When will I be able to..

General Discussion
pick up Death's Breaths (and other crafting mats for that matter) by walking over them?
grow up
probably never - they said in the interview some ludicrous excuse that "when you auto pick stuff you don't notice how much you got, like was it 2 or 3? i don't remember". this is apparently a reason for not implement auto pickup for anything else than gold.

if someone understands the logic behind this, please enlighten me because it sounds like nonsense.
Ikr, this is just so horrible, it's like oppressive. I mean you have to click ONCE to pick up every DB around you. Wanna pick up the 20 gems scattered around you? Gotta click ONCE again. Such a time waster.

/sarcasm
I have no idea how many bloodshards I EVER pick up because I always need them. Same with Death's Breath. Who cares how many dropped or how many got vacuumed up, you always need them.
02/12/2016 04:10 AMPosted by ksdg
probably never - they said in the interview some ludicrous excuse that "when you auto pick stuff you don't notice how much you got, like was it 2 or 3? i don't remember". this is apparently a reason for not implement auto pickup for anything else than gold.

if someone understands the logic behind this, please enlighten me because it sounds like nonsense.
I can't explain their logic.

But I can say that Diablo was founded as a pick up loot game.
When you cease to pick up loot, it takes away something from the game.

I'll use gold as an example. Gold in D2 and D3 is an afterthought. It's nearly meaningless.
In Diablo 1, it had meaning. You had to physically click on the gold, well as manage it in inventory (it occupied inventory space as if you were carrying it). In D2, dropped gold was nothing compared to vendoring a blue item.

With saying all of that, the conversation should be "Should Diablo change? If so, why?" When you start to remove details of the game, you lose what the game is about. And it's fine to change what the game is about, but there should be reason behind it. Developers saying "players will lose count" isn't valid; just like players saying "I don't like it" isn't valid either.
Along with picking up by walking over them this is how they should be stored http://i.imgur.com/MnmDWsI.png and if the display number on the bar has a cap you simply scroll over it to see the full number of it you have.
02/12/2016 04:01 AMPosted by Muffinz
pick up Death's Breaths (and other crafting mats for that matter) by walking over them?

Patch 3.2 - March 2021

They'll introduce it as something 'new' and 'awesome' in Blizzcon November 2020.
Is it really such a hassle to take the .6 seconds to move your mouse over and click on the item to pick it up?

Im just happy the pet actually will get gold for me now. Like, this was a huge thing for me that I was very excited about.
When will you be able to be fed applesauce intravenously so that you don't have to actually burn calories swallowing it?

Hopefully technological advances will be able to help you be more of a hapless sluggard soon. Until then try not to exert yourself too much crying about a video game and how difficult it is.
02/12/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Thphlstr
Is it really such a hassle to take the .6 seconds to move your mouse over and click on the item to pick it up?

Yes because in that .6 sec, I could had kill .00002% more demons gaining .0000005632% more xp.

Times that by 100 death breaths that like a gazillion lost in exp...
then you will waste their effort to repaint them :(
02/12/2016 09:31 AMPosted by FartSniffer
Ikr, this is just so horrible, it's like oppressive. I mean you have to click ONCE to pick up every DB around you. Wanna pick up the 20 gems scattered around you? Gotta click ONCE again. Such a time waster.

/sarcasm

F-that. Picking up DBs actually does hurt the performance of any build based on the In-Goem cool down reduction. I lose a significant uptime in my Woh-Rasha speed build if I'm trying to click of those as I'm flying by. I think anything non-equipable should just be auto picked like gold and stored in the UI like gold.
02/12/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Thphlstr

Im just happy the pet actually will get gold for me now. Like, this was a huge thing for me that I was very excited about.

Was the irony of this post intended?
I'll like it if I can set my pet treeman to pick up certain items. I mean, he already picks up gold for me, why not make him pick up mats as well.

it'll also be nice if we can get a "salvage all legendary" for our blacksmith. Nowadays, I just scroll over my items and if it's not ancient... I salvage.
02/12/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Lag16Smoke
02/12/2016 09:31 AMPosted by FartSniffer

/sarcasm

F-that. Picking up DBs actually does hurt the performance of any build based on the In-Goem cool down reduction. I lose a significant uptime in my Woh-Rasha speed build if I'm trying to click of those as I'm flying by. I think anything non-equipable should just be auto picked like gold and stored in the UI like gold.

As you get faster and faster, it gets to be more and more significant. Ironic, considering this is the exact reason that nothing drops in GRIFTs until the RG is dead.
I use Item Icons for loot markers. I've no need of seeing generic item names all over the ground nor do I care how much each gold stack is.

If you use Icons for drops you'll know that DB are a p.i.t.a.!! They consistently drop UNDER rares and at the bottom of the loot stacks. You can't click a wide item name box like you can with long form active.

I don't want auto-loot myself..well I don't care either way tbh - I just want them to set stack priority to DB in regards to Item Icons option and make it so they cannot drop too close to anything else :).