ISO Unstable Scepter mechanics/uses

Wizard
Hello, I am gearing up for a cold LoN ray of frost build. I know its not the best but im sure it will be fun :) I found an ancient unstable scepter and my question is this, if I use frozen orb as my spender and have it auto cast while im channeling ray of frost. Will I still get the double explosion and damage perks? Thanks!
02/22/2016 11:44 AMPosted by Ham
Will I still get the double explosion and damage perks? Thanks!

Yes, but the orbs will lose the ability to trigger area damage.
02/22/2016 11:53 AMPosted by BDF
02/22/2016 11:44 AMPosted by Ham
Will I still get the double explosion and damage perks? Thanks!

does the double explosion work pretty good with frozen orb?
02/22/2016 12:34 PMPosted by Ham
02/22/2016 11:53 AMPosted by BDF

does the double explosion work pretty good with frozen orb?

Since frozen orb does half its damage in travel and half in the explosion.....and the explosion is the only part happening twice....you only get ~1.5x dmg from using it vs getting a full 2x dmg by using a rune that does all its dmg with the explosion.

But if you're just looking for fun factor it shouldn't much matter. But you should really make sure you use: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/triumvirate

That offhand is way way more powerful than sceptr for orb damage.
I have a related question about the sceptre. If you're equipped with the Moonlight ward necklace (or cubed) and the sceptre, would those explode an additional time?
02/23/2016 05:00 PMPosted by proj3kt727
I have a related question about the sceptre. If you're equipped with the Moonlight ward necklace (or cubed) and the sceptre, would those explode an additional time?

Nope. Those are Arcane shards and not Arcane Orbs.