"Un-Fix" the Area Damage

General Discussion
Seriously. I don't care if this will cause it to be a "broken stat". Remove it from the game or put it back like it was. Get a map full of skeletons? Server overload and die. Get a map of bogits and brood lords? Server overload and die. Carebears...dead too. This game is unplayable with any density anymore.

You've shown us over 2 seasons...5 months now...your servers cannot handle the area damage. Please put an end to the madness...at least density "aka fun" was worth fighting 2 seasons ago.
Must be your pc problem :)
02/17/2016 09:39 PMPosted by BearODactyl
Must be your pc problem :)

Go back to GR 40 solo. You have no clue.
02/17/2016 09:44 PMPosted by MASKOAA
Go back to GR 40 solo. You have no clue.

What are you smoking? I have 0 issues with Area Damage causing my game to lag.
Seems you guys never did GR 80+ let alone GR95+ (in 4-man party), lag ain't there in low GR just in high-ends GR. Huge Clusters of Mobs = Insta lag, freeze, regardless of the PC you use. Since it's a server issue and not a Client issue which was even acknowledged by blizzard last season.

Sadly must peoples that never reach near endgame farming come here and tell peoples things like "What are you smoking?" while being the ones that are clueless in the first place...sad indeed.

Can't wait to see more peoples come here and claim they have no issues whatsoever without even having reached the levels where those said issue appear.
02/17/2016 10:00 PMPosted by kouhei
Seems you guys never did GR 80+ let alone GR95+ (in 4-man party), lag ain't there in low GR just in high-ends GR. Huge Clusters of Mobs = Insta lag, freeze, regardless of the PC you use. Since it's a server issue and not a Client issue which was even acknowledged by blizzard last season.

Sadly must peoples that never reach near endgame farming come here and tell peoples things like "What are you smoking?" while being the ones that are clueless in the first place...sad indeed.

Can't wait to see more peoples come here and claim they have no issues whatsoever without even having reached the levels where those said issue appear.

high gr's may have issues with the huge density but op complained about area dmg which sadly dont have anything to do with the issue... the issue is blizzards servers not area dmg.
No issues here. Sounds like a hardware issue. Or you could blame the bots!
02/17/2016 10:15 PMPosted by Gimboo

high gr's may have issues with the huge density but op complained about area dmg which sadly dont have anything to do with the issue... the issue is blizzards servers not area dmg.

But the issue is area dmg b/c it cannot be fixed by getting new servers. Dibs dmg my friend read up on it.
If you think problems are bad now, go ahead and keep asking for more density. Then you won't even need to bother trekking to GR 80+ to see the lag. You'll see it everywhere.
How have you narrowed the problem down to Area Damage?

And if it really was that simple, and the problem so universally severe, wouldn't the most organized and competitive groups already have adjusted by building with other stats?

Finally, whatever the bug is, the fact that it shows up only on grifts that many players never attain, is of course going to be relevant to Blizzard's decisions about what priority the issue receives and what tradeoffs they are willing to make to fix it.

So if it really was just Area Damage (I doubt it), but 99% of players were using AD just fine, and 1% were having trouble only at extreme grifts, I would absolutely understand why Blizzard's first instinct would not be to just turn off AD for everyone.
Unlucky maybe. Game has been so stable for me this season that i felt confident enough to play hardcore again.
I don't think it's area damage affix/stat, but rather the server being congested with the data of hundreds of mobs all taking damage in rapid succession.

I remember doing trials, and in a four group team with all DH sentries spamming Multishot with Rockets flying everywhere, the server started to lag the game into a slideshow because of all the information it was trying to process.

The higher the Grift, the more HP the trash mobs have, and pulling a ton of trash mobs to kill them all in a timely manner, makes the servers crap themselves because they aren't dying as fast as the servers are capable of.
02/17/2016 10:15 PMPosted by Gimboo

The area damage requires a lot of additional calculations which puts stress on the servers.
Area Damage or not causing the issues imo the whole stat is damn boring..