Season 5 in a nutshell

General Discussion
Blizzard put in a lot of work, I will give them that. What they didn't do is expand on what makes Diablo fun. People like to sandbox and still be somewhat viable. I get LoN was to expand on sandboxing but it ending up devaluing the sets big time for many classes. We ended up with some sets struggling to do T6 with any speed to others being a good T10 build that fails at being even remotely competitive in GR pushing.

What went wrong?
LoN to strong
Sets to weak vs others
Wiz to strong vs other DPS
To many items designed around a build that fell short (Bracers, weapons, etc)
Some classes top DPS extremely mobile others top DPS stationary

What went right?
I like augmenting
The set changes were nice

Season 5 got old real fast and my friends list reflected that. I think if wizard wasn't so OP and if LoN was never a thing along with some better balancing and tuning of builds it could have been epic.

I think the best thing they could do to make a better game going forward is weekly tuning of builds to level the playing field.
"LoN so strong" will come from a witch doctor or crusader.
02/16/2016 09:13 AMPosted by Strider
Blizzard put in a lot of work

I stopped read here ....
I don't think that Augmenting was good. It's nice to have a gem sink, but it's so grind-heavy. It's just some boring main stats. It could have been something else.
02/16/2016 09:15 AMPosted by pattycake

Helltooth will outcompete unless you literally bot the game for the best possible gear.
Wizard's DPS really killed this season for me. I like running 4 man GRifts, but I loathe the triple support setup. I have literally fallen asleep in dungeons playing support WD. They either really need to do more extensive testing (no clue how potentially infinite exponential scaling gets through PTR), or do in season balance patches. This was found early enough in the season, that it still could've been feasible to top leaderboards without it with enough grinding.
02/16/2016 09:53 AMPosted by LMSskeletor
02/16/2016 09:15 AMPosted by pattycake

Helltooth will outcompete unless you literally bot the game for the best possible gear.

Don't get me started with Helltooth lol. It's the pet set right now, what happen to Zuni? it's not the starter, it's not even use somewhat good, how did that set completely fall under the radar. Just about everyone I know that loves WD gets all excited about that set and this season it was beyond garbage.

sad
02/16/2016 09:59 AMPosted by Strider

Don't get me started with Helltooth lol. It's the pet set right now, what happen to Zuni? it's not the starter, it's not even use somewhat good, how did that set completely fall under the radar. Just about everyone I know that loves WD gets all excited about that set and this season it was beyond garbage.

sad

Yeah Zuni is pretty bad. If they removed the mana spender requirement and just added 800% damage to pets then it might be a little more useful.
02/16/2016 09:59 AMPosted by Strider

sad

Zuni problem #1: It has a Ring
Zuni problem #2: It has a Helm
Zuni problem #3: It requires some terribad spenders to deal damage for no good reason
Zuni problem #4: Not enough toughness
Zuni problem #5: You can't really squeeze in Gargantuan Ring without massive DPS loss.
02/16/2016 09:13 AMPosted by Strider
Blizzard put in a lot of work

hahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahha

ha