#MakeAkkhanGreatAgain

Crusader
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
I really support this cause!!!

The holy Champion is back!!

My suggestion:

2P: Whenever you hit an enemy using holy damage, you increase AC duration in 1s and reduces its CD in 1s. (could be for wrath spent but it would be an IK copy)

4P: AC gains the effect of embodyment of power and prophet runes with 150% increased power

6P: Increase the damage of your holy skills in 600% and 50% ias wihle AC is active (could be a spender buff, specific skills or just a flat damage)

OBS: I think the 2P bonus should be Split in CD reducing and adding duration to avoid the free ressurrection every 20s (but it must be enough to perma AC)

OBS 2:Akkhan's Addendum could buff a skill like FotH
03/08/2016 03:15 PMPosted by Monstrous
Barbarians using Immortal King's use Wrath per Fury Spent to heal. The set itself provides them with ample Fury generation and they avoid using RCR on gear to maximize their healing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/fury-of-the-vanished-peak

this item is sooo good with ik or "mote"... not...

03/08/2016 03:15 PMPosted by Monstrous
Lacking in terms of damage mitigation and recovery (healing)
Cooldown Reduction requirement is too high even combined with the 4pc bonus.
Damage in comparison to other sets is low.
Other than letting us spam resource spenders it doesn't change our playstyle

maybe also rework the runes cuz who uses something besides embodiment or prophet?

-firestarter: add 10% increased dmg from all sources to ignited enemies
-rally: change to reduce the cooldown of all abilities by 12%
-hasteful: add 15% chance on hit to heal for 1% of your total life

another item that unlocks firestarter + hasteful rune would be nice...

2 set: add 1h + 2h effects regardless of champion

4 set: add reduced dmg % equal to your shields block chance regardless of champion

6 set: add double the effect of each rune

(no not double second life... 300% armor + 30% chance to heal for 2% + 24% cdr + 20% increased dmg from all sources and 920% to ignited enemies + 15 wrath regeneration)
Given that so many sets nearly doubled their main source of damage, I have no problem with the 6 piece Akkhans going up to at least 750%, probably needs to be higher, but at least 750.

4 piece needs to be bumped to 60 CDR for AC AND 60% DR while in AC. Possibly higher CDR for AC. The amount of CDR Crusaders have to stack for permanent AC is flat out nuts.

I'm not sure what to do with the 2 piece, personally I just feel it's boring but I also don't want it to support any other particular spell besides AC as I like the general "all around supporter" vibe that Akkhan gives, much like LoN supports anything that has a few supporting legendaries.
There's a lot of fantastic discussion and ideas in here, and I want folks to know that it's being passed on! Aside from being a fan of Akkhan's myself, there's always room for improvement.

That being said, we may not make changes to Akkhan's in the immediate future. There are a lot of other changes we're focused on making in 2.4.1 (especially to Legendary Gems, Set Dungeons, and Game Performance), and we really want to take a long look at Akkhan's before we make any final decisions. That doesn't mean the discussion should stop, but I do want folks to have some context for expectations with this feedback.
03/11/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Nevalistis
I do want folks to have some context for expectations with this feedback.

Man, that honesty is just brutal, but no less appreciated.

Is there any hope for getting other changes added to the PTR patch? Is this the best forum to suggest changes that might appear in the next PTR?

I feel like suggesting changes in the Items or General forum might as well be shouting in the wind. :/
03/11/2016 10:04 AMPosted by Razorphilia
Is there any hope for getting other changes added to the PTR patch? Is this the best forum to suggest changes that might appear in the next PTR?

I feel like suggesting changes in the Items or General forum might as well be shouting in the wind. :/

We're always reading the forums (as well as other fan sites, like Reddit or Diablofans, for example) for suggestions and feedback, regardless of where we're at in development. Just bear in mind that during a PTR, we usually have a particular focus!

Many of the changes we have coming in 2.4.1 came from feedback not only from the previous PTR, but that we collected throughout and after the release of patch 2.4.0. While we don't always reply to such feedback, it is being read and passed along on a regular basis.
03/11/2016 08:47 AMPosted by BattleTag
4 piece needs to be bumped to 60 CDR for AC AND 60% DR while in AC. Possibly higher CDR for AC. The amount of CDR Crusaders have to stack for permanent AC is flat out nuts.

The 4p giving plain old +60% CDR would actually do wonders for addressing many of the set's shortcomings, since it would allow dramatically higher uptime (akin to Rolands) on more defensive/utility skills. And if the idea is to keep the changes 'simple,' that would be a pretty simple change.
There's a lot of fantastic discussion and ideas in here, and I want folks to know that it's being passed on! Aside from being a fan of Akkhan's myself, there's always room for improvement.

That being said, we may not make changes to Akkhan's in the immediate future. There are a lot of other changes we're focused on making in 2.4.1 (especially to [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742604809"]Legendary Gems[/url], [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742704819"]Set Dungeons[/url], and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742614845"]Game Performance[/url]), and we really want to take a long look at Akkhan's before we make any final decisions. That doesn't mean the discussion should stop, but I do want folks to have some context for expectations with this feedback.

If anything just throw a damage modifier on it for now.

That being said, we may not make changes to Akkhan's in the immediate future. There are a lot of other changes we're focused on making in 2.4.1 (especially to [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742604809"]Legendary Gems[/url], [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742704819"]Set Dungeons[/url], and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742614845"]Game Performance[/url]), and we really want to take a long look at Akkhan's before we make any final decisions. That doesn't mean the discussion should stop, but I do want folks to have some context for expectations with this feedback.

In regards to the other stuff, I'm working up a Crit Build for Sader that multi-tasks into globe support, and have said character copied to the PTR using one of the gems that IIRC was requested for testing (Gem of Efficacious Toxin)

That said, is there anything in particular you're looking for in terms of this "Long look at Akkhan's?" Because I believe I might be able to speak for the community in that we'd be absolutely happy to help in whatever ways we might be able to.

The team could give Akkhan a quick bump like 450->750% & CDR 60%, a 50%Damage reduction, before a major change in future.

Most of us will be fine with this for now.

The reality is, when people what to try builds like condemn or shotgun, but there is no viable build, they may just give up, & many that give up, never come back.

Considering that the Akkhan is one of the most talk about set that people wanted to see improvement, from this sites to youtube & etc, & many fans are very disappointment lack of attention this set is getting.
Awesome ... Blue`s recognition ... that`s what is was waiting for.
03/11/2016 10:31 AMPosted by Nevalistis
03/11/2016 10:04 AMPosted by Razorphilia

We're always reading the forums (as well as other fan sites, like Reddit or Diablofans, for example) for suggestions and feedback, regardless of where we're at in development. Just bear in mind that during a PTR, we usually have a particular focus!

Many of the changes we have coming in 2.4.1 came from feedback not only from the previous PTR, but that we collected throughout and after the release of patch 2.4.0. While we don't always reply to such feedback, it is being read and passed along on a regular basis.

We were crying for more on the Akkhan Set last patch.
That being said, we may not make changes to Akkhan's in the immediate future. There are a lot of other changes we're focused on making in 2.4.1 (especially to Legendary Gems, Set Dungeons, and Game Performance), and we really want to take a long look at Akkhan's before we make any final decisions. That doesn't mean the discussion should stop, but I do want folks to have some context for expectations with this feedback.

I don't think we'll ever really see a patch with true parity among the 24 sets, but it is appreciated that this is still on the radar.

As for my gripe with the set, it's just so reliant on CDR just for it to even begin to function. If no other changes were to be made in the immediate future, at least making the set more CDR friendly would be a great start.

Simply buffing the reduction of AC to 75% would go a long way. It would de-emphasize CDR but not make it quite as mandatory.

If anything, that small change shouldn't have that large of an impact on the performance of the set, but it would at least make it less of a commitment to gear for and hopefully allow someone who finds the set while clicking their way up to TX+ a chance to play with it before they replace it with something else.
We're always reading the forums (as well as other fan sites, like Reddit or Diablofans, for example) for suggestions and feedback

While we don't always reply to such feedback, it is being read and passed along on a regular basis.

Still 3 weeks for April Fool's Day... you should have saved these lines for it...
we really want to take a long look at Akkhan's before we make any final decisions.

While we don't always reply to such feedback, it is being read and passed along on a regular basis.

The problems with Akkhan have been identified long before it received its damage upgrade in patch 2.4.

The problems with 2.4 Akkhan were identified DURING PTR 2.4 yet it seemed that no one at Blizzard took a long look at it.

If the feedback had been passed on, how come the problems still persist as it was in PTR 2.4?

If the feedback had been passed on, why is it you have to justify why you need more time to fix up Akhhan, even though you had plenty of opportunities to do so?

It just doesn't make any sense.
2pc - Reduce Akarat's Champion cooldown by 1 second for every down vote this post gets

4pc - While Akarat's Champion is active, gain 10% damage and 1% damage reduction everytime someone quotes a Blue post

6pc - 500 strength
03/11/2016 06:28 PMPosted by Ravashak
2pc - Reduce Akarat's Champion cooldown by 1 second for every down vote this post gets

4pc - While Akarat's Champion is active, gain 10% damage and 1% damage reduction everytime someone quotes a Blue post

6pc - 500 strength

lmao, you got my downvote bro, just to fix akkhan
@BlizzardSenpai

You noticed my hippie groaning about wings.

Now make the trading system viable again.