Is there any real reason to play this game?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I know you don't really play it because of the seasonal race thing because everybody is botting. There seems to be a dangeous amount of power creep too with every patch.

Besides the answer "because its fun" what do you all play the game for? Is it really that enjoyable to do the same thing every season but with bigger numbers? Is there really any semblance of gear balance yet? I haven't bothered with this patch yet and I don't feel like reinstalling. I browse the forums every day out of boredom for a few minutes to see how abysmal everything looks. It makes me sad that Blizzard would rather drop 6 billion dollars on purchasing the Candy Crush company but they can't be bothered to staff the diablo 3 team with competent people to create a game that has some form of longevity that lasts for more than a week's time.

The past two patches has just been me getting geared after a week of playing then dropping it because grinding paragon levels is a chore and its boring. Climbing further and greater rifts really has zero appeal to me because ladders are just so...whatever. People are blatantly botting and I stand no chance. Every patch has either been some stupid exploit or bots or a mix of both. I haven't seen anything about an exploit around here this season yet surprisingly but it seems like the botting situation is more out of control than ever.
Sounds like you came here to argue.
I just want to know what it is that keeps people coming back really.
No real reasons to play this game aswell as any other game
-Asks why people play the game
-Says he will dismiss answers amounting to "because it's fun"

LOLWAT

You're mistaken if you think the majority of players have a different reason for playing it. If you don't enjoy it, don't play it. Impotently whining about how it isn't the game you wanted isn't going to change anything aside from your post count on a forum of a game you apparently don't enjoy.
To kill the time.

The genre of D3 is like something... "advanced minesweeper"... evetho you need to think more and get more joy-rewards in minesweeper, D3 have much better graphic and combat style :D
I enjoy killing demons. I enjoy killing demons with friends. As soon as I stop enjoying killing demons, I will stop playing.
Why do people play chess?

Why do people play tetris?

If you can find answers to these questions other than 'because its fun' let me know, and I will come back. Until then, I play D3 ...

... Because I enjoy it.
"Gotta collect 'em all, Diablo'Mon!"
"Because it's fun" Not ashamed to admit I enjoy playing Flavor of the Month builds.
I think people get the words "fun" and "enjoyment" mixed up. You aren't going to sit there and say you're having fun when you're staring at your computer screen blankly for hours doing repetitive tasks. One does not eat food and say "this is fun" when they mean "I enjoy this." It's like taking a nice walk. You do it because you enjoy it. Not because it's fun. Lol if people thought walking was fun then America would be less fat and there would be "walking" clubs.
We did the same thing in D2 for over a decade.
I played to complete the season journey. I liked the challenge, and the rewards are nice to have. (portrait, pet, extra stash). I just completed everything in this season's journey so I'm done. Seeya in the next season. That's all I want to prove to myself. I don't really care about leaderboard placement these days.
Got all 6 classes to their best gear on the PS4 version, and enjoyed every step of it. Ran into a hacker who broke my profile with 50000 paragon levels from smacking a zombie.

Moved to PC and have to repeat the whole process again. And will enjoy it again simply because I like killing demons. Its a great time waster for when i'm bored.
IMO no, i really can not think of anything for me to log in and play, not even boredom.....

I played ALOT of games but this is the world first game with zero rewards or skill requirements it is just pure luck which equals pure frustration (D2,D1 and POE are 10x times better then this because all 3 know rewards)

Time is limited and wasting it on a big black bottomless pit like D3 is not how i wanna spent mine.
The reason I play is I find it fun to come in and destroy monsters. I got bored with WoW since I do not raid. So I switched over to Diablo. When I get bored with Diablo I will either go back to WoW or play StarCraft. Or if I don't want to do either of the above I will start tackling my library of books on my kindle.

I enjoy the game. If a game isn't enjoyable I wouldn't play. Simple as that.
02/12/2016 02:38 AMPosted by GuardYoGrill
I think people get the words "fun" and "enjoyment" mixed up. You aren't going to sit there and say you're having fun when you're staring at your computer screen blankly for hours doing repetitive tasks. One does not eat food and say "this is fun" when they mean "I enjoy this." It's like taking a nice walk. You do it because you enjoy it. Not because it's fun. Lol if people thought walking was fun then America would be less fat and there would be "walking" clubs.

Perhaps true to you, but not true to others. Try to break out of your subjective bubble and realize that your reality isn't everybody's reality.

I don't like playing tennis. Some people love playing tennis. Just because I don't like it, nor understand the fun behind it, doesn't mean it's not fun.

Open Mindedness 101...
I play because I actually enjoy grinding out paragon levels.
I play seasons for me, I don't care about some leader board. I like the fresh start and trying the new builds. I play fun, when it stops being fun I play something else.
02/12/2016 02:38 AMPosted by GuardYoGrill

Like I said in my initial response, you want to argue.
People that don't conform to your way of thinking, somehow
must be wrong.
You don't have to get it, but different strokes for different folks.