Quitting game and forums until bots are banned

General Discussion
02/14/2016 10:19 PMPosted by Aurin

lol

More lag when more people are on.

SHOCKER!!!!!!

There are MILLIONS more WoW players online during Peak time than in the morning. It kinda backs up the point the other guy was making.

Did you understand what "server resources" means? WoW have 10000 more dedicated server resources than Diablo3. Diablo3 server resource allocation does not work around the fact that 50% of population are logged 24\7, since bots are not punished. So there indeed more lag during peak time, because real humans start playing D3, while bots do not stop doing this. There is two ways to fix - increase servers resource just to count that bots will be online always or ban all bots permanantly without warning.

You will guaranteed have a couple of forum\reddit posts like "omg, i'm not bot and 146% legit player and still banned, go to hell Blizzard." etc. But the rest of population (who is actually truly legit, not just turbohud-legit) will be happy and feel that lags are gone completely :)
02/14/2016 10:52 PMPosted by Bless
02/14/2016 10:19 PMPosted by Aurin

lol

More lag when more people are on.

SHOCKER!!!!!!

There are MILLIONS more WoW players online during Peak time than in the morning. It kinda backs up the point the other guy was making.

Did you understand what "server resources" means? WoW have 10000 more dedicated server resources than Diablo3. Diablo3 server resource allocation does not work around the fact that 50% of population are logged 24\7, since bots are not punished. So there indeed more lag during peak time, because real humans start playing D3, while bots do not stop doing this. There is two ways to fix - increase servers resource just to count that bots will be online always or ban all bots permanantly without warning.

You will guaranteed have a couple of forum\reddit posts like "omg, i'm not bot and 146% legit player and still banned, go to hell Blizzard." etc. But the rest of population (who is actually truly legit, not just turbohud-legit) will be happy and feel that lags are gone completely :)

You do realize that WoW is full of bots too, right?

In D3, most botters bot during off-peak times since they are grinding GRs during peak times so not sure what point you are trying to make.
oddly to say but back when the real money auction house was in the game, diablo 3 made its own income paying for its own servers very easy with no effort, now since they did away with the auction house completely and made it so you cant trade to prevent sites from selling gold or items, its income is severely limited to just from the selling of the game, which by now im betting not many new people buy the game since alot of people already have it. so blizzard runs 3 or more services off the same servers, hearthstone/heroes of the storm/starcraft 2/diablo 3 all on the same servers,its not gonna be nice during peek hours of the day.. so to all you who knocked the auction house and wanted to do away with it, it actually supported the game you wanted to play. if your a old d3 player the worst thing about vanilla was error 34 after that there was no laggy servers like they are now.
Lol at those players thinking Wow population has anything to do with Diablo lag.

What do you imagine? That there is one computer in a room that handles data for all Blizzard games.

Yes, more people online means more work for the servers, which makes some games lag (among other problems)

Yes, if you bot and my game lags because of this, it does destroy my game experience. That's why botters must be punished hard. They destroy the game experience of legit users. I don't think their Diablo account banned would be enough. I think the entire Battlenet account with all games should be erased - All games removed, all achievments and purchases deleted. THAT would make people twice about botting.
02/14/2016 09:50 PMPosted by Anagram8
Don't worry I won't hold my breath.
Neither will anybody else because you aren't going anywhere. Thanks for the false promise nonetheless.

Cheers!
ok bye bye...
02/15/2016 03:34 AMPosted by Doombringer
Lol at those players thinking Wow population has anything to do with Diablo lag.

What do you imagine? That there is one computer in a room that handles data for all Blizzard games.

Yes, more people online means more work for the servers, which makes some games lag (among other problems)

Yes, if you bot and my game lags because of this, it does destroy my game experience. That's why botters must be punished hard. They destroy the game experience of legit users. I don't think their Diablo account banned would be enough. I think the entire Battlenet account with all games should be erased - All games removed, all achievments and purchases deleted. THAT would make people twice about botting.
this totally agreed. Those who say it doesn't affect them are under a rock
02/15/2016 03:45 AMPosted by Sÿlak
02/14/2016 09:50 PMPosted by Anagram8
Don't worry I won't hold my breath.
Neither will anybody else because you aren't going anywhere. Thanks for the false promise nonetheless.

Cheers!

You know even PoE, so much smaller resource than blizzard, are catching bots.

PoE major content patch coming soon, and Grimed dawn have way more build diversity and endgame

At least PoE devs Trying to fight against botting, I appreciate their effort.
02/14/2016 10:11 PMPosted by Serenity
02/14/2016 10:06 PMPosted by panance

They affect you. They affect everyone. Too many people log on overloads the server. Game will be way less lag if people are not on d3 all the time. The server not designed for that.

Devs said the server cant handle for more stash, and many people say they encounter lag on forum and reddit.
BS, you know what overloads the server? WoW overloads it, we piggyback on a wow server there dude. Bots affect your gameplay this much ---> ZERO Psychologically they affect you a great deal, I am curious, why? There is no reward, unless you think being #1 on some imaginary board somehow validates you. I'd say you need help, or a better hobby.

So its the botters on WoW that are contributing to the lag issues on Diablo 3?
Either way your argument points to dealing with botters in one game or another.
The tears! They will never end lol This generation is full of cry babies.
02/17/2016 09:49 PMPosted by panance
[quote="207405078091"]

You know even PoE, so much smaller resource than blizzard, are catching bots.

PoE major content patch coming soon, and Grimed dawn have way more build diversity and endgame

At least PoE devs Trying to fight against botting, I appreciate their effort.

It's easy to spot bots when you personally know all 23 regular players of your game.
02/17/2016 10:17 PMPosted by Treacherous

+1000

Playing so little and crying so much. New generation will be mentally destroyed in d2lod times lol
02/14/2016 10:11 PMPosted by Serenity
02/14/2016 10:06 PMPosted by panance

They affect you. They affect everyone. Too many people log on overloads the server. Game will be way less lag if people are not on d3 all the time. The server not designed for that.

Devs said the server cant handle for more stash, and many people say they encounter lag on forum and reddit.
BS, you know what overloads the server? WoW overloads it, we piggyback on a wow server there dude. Bots affect your gameplay this much ---> ZERO Psychologically they affect you a great deal, I am curious, why? There is no reward, unless you think being #1 on some imaginary board somehow validates you. I'd say you need help, or a better hobby.

Show us your source. There are times when WoW servers are down and D3 is played and vice versa.
Gee simply ignore all the losers making and quitting Gr's looking for an easy one. The bot logs on and runs. The fishers are constantly making and quitting, that is what loads us down. . As for the op good riddance, the game culls another one.
op=drama queen
The high you climb on leaderboard, more you see how bad the situation really is. A few season ago, 300, 400 paragon lvls already made a huge diference on solo and 2p leaderboards, imagine now 1000-2000 more paragons, it is just impossible. It is just disheartened when you are disputing the rank 1 with another legic player and then suddenly a botter show up from nowhere with 500+ paragon and get the first rank... That was a few seasons ago, now we are talking about people with 3000+ lvls last season, 4000+ this season....

I used to like leaderboards, after playing d3 since start, this is all left to do. But i saw the players getting consume by botters every month. And after patch 2.3, the paragon lvls skyrocket with that broken xp grind speed meta...

And i realise that game, that used to be a loot hunt game, became a boring xp grind game.

Before 2.3, you used to see all time people asking for a high GR push on communities. But now all you see is speeds, speeds, speeds. This is no fun.

It would be nice to ban botters, but after 5 seasons without blizz doing anything, i dont think they ever will. But if they fix the paragon system, legit players would be back to game, leaderboard related.

Until then, i log in every start of season, race the conquest, because that is the only thing botters cant take much advantage of, and then i am done until next season.
02/14/2016 09:55 PMPosted by Aurin
You are only paragon 772 in the current season. How exactly are bots affecting your game play?

QFT

Interesting fact:
You suddenly don't stop being bad at the game when people stop botting.
OP can come back now.

http://bbs.d3.blizzard.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=676033&extra=page%3D1

Google translate that
02/17/2016 11:25 PMPosted by Qwenta
02/17/2016 10:17 PMPosted by Treacherous

+1000

Playing so little and crying so much. New generation will be mentally destroyed in d2lod times lol

How many good games were available when LoD came out? How many options were there to spend your valuable free time? The changes in gameplay are not player driven, but market driven. Games that waste a players time, or are excessively grindy for minimal reward do not survive in the current market. Why play 200 hours hoping for a runeword when you can play half a dozen AAA games with solid stories, unique features and actually challenging mechanics in the same time?

Grinding isnt difficulty. Games like Dark Souls are legitimately challenging and engage the player. Praying to a slot machine (D2 and D3) is neither. The only reason old school games were so difficult is due to arbitrary mechanics that made no sense, bugs, and the limitations of the medium.
02/18/2016 03:52 AMPosted by Cruciform
02/14/2016 09:55 PMPosted by Aurin
You are only paragon 772 in the current season. How exactly are bots affecting your game play?

QFT

Interesting fact:
You suddenly don't stop being bad at the game when people stop botting.

Bad at diablo 3? Yeah because this game takes real skill and doesn't depend on the time spent grinding for gear and paragon levels. Lol
02/14/2016 11:26 PMPosted by Gimboo
oddly to say but back when the real money auction house was in the game, diablo 3 made its own income paying for its own servers very easy with no effort, now since they did away with the auction house completely and made it so you cant trade to prevent sites from selling gold or items, its income is severely limited to just from the selling of the game, which by now im betting not many new people buy the game since alot of people already have it. so blizzard runs 3 or more services off the same servers, hearthstone/heroes of the storm/starcraft 2/diablo 3 all on the same servers,its not gonna be nice during peek hours of the day.. so to all you who knocked the auction house and wanted to do away with it, it actually supported the game you wanted to play. if your a old d3 player the worst thing about vanilla was error 34 after that there was no laggy servers like they are now.

You got sources for that? Unless you can prove to me that Blizz shares servers across several games, I'm calling BS.