Safest class possible for starting out on HC?

Hardcore
So i am already playing seasonal SC and i was just curious as to what is the safest HC class to start with. A little info to aid with this question is this.
1.) i have a very bad cheapo laptop so i have video lag at times and long load screens
2.) I want a class that can handle well both in group play and solo content
3.) Ideally this will not be a class that requires ancients to do T10 Content without dying

Any ideas please? Thanks in advance for any advice on this subject
/whichever class you found the most comfortable or have the most experience at on the sc side

otherwise, I'd say crus or wd
when starting out HC... I like to level up a barb... good toughness for anything thrown your way.

then once I get to 70 and get some stuff... (gems/mats/etc) I go and level up a different class.
Barbarian is by far the best class. Especially Dagger-wielding Barbarians, they're the bees knees.
Any melee class has a built in 30% damage reduction/toughness. So I'd say any melee class. Wizards tend to die the most, so I'd say level one only if you want a little bit more of a challenge
This fully depends on the player and their goals.

Personally I find WD to be the easiest/safest class to level 1-70. Sure I lack the 30% damage reduction but I have dogs and other things to keep people occupied. Now, if your goal is to be safe 1-70 & through T10 I'd go Barb or Crusader. Thornsader just blitzes to T10 since you'll get the Thorns gear from the season quest and Barb is just a beast in general.
Thorn sader is about as safe as you can get in hardcore. You are stacking Vitality to increase your Thorns damage so you can usually tank most incoming damage while things die from attacking you.
I'd say DH only because I am partial to them and have not played anything except Wiz & DH(with sincerity) in forever.
Nope! They are not safe in the toughness dept - but they're unparalleled with ensuring nothing is alive "where you've been"(escape routes..). I also just think they're fun!

I'm brand new in HC due to the Guardian part of Season Journey. This was completed on the 13th and I've left my SC Seasonal characters pretty much unplayed since then.

1. I have a crappy 5 year old laptop.
2. I am 100% solo/selfie
3. I was rolling T9 prior to getting ancient anything with M6 & UE. It's all about completing a set - not about ancient items. Once I got M6(the safer of the 2 main DH sets)I was good to go. When my terrible ancient Yang's finally dropped - TX became a cakewalk and GR 55's are 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 min with the UE set.
4. If you play solo - Expect a lot of hours spent in lower T's farming Bounties & Rifts for very little rewards. I forgot just how bad lower diffs were in regards to loot. otoh- If you get carried well.. reap those rewards much faster I guess! :)

It all comes down to what you're comfortable & familiar with class-wise.
Mindset seemed to be the key for me - not the character. Hell I still play as aggressive as heck! Yolo right?

Good luck.
the list goes from easiest to hardest
IMHO

1 - Witch Doctor
2 - Barb
3 - cruzader
4 - Monk
5 - Demon Hunter
6 - Wizard

hope that helps
shield barb.
Barb gameplay is tediously boring, no matter what set and therefore build you use the gameplay is stupifying. Barb is also not safe as if you forget to leap with pure mote you get 1 shotted as an example. Raekoh is not dc proof on TX-GR50 and its the most stupifying build ever.

So barb is a no no.

WD and sader are out of the silly easy gearing and add a bit longetivity to the game. Sader is also DC proof on TX-GR55 so both are pretty safe.
after a few failed avarice conquests, i've decided to level up a hc char to do my second conquest. went with the wd because i was able to do grift 45 with no set poeces with ease in sc, so have decided to give it a whirl on hc. at least it's something i can chip away at. i hate "prepping" and haven't had much luck with gilded barons. have 4/6 for the 6 sets at grift 55, but am falling flat due to lack of support items. it's working out well so far.
Wd or thorns sader are the best for DC's.

WD pets should shield you for long enough and saders auto casting bombardment belt mixed with gg toughness lets you go afk in t10 once moderately geared.

Wd has a locust swarm LoN build which kills most stuff around you along with gargs and dogs as well ( i change the dogs to leeching beasts for LOH even when dc'd ) but this takes a while to gear properly.
Go Barb. I play with bad connection and I can tell you that Barb got the best survival chance through crappy yellow and red pings. If you go WW, just hold on to one button and you will survive through a category 5 hurricane. haha. You can't go wrong with a barb when it comes down to survival. TBH, at the game current state, it really doesn't matter. It doesn't take long to gear up a full set at all. You should play the class that you enjoy the most.
If I put the game on hard and self level myself as a WD it only takes 4 hrs or so to get to 70 from scratch... that's at the start of the season. It's really easy.

WD is my favorite and when properly geared is very good at surviving laggy situations. However, the tankiness at times is decieving as it requires a certain confluence of skills and gearing and pets also add to the tankiness but when you find yourself alone amongst a bunch of hard hitting mobs all the sudden because your gargs or dogs are not around you then you can be dead meat.

Crusader is probably the best. Thorns for the win.
If you're looking for the safest class, I think you're approaching hardcore wrong. Part of the fun of playing this way is when you get the adrenaline of trying to stay alive through tight spots. You shouldn't go into it for the first time playing a class you don't enjoy just to be "unkillable". Play a class that's fun to you and it will be the most rewarding. In the process, you'll also probably develop a depth of knowledge about the class and survival that you didn't previously know about before trying hardcore.
02/22/2016 03:20 PMPosted by Fayra
Any melee class has a built in 30% damage reduction/toughness. So I'd say any melee class. Wizards tend to die the most, so I'd say level one only if you want a little bit more of a challenge

At the start of the game that reduction actually makes sense, because melee will be on melee taking dmg all the time while ranged will be far while dealing its dmg. I think WD is much safer than any other because of pets and ranged attacks. Once you can craft an yellow 2hander you kill everything with haunt even in T1 before they even get to you. Also, you get your second life passive at lvl 30 as oppose to the other ranged classes that get it on 60-65.
02/25/2016 01:58 PMPosted by HojoKing
Go Barb. I play with bad connection and I can tell you that Barb got the best survival chance through crappy yellow and red pings. If you go WW, just hold on to one button and you will survive through a category 5 hurricane.
Yea, that´s how idiotic barb gameplay is but when unstable bliz server melts or performance issue of the game causes a lag freeze or d3 client crashes etc. etc. Barb melts like snow on spring.
Barb for your first I think, you can make more mistakes and live to tell about it. And when the server acts up your chances are a little better that you wont be crying on re connection.
02/21/2016 06:40 AMPosted by Kobalt
1.) i have a very bad cheapo laptop so i have video lag at times and long load screens
2.) I want a class that can handle well both in group play and solo content
3.) Ideally this will not be a class that requires ancients to do T10 Content without dying

have you people really looked at the "fine prints"?
just (1).... no class is safe for you...

get a reliable desktop... unless your (re-roll time) hourly pay is a lot lower than minimum pay.