Goodbye LoN...

Witch Doctor
... and it was fun for a while to not depend on class set.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48667-new-ptr-patch-datamined-march-2nd

Helltooth Harness:
4 pieces: After applying Necrosis to an enemy, you take 60% (up from 50%) reduced damage for 10 seconds..
6 pieces: After casting Wall of Death, gain 1400% (up from 900%) increased damage for 15 seconds to your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, and Wall of Death.

Zunimassa's Haunt
4 pieces: You and your pets take 3% (up from 2%) less damage for every Fetish you have alive.
6 pieces: Enemies hit by your Mana spenders take 1500% (up from 800%) increased damage from your pets for 8 (up from 4) seconds.
Will Zuni be viable again with these changes? It will still be squishy as hell.
I can't believe Blizzard still intends to ride that clunky Zuni mechanic into the ground. Just admit it's terrible, redesign it, and MOVE ON.
03/03/2016 05:55 AMPosted by twinsbuster
Will Zuni be viable again with these changes? It will still be squishy as hell.

If things goes live like in current datamined info, Zuni will probably find its place in 4 man party. With making its damage almost 2x higher, Zuni will be able to do huge DPS against certain targets (RG, pack of mobs pulled together, etc).

edit - was thinking of carn zuni.
.. and Helltooth 1400% + CoE/Compass/New SoJ/F&R combos will outmatch poor old LoN easily.
Unless LoN is also getting an update of course :)
That's why I never augumented my gear. And I probably never will.
I think Zuni is still squishy though , and gargs and fetishes get all tangled up with each other .

Maybe Zuni carn but ue and marauder are getting big buffs too
@Aspirine LoN is very hard to balance, imho. If they buff it, it could become stronger then lots of sets, and devs clearly said it's not their intentions to go that way with LoN.

@AndreLinoge then what are you going to do with your gems? :) I think all my games are high already. If I do, for example, speed 65s, I dont have gems to spend upgrade points to, so I have to spend upgraded gems :)
Augument your gear, farm faster/higher for two or three months when new patch changes hits, then repeat :)

- About Zuni, I was thinking at Carn Zuni in post above.
I don't think the change will strictly kick LoN out of the meta. It will bring the sets closer to what LoN can do though.

If you're thinking just about potential damage you're doing it wrong. The damage is there for WD, but completing the higher grifts is all about damage reduction which LoN has plenty of and the sets severely lack at the moment.

The change to the sets just allows them to cube some damage decreasing item (like unity) and still be able to do the same damage they were doing before.

Not saying sets wont be the go-to next season, but it'll be closer than you think.
What about Jade?.... Oh.... yeah... right.
03/03/2016 08:16 AMPosted by Thade
I don't think the change will strictly kick LoN out of the meta. It will bring the sets closer to what LoN can do though.

If you're thinking just about potential damage you're doing it wrong.

I know LoN is about utility/survivability, but then again, with current numbers, HT + Endless walk for example will make damage two times higher then LoN. Hard to go against that.
I'm sure the changes mentioned in OP have about as much chance of going live in 2.5 as the old 800% per ancient LoN did...

Arachyr and Jade both need buffing way more that Helltooth.
What someone said about the wheel of the mouse just getting bigger, i feel like plumbered into the a-hole..

in case this info is correct.

its like keeping monkeys entertained with these patches.. "U SAY MORE NUMBERS ?????"
This story teaches you never augment gears other than class sets unless you have tons of high level gems.
When will this new patch take effect?
P41_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_003: Sacrifice deals {c_blue}[{VALUE1}*100]% additional damage against enemies affected by Locust Swarm or Grasp of the Dead.

P41_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_005: Firebats deals {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]% increased damage to enemies affected by Locust Swarm or Piranhas.

Two more legs (probably not rings) that will make two skills do more DPS. BUT, if they are intended for 6p sets, we simply may not have room for them.

Arachyr, HT, and Zuni still suffer from !@#$ damage reduction compared to LoN. Solo may still be dominated by LoN.

Team play however...
03/03/2016 11:44 AMPosted by Andrew
When will this new patch take effect?

Next season.
Is this part of 2.41 or 2.5 then?
Good....glad I never.started.the eternal farm for LoN gear.....never mind that fact I scrapped all my ring about 2 months before the patch because "well I'm never gonna use this set".

But yeah sucks for those with augmented stuff

Now they just need to give some love to jade and take the Zuni ring and change it to shoulders