ban wave started on chinese server

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
http://bbs.d3.blizzard.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=676033&extra=page%3D1

expecting something similar on US server soon, with temp ban to perma depend on ur action
The fact the Chinese were able to tackle Stash space issues with cosmically advanced technology long before their version even launched; it only stands to reason that their NSA grade monitoring software would be able to detect what has mystified Blizzard for years.

Just sayin'.
chinese servers are not operated by blizzard. just because there are bans in china does not mean there will be bans in eu and us. dont get me wrong i hope they do ban botts and thud'ers on eu and us, i despise cheating.
Cheating wouldn't be a big deal... if we had I dunno... offline play.
02/19/2016 07:59 AMPosted by IMCL85
expecting something similar on US server soon, with temp ban to perma depend on ur action

Don't expect anything. Instead, wait until something actually happens.
02/19/2016 08:24 AMPosted by lv426
chinese servers are not operated by blizzard. just because there are bans in china does not mean there will be bans in eu and us. dont get me wrong i hope they do ban botts and thud'ers on eu and us, i despise cheating.

ah I wouldn't worry too much about that, consider blizzard been loading up warden for the past 2 weeks and an update as well yesterday. this sh!t will hit every one
02/19/2016 08:40 AMPosted by IMCL85
02/19/2016 08:24 AMPosted by lv426

ah I wouldn't worry too much about that, consider blizzard been loading up warden for the past 2 weeks and an update as well yesterday. this sh!t will hit every one

fingers crossed and popcorn ready :)
China also doesn't have the privacy laws that have obstructed Blizzard from acting swiftly in other regions.
02/19/2016 08:32 AMPosted by Halcyon
Cheating wouldn't be a big deal... if we had I dunno... offline play.

Its not a big deal already, because there is no reward for topping leader boards.

People need to get over it. Worrying your life away about this on D3 is sad.

I want blizzard to focus on new content.
02/19/2016 09:43 AMPosted by HunterXY

lol, do some research, blizz is big enough company have many departments

bots handle by blizzard hack team

content is design by developer, they dont interfere with each other

stop posting this
First the Chinese don't have to rebuy the game they got it for free and just have to rebuy the content they lost, so the loss to them isn't much plus the D3 community in China is probably at least 5x-10x larger than the USA since the game is free.

Second people are getting there hopes up was to soon. We've seen ban waves in other games like wow and it didn't happen in Diablo 3. Since blizzard doesn't host the Chinese server and another company does its basically no different than it being a different game. A banwave on the us server would wipe out most of the d3 community it won't happen no matter how much we want it to.

If blizzard truly wanted to ban people they would have acted long before the Chinese company did, the fact that blizzard hasn't acted or told us anything says that it's not happening anytime soon.
02/19/2016 09:43 AMPosted by HunterXY

Same, I play D3 for the solo experience or with some coop with friends. I don't care about leaderboards, as I have been competitive in SC, WoW and SC2 for a long time. Now I have a job and all I care about is my own challenges and my own fun. So long as the bots don't disrupt my gameplay I couldn't care less.

However, since botting does lag the servers to some extent, I'm still in favor of banwaves on them.
02/19/2016 07:59 AMPosted by IMCL85
http://bbs.d3.blizzard.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=676033&extra=page%3D1

this is difficult to say really. The chinese version of the game allows players to purchase many things still as DLC. Due to the profit losses of the DLC sites from people being able to run bots instead of purchase could arguably been a motive for Blizz's actions. To further the argument, privacy laws are much different in China. This may have also played a role in blizzard being able to detect 3rd party software on peoples pc's without having to worry about being counter sued, or having the case dismissed on how they obtained the evidence. If you remember, Blizz was counter-sued, and lost the case due to violating privacy laws in the EU.
I'm ok with ban wave but are you ok that blizzard can scan your private computer and all its activity and programs that are running?
02/19/2016 10:16 AMPosted by Jumpman
First the Chinese don't have to rebuy the game they got it for free and just have to rebuy the content they lost, so the loss to them isn't much plus the D3 community in China is probably at least 5x-10x larger than the USA since the game is free.

[/quote]

The free version have limitation, basically it's the non ros version, you have to buy the premium pack to unlock all ROS content (adventure mode, grift etc.).
Can anyone actually read what that link said or is everything just assuming since he is talking about bans that link relates to bottings.

Someone posted that link in another thread and someone there said it didn't say anything about botting in there.
02/19/2016 11:58 PMPosted by MRQuickiE
I'm ok with ban wave but are you ok that blizzard can scan your private computer and all its activity and programs that are running?

I dont care if blizzard is scanning what p0rn i watch

as long as they ban botters
02/19/2016 11:58 PMPosted by MRQuickiE

I'm not ok with scanning at all. And before you say I gave my permission, no, in my country I'm not in a legally binding contract with Blizzard that allows them to scan anything.
If your p r 0 n does not interact with d3 client, it wont be scanned. whatch whaterver you want that dont interact.