Trading ! Is it Time For Change?

Items and Crafting
02/17/2016 07:54 AMPosted by Taiga
It's time for a whole new game.

D3 has run its course and there wasn't much good to be had with it.

Well lots of other games out there - does blizzard have you chained to this one ?

I happen to like D3 as it is. Just the right amount of RNG and just the right amount of grind to get stuff if you aren't lucky. The only thing I am not sure I like is those free sets with achievements at the start - that sort of takes some of the fun away.
02/17/2016 07:13 AMPosted by Subotai
this game desperately needs some sort of trade system barter system omg something!
every1 knows that! that's why they lost so many players during ROS but it is as it is so accept or try a different game?
02/19/2016 03:29 AMPosted by Redskullz
this game desperately needs some sort of trade system barter system omg something!
every1 knows that! that's why they lost so many players during ROS but it is as it is so accept or try a different game?

I came back AFTER they got rid of the auction house. I could never progress in this game when there was an auction house.

So no not everyone knows that. I see no need for a trading system right now - what you going to trade for ? The drop rates for legendaries are good and if you aren't lucky you can farm mats for the cube.
You DO get a trade system. It's for a couple hours while you're grouped with someone. Anything that drops, you get 2-3hrs to swap that item.

Otherwise, I agree with "NO".... I quit because of the AH's. And just came back a few weeks ago and am GREATLY enjoying the game now. I actually go kill monsters instead of sitting in the AH like some kind of stock broker buying/selling gear.
Seriously everyone, this game desperately needs some sort of trade system barter system omg something! Hasn't it been long enough, every other video game and it's dog has some sort of trading sys.

Seriously. Diablo 3 doesn't. It never did. Not the way how the game works right now. Itemisation and gameplay has way to little depth for trading to ever work well. Trading can work. But not in this game I am afraid. So no reason to ask for it.
Because cosmetic items totally allow you to perform better.
02/17/2016 07:16 AMPosted by WildPants
no

poe is for creditcard warriors, d3 is for legit players

Because cosmetic items totally allow you to be better at the game amirite?
02/19/2016 02:49 AMPosted by DeadRu
Actually you can earn flying in WoD. When mop released we could not fly on pandaria either. There was flying ing in WoD just not in the new zone. . If people left because of the flying issue well then good riddance. They are just the ones that want to bypass content or gank lower level characters . I have not even attempted to fly in WoD, can't see the need for it.

Wow, you sure like twisting things around. You are right that we couldn't fly immediately in Pandaria, but we could when we hit max level, that is all players ever wanted, to fly at max level. Something that took a whole lot of sub losses before it was implemented in WoD. However, players still don't get it at max level like before. Now they have to jump through a bunch of hoops and grind to get it. Does that sound familiar?

Saying that flying available in WoD, just not the new zone is just disingenuous. Being able to fly in WoD in the new zones was all that mattered, because that is where all the players went, and they couldn't fly there. Why the heck are you defending such a poor choice? Blizzard lost 3 million subs the first quarter, the same amount they lose over the lifetime of an expac. Three million!

It was a poor choice! Blizzard gained nothing by getting rid of flying and stringing along their players saying "Well, we will think about it" when they had no intention of ever bringing it back. There was never, I repeat never a huge or much of any outcry to get rid of flying. The outcry to get rid of it only occurred after Blizzard said they would get rid of it. Then people flocked to Blizzard's side to defend them, never thinking of the ramifications. Blizzard tore the playerbase apart, pure and simple. Did you read the boards back then? It was more toxic than D3 and LoL put together! You don't take away something that's been in the game for 8 years and give nothing back to the players as recompense.

Saying that "If they left, then good riddance" is stupid. You just lost a bunch of paying subs that were propping the game up. How is that good? Now all that are left are the 3 million or whatever people who like the game still. Was flying really hurting you that bad that it was worth losing so many subs over?

Ok, I don't use this term often, but LOL to "They are just the ones that want to bypass content or gank lower level characters" (regarding flying) Maybe, just maybe, people love flying because, wait for it, you can't do that sort of thing in real life and it is fun to try it in a videogame. Maybe they like to fly to see the scenery. Does it really matter that they might gank someone or avoid content? You are avoiding content riding a horse and riding around mobs, should Blizz take away the horse? You avoid content as a rogue when you stealth, should Blizz take away stealth?

"I have not even attempted to fly in WoD, can't see the need for it" Really? So you never once got stuck on mobs, terrain, had to take a ten minute detour because the map was poor and there were no direct routes to where you wanted to go? Then congratulations! Because you are the only person in the history of WoW to never have any issues with terrain glitches, poor maps and other assorted junk littering the ground.

Like it or not, getting rid of flying was the worst choice the devs ever made (aside from Arena). They don't even publicly show the sub numbers they are so bad now. Blizz can spin that however they want, but the bottom line is, if those numbers were good, Blizz would be crowing about them and making them public and those numbers died because Blizz took away flying.
02/19/2016 06:28 AMPosted by Rhyas9
02/17/2016 07:16 AMPosted by WildPants
no

poe is for creditcard warriors, d3 is for legit players

Because cosmetic items totally allow you to be better at the game amirite?

Third party sites aren't making their money from cosmetic items.

POE official shop is pay to look good *mostly*.

POE currency sellers are pay to win and business is good.

=)
So what is it that blizzard give trading in WoW and not in D3? Why they not afraid of 3rd party selling in WoW?
No.. Just no no no... You noob.
02/21/2016 12:27 AMPosted by panance
So what is it that blizzard give trading in WoW and not in D3? Why they not afraid of 3rd party selling in WoW?

The big difference is that basically once a week in WoW you have a shot at getting better gear, unlike every time you log on in D3.

The mechanics of getting gear also differs greatly in WoW. In WoW, a guild could carry you to a boss, kill it and give you the loot and you pay the guild, but it takes a lot of prep work, not to mention it will only work once a week with the lockouts (Or maybe its twice, I forget how they work)

It isn't like D3 where you get loot showered on you 24/7.

However, the trading mechanism in WoW is remarkably similar to the one in D3. If you are part of the raid or group, you can get any loot that dropped for the raid/group as long as someone gives it to you before the timer expires. This is the same as being able to trade loot with people you were grouped with in D3 till the timer expires.
Seriously everyone, this game desperately needs some sort of trade system barter system omg something! Hasn't it been long enough, every other video game and it's dog has some sort of trading sys.
It doesn't even need to be for real money, i believe that the RNG has out lived and at this point getting very old its about time for a change and we need a plan B .
Is it possible to get some positive feedback on this idea i really do think it would change the game positively and keep players in the game just a little longer RNG is putting everyone to sleep. just play D3 for an hour and go to bed guaranteed a good night sleep. Thanks everyone, this is just my opinion happy hunting..

I agree with you!!!!!

This game is lonely. Can't inspect players... Cannot trade... No real fun with any sort of PVP... It's come down to a patch... Literally all we do is rift .. Absolutely boring ...