[2.5 Hopes and Dreams] - Raiment of 1k Storms

Monk
Watching some OJ and reading some PTR datamines! I'm sure more may pop out soon... but so far #dreamcrushed

Looks like 3 updated fists and 1 new fist: (flavor text!)
~ “Brother Fyntana commissioned this weapon to replace the hand he lost in his storied quest to rid the Aranoch of the Lacuni. It is said that bits of the panther men he killed were incorporated in its construction.” - Poldamyr's Histories of the Veradani (2.5 Panther’s Claw)
~Indestructible, pure and clear. So the body follows the mind. (Crystal Fist )
~Fills its victims with an overwhelming despair that makes them pray for the sweet release of death. (Hand of Despair)
~The very sight of this weapon is enough to settle disputes that would otherwise lead to war.... (Fleshrake)

Shenlong Rebuffed
Adds +150% (up from 100%)

Raiment related powers (probably crystal fist, 6pc, and Panthers Claw?)

• Dashing Strike reduces your damage taken by __% for 6 seconds.
  • Your Spirit Generators increase the weapon damage of Dashing Strike to 12500% (?) for 6 seconds and Dashing Strike increases the damage of your Spirit Generators by 300% for 6 seconds.
  • Dashing Strike increases the damage of Dashing Strike by ___% for 1 second, stacking up to 5 times.
  • My guess is that spirit cost for dashing strike is on the panther's claw. For the 4 piece (guessing) bonus to work dashing strike has to cost spirit rather than cooldown and there is no mention of it costing spirit in the set.
    Raiment of a Thousand Storms

4 pieces: Your Spirit Generators increase the weapon damage of Dashing Strike to 12500% for 6 seconds and Dashing Strike increases the damage of your Spirit Generators by 300% for 6 seconds (new).

So thats what I see on the Datamine, If thats the case, then a nice combo of DS >Gen > DS> Gen etc.. would be fun, R6 was my favorite build so far. I hope to play it again!
    Waiting for more but my thoughts on the datamine linked here:

• RIP Jawbreaker

• Even more RIP to the fist weapon pool lol, unless one is transmog like Lachdanan's Stormshield. I do appreciate the art though

• What's interesting to me currently is that the current 6pc is now the 4pc which begs the question of what is going to be the 6pc? (that's if the datamine is correct)

• IF it is true, then R2, R4 and Shenlong's sounds like a dirty combo >:)

• As always, time will tell.
    03/03/2016 03:22 AMPosted by Xuen
    IF it is true, then R2, R4 and Shenlong's sounds like a dirty combo

Unless they removed the "The damage of your Spirit Generators is increased by 1.5% for each point of Spirit you have." part.. hopefully a datamine copy-paste error.
    02/19/2016 10:35 AMPosted by twinsbuster
    The 6pc bonus is too complicated and requires a lot of work. They will just do lazy simple stuff and then click the dispatch button like this:

2pc: Nothing change.

4pc: Keep current 4pc bonus. Add "Grant 50% damage reduction for 3 seconds after casting Dashing Strike."

6pc: Increase the Dashing Strike bonus to 25000%. Add "Enemies hit by your Dashing Strike take 300% increased damage from your Spirit Generators for 6 seconds."

told you
    Random thoughts on R6 in 2.5 for pushing GRs....

Baseline Item Loadout
    Full Raiment (Cindercoat³)
    Spirit Guards
    String of Ears (WH)
    Travelers / Compass / CoE (Zodiac³)
    Crystal Fist + Fleshrake (Furnace³ of FD³)

So the actual gameplay probably isn't going to be much different than 2.2 R6... with Fire being the "best" element. About as exciting as Cold Uliana so far for 2.5! ^_^
    Sigh... after playing around some on 2.4.1 PTR, did not immediately get the same level of excitement as I did for 2.4 and LoN. So now I remember why I never really like Raiment back in 2.2 even without access to Zodiac.

- hate losing all my DS charges because I held the button down too long
    - hate Shenlong's drain and being unable to DS leading to ^
    - hate being melee without full Desert Shroud uptime
    - soon to hate having to CS stuff to wherever Oculus circles spawn
    - soon to hate having to watch like 5 Raiment buffs (3 if generator!)

About the only thing I did enjoy was playing with Mirinae and FoF again for giggles.

#dreamsdestroyed
    this is actually a fun thing to do.

thing is, it feels more like dashing strike is used more for utility rather than the main damage source, which i guess what Blizzard is going for with the set.

i really like all the ideas you suggested.
    I have been seeing a lot of talk about how Raiment needs a rework and not just another buff and always think back on this suggestion so I thought I would bump this.
    Yeah, I have to agree with SgtCreamSoda here and say I don't like when utility skills, particularly ubiquitous ones like Dashes or Charges, have most of your damage. I don't want such a play-style, even if it were stronger than the competition. I think it is bad enough we have to dash every couple seconds in higher rifts just to mitigate damage and stay alive. How about giving monk some mitigation instead so we don't need to all play like Wizards?
    I like how they're going with these mini-patches 2.4.1, 2.4.2, 2.4.3, etc that will keep this thread title alive until 2017!
    06/27/2016 03:32 AMPosted by Davlok
    I like how they're going with these mini-patches 2.4.1, 2.4.2, 2.4.3, etc that will keep this thread title alive until 2017!

Quote Mr. Kim, Fifth Element: Good philosophy! See good in bad. I like.
    2.4.2 (lol) Gen R6 is as close to good, I believe this set will ever get
    Close to good? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't people pushing higher GR on the PTR than monk has ever soloed before?
    06/28/2016 04:35 PMPosted by wizdro
    Close to good? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't people pushing higher GR on the PTR than monk has ever soloed before?

I'm still just waiting for the Nerf to hit that 6-set 1250% bonus ... My best bad estimate will be something like 400-600% max ...
    06/28/2016 04:35 PMPosted by wizdro

Performance wise it's decent. The spirit management is really janky however.
    Just look at the Rank 1 PTR monk solo leaderbord.
    This is the best result at the PTR I can, without conduit.
    But, seems era 7 will not be monk-meta)))