When did D3 become total easymode?

General Discussion
02/10/2016 08:06 AMPosted by Anwar
Thank you, I'm glad to see someone got the point I was trying to make: namely, that gearing prior to "smart loot" was an incredibly frustrating crap shoot

I think you're getting this whole smart-loot thing wrong.

Currently there are 6 affix-tables:
- barb table (str, barb-specific affixes, universal affixes)
- crusader table (str, crusader-specific affixes, universal affixes)
- dh table (dex, dh-specific affixes, universal affixes)
- wiz table (int, wiz-specific affixes, universal affixes)
- wd table (int, wd-specific affixes, universal affixes)
- monk table (dex, monk-specific affixes, universal affixes)

Class-specifics always roll with the affixes of their respective class, not because of "smart"-loot but because the affix-table of the respective class is the only table being active on that class specific item.

The only things that "smart"-loot has an effect on:
- which items do drop (85% chance for the item being for the class being played)
- which affix-table the non-class-specifics are rolling with (85% chance for the affix-table to be for the class being played)
You don't have to grind like a mindless salve anymore so the game is worse? OP doesn't realize that the game was made infinitely better this way. The fun is in getting the perfect gear for the build you like most and pushing greater rifts. Each T10 rift is somewhat exciting now. If I log on to play d3 for an hour I feel some progress, some chance, and if I go for a high GR I get some difficulty. The game is better than it has ever been.
02/10/2016 08:09 AMPosted by Daimos
Difficulty progression is D3 is terrible. In D2 I always enjoyed gearing for Hell and beating Hell Baal felt rewarding. In D3 you can't beat anything. It's an endless grind to get to higher rifts.
D2 Hell is equivalent to TX in D3.
It's a flat difficulty, offers no scaling, and gets trivialized rather quickly through gear.

D2 was a great game. But it was also an incredibly easy one. That's why there were so many diverse builds in D2; you could conquer Hell difficulty with nearly anything. Same applies for TX in D3.

Had there been an endless dungeon with scaling difficulty in D2, all you'd see would be hammerdins at the top and the same exact complaints about lack of diversity.
02/06/2016 07:16 AMPosted by Iulian
Oh man it must be so hard for you right now getting all those legendaries, it was so much fun back then when you had to do the same thing over and over for days without seeing any upgrade or having a sense of progression.

All you had to do was whip out the credit card and viola! Progression! =/
To OP, the power creep has been ridiculous.
02/06/2016 07:05 AMPosted by Aristo
Take it as a lesson learned: If you like something, you should be as compelled to voice your opinion as those that dislike something.

The masses came, saw, and conquered the General Complaint Forums.

^this is the reason for easy mode. This to to hard, change this, change that.
02/10/2016 11:31 AMPosted by Shivera
D2 was a great game. But it was also an incredibly easy one. That's why there were so many diverse builds in D2; you could conquer Hell difficulty with nearly anything. Same applies for TX in D3.

In D3 you can instagib nearly anything in TX with nearly everything.
in d2 you couldn't instagib anything in hell with everything...
In D3 you CAN'T beat the game. In D2 when you got your Guardian/Patriarch title you could consider yourself done. Only farming and PvP was left. This doesn't happen in D3. You never complete anything, especially in the Adventure mode.

D3 is designed as an endless grind. This wasn't the case in D2.
In D2 when you got your Guardian/Patriarch title you could consider yourself done. Only farming, ubers and PvP was left.

;)
The game difficulty now resides in Greater Rifts. Torment level means nothing right now.
If drop rates were that low again, people would be complaining about lack of souls for crafting.
I think the game became much to easy when the Devs decided to have everything revolve around sets instead of coming up with ways to make blues and yellows more interesting and useful. Then it wouldnt matter if you didnt complete a set or have every slot filled with a legendary.

They really really really took the easiest possible road. Now all we have are super overpowered sets nothing interesting remains.
02/06/2016 07:03 AMPosted by SimpleDave
Getting ancient versions with good rolls will take just as long. Augmenting them will take even longer. They let you get the items but you still got a long way to go.

Yah, this is what replaced the lower drop rate - getting ancient drops + good rolls ("gahhh - no, RNG Gods, I don't need a Legendary Spear, and certainly don't need +Gold Find on it).

One of my first posts was on the loot fest D3 was (I started playing after loot 2.0) - and at low paragon levels, it is... then upgrade necessity starts kicking in.
02/10/2016 12:46 PMPosted by Daimos
D3 is designed as an endless grind. This wasn't the case in D2

Yup, the effect of MMO's on the industry... everything had to look and feel like an MMO, even if it wasn't.
02/10/2016 12:46 PMPosted by Daimos
In D3 you CAN'T beat the game. In D2 when you got your Guardian/Patriarch title you could consider yourself done. Only farming and PvP was left. This doesn't happen in D3. You never complete anything, especially in the Adventure mode.

D3 is designed as an endless grind. This wasn't the case in D2.

you have seasons journey if you want to consider something done
With the release of patch 1.03