A solution to bots

General Discussion
It would seem that blizzard doesn't want to ban botters, at least not all of them. So if this is the case why not flag them on the leader boards with a icon indicating they have been botting. This shame alone should discourage a lot of people.
No it wouldn't.

And if they don't care enough to stop people violating their own tos, they're not going to care enough to stick flags on the leaderboard.
or cap paragon at 1000. would remove the point of botting in most cases.

i embrace the downvotes.
As someone who will never appear on any leaderboard, bots or not, I do think it would be funny if "ranked" rift runs did not register if it included a character from a flagged account.
A bad idea. It'd be interesting to see who is botting, though. But it'd hurt the game even more when more people realize how widespread that epidemic already is.
02/12/2016 06:14 AMPosted by Strider
It would seem that blizzard doesn't want to ban botters, at least not all of them. So if this is the case why not flag them on the leader boards with a icon indicating they have been botting. This shame alone should discourage a lot of people.

Shame ? Really ? You think people have shame when they bot ?

Your solution is terrible and is not even a solution as it would solve nothing.
Let me break this down for you.

a) WIll never happen as Blizz is anti-witch-hunt more than anti-cheating

b) Elite players dont bot to beat you and your paragon 800 toons. They bot to beat each other. 99% of bot QQ comes from people who would not even get near the top 100 even if Blizz did ban waves every day. Take the bots away, guess what. They are still elite players grinding 12-14 hrs a day. To them being a botter isnt even a mark of shame, its just part of the deal like eating, drinking and breathing. So if you flag them, they wont care, because they know already, and because whats going on below Rank 100 isnt even part of their universe.
It's null simply due to the "No naming/shaming" rule that trumps all else.
02/12/2016 06:19 AMPosted by crisco
As someone who will never appear on any leaderboard, bots or not, I do think it would be funny if "ranked" rift runs did not register if it included a character from a flagged account.

You might appear on the leaderboard if half the people that are currently on it are removed for botting. Paragon 900+ and the season just started a month ago, you play enough to rank if the boards were cleaned up.
lol good yes do this. very good idle. I would love to see this in game.

so all 1000 at the top would say botter lol!!!