Does the legendary reroll not work?

General Discussion
Yes yes it does infact work... I made my LON Sader's Doombringer with it just 2 days ago! Its pretty sexy, u should check it out @ http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/LiLmEgZ-1525/hero/73346117
02/12/2016 07:24 AMPosted by Avendalia
02/12/2016 07:07 AMPosted by Phosphono
Ugh...people don't understand probability. Just because you are told it's a 10% sucess rate doesn't mean you will always roll an ancient one out of 10 times. RNG is exactly that. You can go your whole gaming career without getting an ancient.

That's why you see all these weasle words on TV about "results may vary." Its a probability, not a guarantee.

That has nothing to do with the nature of probability tho. RNG is programmed, it's not ''chance''. However often 10% chance does add up to 1 in 10 depends entirely on the way RNG is calculated.

02/12/2016 07:07 AMPosted by Phosphono
You can go your whole gaming career without getting an ancient.

No you cannot. Even blizzards RNG calculations still has failsafes in place that prevent this from happening. (made up example: 1 in 50 legendaries -must- be ancient)

If you're saying RNG (RANDOM number generator) is programmed with failsafes, then its not random, is it? Maybe we should stop calling it that.
I actually think the process is fair. This whole 'gambling' for an ancient via Kanai's Cube i totally new, before you were required to have one 'drop' in the game. Ancient's are supposed to be 'epic' and hard to get. Not easy.
02/12/2016 07:45 AMPosted by Phosphono
f you're saying RNG (RANDOM number generator) is programmed with failsafes, then its not random, is it? Maybe we should stop calling it that.

Im all for calling it RNG (Retarded Numbers Generator). Joking aside, I agree. ''Its (too) random'' is used as an argument for and against RNG too often, as that makes people forget its all algorythms.
...which means that it could be designed to be... less random.

02/12/2016 08:15 AMPosted by Ghostpos
Ancient's are supposed to be 'epic' and hard to get. Not easy.

Now if only that's where it ended. But didnt you know? Ancients also need to have good and high stats rolls on it. (especially considering LoN and Caldessan's Ancient requirement)
To the original poster:

I gave up on bounties to reroll legendaries into ancients.

I've got ancients faster by simply farming grift and doing normal TX rifts. My entire LoN Crusader was from normal farming TX and grifts. Upgrading rares into legendaries is also good, since you get many more chances that way as well. It will also give you blood shards that you can gamble at Kadala.
Just means that other people have much better luck and got it within a few tries. They won't be complaining.

The game is surprisingly effective at maintaining the 10% chance across the entire server
Finally reforge ancient blade of tribes after feeding DBs and reforging.

Worst rolls I could have ever asked for, might as well have salvaged it.
Well it's a 10% chance to reroll it as ancient. I got lucky and rolled ancient the 2nd time on my twisted sword.. Too bad it didn't get the right rolls though (had a soc, LoH, and vit)
Both my Unstable Scepter and Wand of Woh become ancient on first try re-rolls. Very lucky here.
02/11/2016 09:38 PMPosted by tanthil
5500 forgotten souls at plvl 600 is impressive, as is defying all odds and not getting a single ancient in 110 rolls

Cause if rolling ancient is against all odds its a chance I have to take.