[2.5 Hopes and Dreams] - Uliana Stratagem

Monk
Since a ton of great feedback gets hidden when they shut down the PTR feedback forums every cycle, figured I would start a post here to discuss specific sets, items, builds, etc and how we would enjoy actually playing them with the hopes some developer reads them as they are preparing 2.5! This is my vision of how to tweak Uliana to be more diverse while maintaining the general theme/gameplay.

Uliana Stratagem
2pc: Every third hit of your spirit generators applies exploding palm and refreshes your SSS. Generators attack 25% faster.
4pc: Your SSS deals its total damage with each hit. Each SSS strike has 100% chance to proc Area Damage.
6pc: Your SSS accelerates your Exploding Palm, instantly dealing 9 seconds worth of your remaining damage over time effects and detonating.

Support Items:
Fist of Az - EP damage increased by 300% (not just explosion)
Flow of Eternity - Your Mystic Allies can also apply their elemental EP and cast SSS when you do. (I could see an Inna variation with this cubed)
Lion's Claw - Also adds +300% SSS damage as 5th primary #hate
Binding of the Lost - Also add +100% Area Damage as 5th primary #wut
Gungdo Gear / Spirit Guards / F&R / Hellfire - boring full kit.

Hopefully this will diversify rune selection of SSS and EP, increase damage cap to higher GR, and bring back the best part of the old Inna 6pc bonus - allies casting your SSS!
I like your ideas for opining up rune selection possibilities on EP and SSS.

I was considering using the Compass/travelers jewelry set.

It would be nice to free up a ring slot, then maybe use Stone of Jordan? Maybe Stone of Jordan could be changed to provide a class specific bonus, instead of the secondary that gives Max Spirit, it could have an orange effect like, "+100% EP damage, if your EP hits 4 or less targets the damage is increased by 250-300%"

Also I was wondering if the Aquila Cuirass might be a better choice than the Spirit Guard bracers for the cubed armor item to support a U6 set?
Man i love this idea... but...why to remove the cdr on foe??
@ansatsuken , he's put it on the generator

@Davlok ^^^ good question though might be a LoN build that could use the SSSCD.

perhaps beef up Logan's Claw with something for the cube
02/18/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Sentia
Also I was wondering if the Aquila Cuirass might be a better choice than the Spirit Guard bracers for the cubed armor item to support a U6 set?

True, 50% > 40%, and easier to monitor.

02/18/2016 01:03 PMPosted by Ansatsuken
Man i love this idea... but...why to remove the cdr on foe??

The imagined 2pc refreshed SSS cooldown, so FoE would be redundant.

02/18/2016 01:09 PMPosted by grogan
perhaps beef up Logan's Claw with something for the cube

How about if Logan's Claw...

- gave you the Near Death Experience passive
- increases your LPS by 500% when NDE is on cooldown.
- spawns a health globe every 5 seconds you are at full health

^_^
I really like it.

Although I think we need more Ally rune choices to make FoE work with every EP rune.
#GiveHolyAllyBack #LightningAllyPles

The imagined 2pc refreshed SSS cooldown, so FoE would be redundant.

Probably the best part, being gimped towards 1 stat at the start of gearing just to make a build, ANY build, work is never fun.
these are some old ideas I had about Uliana's. This topic seems like a good place to share..
And as to the Rune diversity, you could have a look at this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20418712688#18

Uliana's Stratagem
(2) Set:
• Every third hit of your Spirit Generators applies Exploding Palm.
• NEW: Each applied Exploding Palm from all sources is applied with a random rune effect.

(4) Set:
• Your Seven-Sided Strike deals its total damage with each hit.
• NEW: Each time Seven-Sided Strike is activated it gains an additional random rune effect on top of the already selected rune.

(6) Set:
• Your Seven-Sided Strike detonates your Exploding Palm.
• NEW: Your Exploding Palm explosions deals xxx% increased damage on the target it was detonated from.

Gungdo Gear:
• Exploding Palm's on-death explosion applies Exploding Palm.
• NEW: Each different runed Exploding Palm will stack on the same target.(U2)

@Davlok, I like your ideas. I have a note about the 4-set bonus, you say that it could have a 100% chance for area damage, all good but do we then stack area damage? And this is then the problem with Gungdo gear and EP as EP's spred from Gungdo Gear (as far as I know) do not proc area damage.
In Uliana's, the main damage is still comming from EP's detonating, why would we want to stack area damage at all then? Would it not make more sense to have U4 give SSS all runes ?

/Peace!
They need to increase epiphany duration, with U6 you are dead the moment it falls off.
One thing that is kind of odd is how little dmg from SSS actually matters, I like the set just always wished SSS would be the real deal and not just rely on EP explosions.
02/19/2016 08:56 AMPosted by Midnight
One thing that is kind of odd is how little dmg from SSS actually matters, I like the set just always wished SSS would be the real deal and not just rely on EP explosions.

Be careful what you ask for with SSS. Blizzard will just add "seven-sided strike does 200-250% damage" to flow of eternity and then make another couple of multipliers on other items like they did with wave of light.
Indeed...
And hopefully they wont touch Az fist again...
Can you imagine that we have to get it again :D
Sounds solid.
I would like to see a passive or item that will utilize being on cooldown, for example:
'Every second your damaging skills are on cooldown increases its damage by 100% '
Also maybe instead of attacking random targets SSS should attack an enemy that is pointed by cursor?
And last thing for now, SSS leaves a mark on the ground...it reminds me all runed Inner Sanctuary...;)
Davlok for prez, Kreygasm
Needs to make Epiphany last longer too, otherwise you get one shotted by just about anything past GR 70.
Removing FoE and making it in the 2pc would kill all fast builds even with In-geom...
A few more Uliana strings from the datamine ^_^

2.5 Flow of Eternity ~ "When one's mind floats along the unseen trails that pulse through the world, one’s movements become effortless." —Dvorak, Sage of the Many = 3rd power listed below.

Uliana
  • Your Seven-Sided Strike deals double its total damage with each hit.
  • Increase the damage of your Exploding Palm by 250% (?) and your Seven-Sided Strike detonates your Exploding Palm.
  • Increase the damage of Seven-Sided Strike by 100% and reduce the cooldown of Seven-Sided Strike by ___%
  • Davlok, is that datamined or just wish list?

Sounds awesome
    Dataminded.http://www.diablofans.com/news/48667-new-ptr-patch-datamined-march-2nd

Anyways, its looking good with the Mob changes too U6 and R6 might be on par now with other builds.
    03/02/2016 07:18 PMPosted by Davlok
    A few more Uliana strings from the datamine ^_^

2.5 Flow of Eternity ~ "When one's mind floats along the unseen trails that pulse through the world, one’s movements become effortless." —Dvorak, Sage of the Many = 3rd power listed below.

Uliana
  • Your Seven-Sided Strike deals double its total damage with each hit.
  • Increase the damage of your Exploding Palm by ___% and your Seven-Sided Strike detonates your Exploding Palm.
  • Increase the damage of Seven-Sided Strike by 100% and reduce the cooldown of Seven-Sided Strike by ___%

• Not like the build had any weapon choices, doesn't seem like it's going to have any after this >.> Could see dropping Fist of Az for something damage wise or good ol In-geom again.

I really hope they increase the CD amount that FoE reduces to the point where it'd be better to take the 4 other runes instead and erase the need for CDR.

Lol crazy thinking would be they made the other runes for EP as competitive to Impending Doom.
    At least we can safely assume the +100% SSS should be retro modified in our cube (More like Pinto instead of Tzo) since we'd still have to use Lion's + FoA as far as I can tell. -_-