I really do not enjoy taeguk

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
Playing bowling Wizard and I often lose the stacks too, even with 60% increased CDR and In-Geom to use Explosive Blast. That's why I'm sticking with BotP or WoL instead for TX and Grift < 60. An easy fix would be Taeguk losing 10 stacks per second instead of all charges at once.
I hate it too, just gonna bother with it for higher grift pushes which i might not even do beyond 70 this season since my class is broken. Otherwise, stuff like Wreath of Lightning seem more efficient and less tiring to use for lower levels.
The only thing they need to fix about it is dropping stacks while changing floors.
My taeguk is gone, along with my whirlwind barb.
I wish I could just not use it but if I want to push the higher GR's on DH(which is the only class i play) than I haft to use it. and have had to use it for too many seasons.
02/10/2016 06:59 PMPosted by RedCell
People derive enjoyment from different aspects of gameplay. I don't want take what you find fun out of the game. Why do you want to take my fun away? In my eyes, Taeguk is a diamond amidst lumps of coal.

Sure, losing 90 stacks hurts, but that just makes going through a whole GR without losing them that much sweeter.

Changing Taeguk wouldn't take your fun away at all. Even if Taeguk were changed to count down instead of fully expire, you could still play the same exact way you are now. It wouldn't take away any fun.

Why shouldn't other people, who think the micro-management is silly and superflous, be able to have fun too? Why should only you have fun, because only you enjoy your playstyle being arbitrarily limited by one legendary gem?
02/10/2016 05:28 PMPosted by Nesa
02/10/2016 04:26 PMPosted by squarcle
Two problems with Taeguk:

1. Loading a new zone can cause loss of stacks.
2. Losing 100 stacks is worse than reviving a fallen comrade.

I think it should count down instead of dropping off completely.

This. It should just ramp down and it would be a non-issue. It is not even a really good gem these days anyway since it lumps damage in the DIBS category and that is so heavily stacked now. It was always of dubious defensive value to the INT classes because it stacks armor instead of AR. So the PITA associated with what was obviously supposed to be a 'channeling' gem is not even really worth the hassle anymore when there are better options for our 3 leg gem slots.

I think they should turn taeguk into a dedicated channeling gem (like mantle of channeling) and rework some other gem into a 3rd option for DH. Now that you mention it it does seem to want to be a channeling gem that just happened to be a whole lot more useful (and annoying) in its final state.
02/10/2016 02:50 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
It also sucks the gem doesn't work with attack speed boosts past your current IAS. For example, Yang's Recurve's MS speed boost and speed pylons are completely unaccounted for with this gem, which makes losing your stacks all that much more irritating. It takes over a minute to build up all those stacks back, which is extremely frustrating when it happens due to factors out of your control.

This is the definition of a bug.
The gem says "every time you waste resource"... Even with the increased IAS from legendary powers it still waste resource every time we shoot.
FIX IT BLIZZARD, THOSE ATACKS SHOULDN'T WASTE RESOURCE SINCE THE GEM DOESN'T DETECTS IT ¬¬

OMG thats why it was building stacks so slowly on my hammerdin, holy damm, stupid gem, stupid mechanic, stupid design.
02/10/2016 08:17 PMPosted by emtwo
Why shouldn't other people, who think the micro-management is silly and superflous, be able to have fun too? Why should only you have fun, because only you enjoy your playstyle being arbitrarily limited by one legendary gem?

You are being generic, he doesn't say he dislike micro management, just that the gem is stupid about the dropping effects.
He is right since the gem was made with rank 40~50 tops in mind; now that it normally has 70+ and the way it works have not been updated, the sillyness and unbalanced aspects start to account into play.
02/10/2016 12:58 PMPosted by Kilika
I'm not sure i'm the only one but i'm kind of tired of being pidgeon holed into using this really annoying gem. I pretty much just worry about not losing my stacks for the entire GR instead of paying attention to what im killing. Is it game breaking? no just really annoying losing 84 stacks which takes almost a full minute to restack is super depressing. Now I think what a good option for this would be if you miss the timer that you lose half your stacks and continues to half until under ten which than it drops entirely. But honestly I think the game is in a pretty good state vs when it was first released and am happy with how well its turning out. Sure there are issues but I still enjoy playing.

Taeguk feels too necessary for a number of builds that it doesn’t fit well into. Every gem should have a specific use. Zei’s Stone of Vengeance is an example of a gem we think works well: it’s used by people who want a ranged playstyle, and it’s not used by people who fight close. Taeguk was intended to be a gem that was great for players who used movement-based channeled skills like Strafe or Whirlwind. It feels bad shooting Multishot into thin air to keep Taeguk stacks up, and we want to look at some changes that would give players other options. We want to avoid changes to Taeguk that would further cement Taeguk as a gem that is strong regardless of playstyle. We’re still working out the best way to address this, but if we change Taeguk to adjust it more for channeled skills then we would certainly provide other comparable alternatives, probably in the form of buffs to some other legendary gems.
Good call Wyatt.
Welcome back Wyatt!
02/18/2016 06:13 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
I'm not sure i'm the only one but i'm kind of tired of being pidgeon holed into using this really annoying gem. I pretty much just worry about not losing my stacks for the entire GR instead of paying attention to what im killing. Is it game breaking? no just really annoying losing 84 stacks which takes almost a full minute to restack is super depressing. Now I think what a good option for this would be if you miss the timer that you lose half your stacks and continues to half until under ten which than it drops entirely. But honestly I think the game is in a pretty good state vs when it was first released and am happy with how well its turning out. Sure there are issues but I still enjoy playing.

Taeguk feels too necessary for a number of builds that it doesn’t fit well into. Every gem should have a specific use. Zei’s Stone of Vengeance is an example of a gem we think works well: it’s used by people who want a ranged playstyle, and it’s not used by people who fight close. Taeguk was intended to be a gem that was great for players who used movement-based channeled skills like Strafe or Whirlwind. It feels bad shooting Multishot into thin air to keep Taeguk stacks up, and we want to look at some changes that would give players other options. We want to avoid changes to Taeguk that would further cement Taeguk as a gem that is strong regardless of playstyle. We’re still working out the best way to address this, but if we change Taeguk to adjust it more for channeled skills then we would certainly provide other comparable alternatives, probably in the form of buffs to some other legendary gems.

Perhaps if you channel a skill for X seconds then you get a Y second buff for channeling skills (To avoid getting a stack of something and then using ex: 5 seconds on another skill). Or just a straight buff after channeling a skill for X seconds that lasts for Y seconds. Not sure if that's possible with to monitor/reward a channeled skill.
Inb4 Taeguk duration set to 1 second.

Perhaps it should be reworked this way:
-Stacks deplete over 3 seconds
-It ramps up over 3 seconds (more or less what we have right now with channeling skills)
-It only triggers from "movement" skills
I enjoy the gem on my Strafers. I hate it on everything else. Used it in HC (Charkram?Sentry build) purely because of the defensive boost, but it bugged me having to stop and fire Chakrams to keep it up in dead zones with no enemies, instead of just sprinting/vaulting through to the next clump. I refuse to use it on my SC Marauder, even though everyone else seems to.

I will personally bake you a cake and fly it to your home myself if you buff mirinae.

Unfortunately, Taeguk is unique in its offensive/defensive effectiveness, so you're going to need an entirely new gem to replace it.

Looking forward to seeing this new gem, too. ;P
Sounds like the 10 items lightning talk should apply to taeguk
https://youtu.be/xPD5wT1SItM?t=547

Button presses should be intentional and meaningful.