV now follows your Witch Doctor.

Ghost Trance
Fine as is.

Rain Dance
Increases primary resource maximum by 50%. Restores 5% primary resource per second.

That's how you fix BBV. Now each rune has some decent usage.

I like them.

Only issue with the CC one, is the new DR; It probably wouldn't be that great. It's definitely a start, though.

As for fixing it due to the 'meta', your reasoning is pretty much the same thing. Certain rune(s) are the only choice.

My point does extend past BBV, of course...which is what I was hoping everyone would discuss, rather than anonymously downvoting and playing pretentious word games (not you).

Thanks for the reply.
02/05/2016 11:42 AMPosted by Gnome
Oh my, a downvote.

Guess I was expecting it.

If you want more up votes say something like

"I want more stash space!"
I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't want more balance and more useful skills/runes.
Majority of the abilities and passives need a complete overhaul, but Blizzard's priority is to just make 6 set pieces for those abilities instead.
Downvoting something without an explanation is a cowardly way to disagree, but perhaps I'm the only one who feels the need to back their opinion up..

it's just a lot easier than going "No, your idea is not that great, man, I disagree, blahblah"

1st, I only scanned it but it seems your just focusing on the wd, and your build? you think your build needs buffed? or what? Sure, buff this other skill I like too...

Dude. Buffing and Nerfing is what's gotten this game all in a mess to begin with. All games like this go through some changes that get exposed but D3 changes are like a rollercoaster.

Don't you worry, whatever skill you wish was awesome will be the flavor of the month at some point, and then you'll be crying that something isn't as strong as it.. . .
yea the thumbs down means dislike, people dislike the idea, don't take it so personal sheesh
02/05/2016 01:56 PMPosted by Gnome
Only issue with the CC one, is the new DR; It probably wouldn't be that great. It's definitely a start, though.
It buys you time, which is the point behind using the rune. Sure CC reduction would come into play to prevent perma-statues like Tiki docs, but time is a valuable thing.

If you're using it with SMK, you can use it once per pack, and not worry about having to recast further CC (which saves you and your group time. Time = dps).

Eh. Just what I threw out off the top of my head.
i think the main idea is correct.

LoN and set bonuses show, that the game does not scale properly somehow.

instead of making us farm set or lon+ancient for having a scaling courve, how about making skills skill differently, and yet let the gear-STATS do the scaling, and not their 1000%to skill if Stunned/alwass, whatever limitation thing?! it feels kind of unelegant AND it totally kills itemization diversity.

basically every crusader uses LON and the build specific legendaries connected to skills that are used. after that progression is DONE forever, despite getting the same item +ancient. thats all.

you wont see one crusader, that uses shieldbash, without the shieldbash-buffing bracers. cause otherwise the skill is underpowered, even if it was free to cast.

(just an example, it goes for all classes)

scaling should depend on gear, but on the "overall quality of the gear" and not about the specific skill buffing legendary affix granting uber-scaling to that skill.

it feels bad.

legendaries should have skill affixes, but not in a kind, that they make the skill viable at all, or "uber-" so that no other leg can compete.

why not make shieldbash deal 5k%dmg, and reduce the leg affix to deal 20%extra damage, if the shield only hits one enemy.

(again, same goes for other classes)

balance in classes and skills should not be done via gear. it should be inherent balance between skills within a class, and between different classes.

and this balance should prevail from level 1 to lvl 70, and from normal to tormentX.

of couse its okay to have small bumps of balance here and there, some breakpoints and such, but currently every class is STUCK at torment 1 until you find "that one legendary with skill affix" or that at least 2pc set bonus.

you could run around full ancient, but without that legendary and its affix, without LoN, no progress is visible at all.

currently progress doesnt mean getting better stats.

it means: get the 2,4,6pc bonus OR LoN+ ancient (where the number of ancient determines your torment level access more or less directly)

all other slots have no meaning to progress at all. the skillchoice, build has NO MEANING at all, until you find that leg affix or set buffing that skill.
02/05/2016 02:20 PMPosted by BulkFuel
I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't want more balance and more useful skills/runes.

Which is why I'm confused at the massive amounts of downvotes.

02/05/2016 02:28 PMPosted by BoPop
Downvoting something without an explanation is a cowardly way to disagree, but perhaps I'm the only one who feels the need to back their opinion up..

it's just a lot easier than going "No, your idea is not that great, man, I disagree, blahblah"

1st, I only scanned it but it seems your just focusing on the wd, and your build? you think your build needs buffed? or what? Sure, buff this other skill I like too...

Dude. Buffing and Nerfing is what's gotten this game all in a mess to begin with. All games like this go through some changes that get exposed but D3 changes are like a rollercoaster.

Don't you worry, whatever skill you wish was awesome will be the flavor of the month at some point, and then you'll be crying that something isn't as strong as it.. . .

Well, at least you portray the lack of comprehension on this forum accurately. That's not what I said at all. In fact, let me quote myself:

Below, I'm going to make some suggestions, but the main idea for this thread is for all classes to gain proper runes worth choosing from.

There you go.

02/05/2016 02:42 PMPosted by Shivera
02/05/2016 01:56 PMPosted by Gnome
It buys you time, which is the point behind using the rune. Sure CC reduction would come into play to prevent perma-statues like Tiki docs, but time is a valuable thing.

If you're using it with SMK, you can use it once per pack, and not worry about having to recast further CC (which saves you and your group time. Time = dps).

Eh. Just what I threw out off the top of my head.

Once per elite pack is indeed a valid argument, but perhaps remove the "upon killing" affix. Technically, we'd just be putting that amulet ability onto it, but it would still work better than it does now.
02/05/2016 04:02 PMPosted by Thorin
i think the main idea is correct.

LoN and set bonuses show, that the game does not scale properly somehow.

instead of making us farm set or lon+ancient for having a scaling courve, how about making skills skill differently, and yet let the gear-STATS do the scaling, and not their 1000%to skill if Stunned/alwass, whatever limitation thing?! it feels kind of unelegant AND it totally kills itemization diversity.

basically every crusader uses LON and the build specific legendaries connected to skills that are used. after that progression is DONE forever, despite getting the same item +ancient. thats all.

you wont see one crusader, that uses shieldbash, without the shieldbash-buffing bracers. cause otherwise the skill is underpowered, even if it was free to cast.

(just an example, it goes for all classes)

scaling should depend on gear, but on the "overall quality of the gear" and not about the specific skill buffing legendary affix granting uber-scaling to that skill.

it feels bad.

legendaries should have skill affixes, but not in a kind, that they make the skill viable at all, or "uber-" so that no other leg can compete.

why not make shieldbash deal 5k%dmg, and reduce the leg affix to deal 20%extra damage, if the shield only hits one enemy.

(again, same goes for other classes)

balance in classes and skills should not be done via gear. it should be inherent balance between skills within a class, and between different classes.

and this balance should prevail from level 1 to lvl 70, and from normal to tormentX.

of couse its okay to have small bumps of balance here and there, some breakpoints and such, but currently every class is STUCK at torment 1 until you find "that one legendary with skill affix" or that at least 2pc set bonus.

you could run around full ancient, but without that legendary and its affix, without LoN, no progress is visible at all.

currently progress doesnt mean getting better stats.

it means: get the 2,4,6pc bonus OR LoN+ ancient (where the number of ancient determines your torment level access more or less directly)

all other slots have no meaning to progress at all. the skillchoice, build has NO MEANING at all, until you find that leg affix or set buffing that skill.

Exactly. We don't necessarily need big buffs to abilities which already have items which make them powerful, and perhaps a new expansion would be needed to take it much further, but having an ability which restores a set 4k life per second just doesn't work, especially since it has no abilities to buff it.