Shield Bash PTR info

Crusader
Jako

This good news for you guys? Or does it mean Sader moves from crap to slightly less crap?

Original info on data mine here: http://www.diablofans.com/news/48667-new-ptr-patch-datamined-march-2nd

Roland's Legacy
4 pieces: Increase the damage of Shield Bash and Sweep Attack by 750% (up from 600%).
6 pieces: Every use of Shield Bash or Sweep Attack that hits an enemy grants 50% increased Attack Speed and 10% damage reduction for 8 seconds (up from 5).

X1_Crusader_ShieldBash2_2: Shield Bash
X1_Crusader_ShieldBash2_2_desc: Your next Shield Glare will deal increased damage.

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_900_x1 Every use of Shield Bash or Sweep Attack that hits an enemy grants [VALUE]% increased Attack Speed and 10% damage reduction for 8 (up from 5) seconds.This effect stacks up to 5 times.

P41_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_006: Your Shield Glare deals damage equal to up to your last {VALUE1} Shield Bash casts.

P4_Unique_Flail_2H_002 Shield Bash Flail
woohooo sounds nice. I'm a big fan of Shield Bash and will play the crap out of Rolands if they make it viable.

I like the "Your SG deals damage equal to your last SB" line. That's not only a damage boost, it's really some new effect.
I cannot say anything about the numbers right now, but they sound decent.

The main problem with SB right now (imho) are the runes. I hope we will get something that is useful for clearing out large masses quickly. Otherwise SB might only become a niche build that can do well but requires exceptional gameplay to do so (similar to S6 for DH right now, that can go into the low 80's but only a few people use it). I hope that's not what's going to happen.
I wonder how that will exactly work. Will it had every damage done ? Or just take the highest ?
In any case, it's a great change that FINALLY gives shield bash a bit of much needed AOE damage. It still won't be competitive with Sweep attack though.
Shield Glare affix might be borderline broken.

Why?
It's basically a snapshot.

○ Step 0: Stack CDR (+60%), possibly run Zodiac (with SA)
○ Step 1: Fish for a Power Pylon
○ Step 2: Activate it along with all other buffs
○ Step 3: Stack Roland's
○ Step 3.1: Fish for a CoE rotation
○ Step 3.1.1: Fish for {VALUE1} consecutive SB crits.
○ Step 4: Never cast SB again: reset Shield Glare through Zodiac or wait for the rotation.

I considered the possibility that it wouldn't snapshot the damage and, instead, use something like {VALUE1} * SB % as weapon damage but that would be useless. Shield Glare's damage isn't buffed by Roland's (or any set).
I'll need to see exactly how the Shield Glare works. Could be promising though. I'm a little worried that SB is basically too little AoE. Adding a random AoE effect every 3 seconds probably won't be enough.

I'd still like to see Punish and Slash trigger the Roland's bonuses though. If nothing else, this would make 6R/I2 an OP in your face melee Zealot, which is more or less how I wanna play Crusader :)
03/02/2016 10:49 PMPosted by CC123
Jako

This good news for you guys?

dint know all crusaders in this forum are just jako...

just send him a message no?

Back to PTR changes even if all the topic says i shield bash...

U ppl need to ask blizz to put thorns from 2 set bonus of invoker out of same category from iron skin also
As I read it, that item will tally the last X shield bash hits and then when you cast shield glare it will deal the combined total to everyone hit. It turns your single target into aoe burst. It also is doubling your single target dmg.

Final Witness might become valuable in this build.
That's good news!

So they are bump up Rolands and Invokers to catch up LON builds.

But i do not understand the number ptr 2.4.1. Will they release this patch before season 5 ends?

The changes in the special gems should affect directly all builds too.
03/03/2016 04:01 AMPosted by Jako
I'll need to see exactly how the Shield Glare works. Could be promising though. I'm a little worried that SB is basically too little AoE. Adding a random AoE effect every 3 seconds probably won't be enough.

I'd still like to see Punish and Slash trigger the Roland's bonuses though. If nothing else, this would make 6R/I2 an OP in your face melee Zealot, which is more or less how I wanna play Crusader :)

What about wrath generation? Cant see anything that leaps out telling me that wrath will be easy to generate for SB. Or have I got my wires crossed with another Sader build?

Cheers
CC123
03/03/2016 04:20 AMPosted by Krishnamur
But i do not understand the number ptr 2.4.1. Will they release this patch before season 5 ends?

Going by the blue post a few days ago they stated something to the effect of "2.4 saw the final set re balance."

Even though this PTR appears to have all the odds and sods of a complete patch, Im thinking that 2.4.1 is the first of lesser patches. So less back end work (reworking skills/code to fix lag, graphics reworks etc) and no more major set reworks like MOTE during 2.4 or IK during 2.2. Just set adjustments like more DPS or damage reduction.

Just a guess though as the amount of information data mined is quite extensive and it still looks like it should be called 2.5 rather than 2.4.1.

Cheers
CC123
You guys seen the buff to other classes!

Do developers think Sader sets are OP already.

Unhollow Esssence get a double boost, IK get a double boost, many sets get at least 40-60% boost & Crusaders......

Akhhan....whats that?
I'll just leave this here then.

Firebird's Finery
6 pieces: Your damage is increased by 40% (up from 25%) for each enemy that is Ignited. Elites that are Ignited increase your damage by 2000% (up from 250%). You can only have one Elite damage bonus active at a time.

&

P4_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_015 Your damage is increased by [{VALUE1}*100]% for each enemy that is Ignited. Elites that are Ignited increase your damage by 5000% (up from 2400%). You can only have one Elite damage bonus active at a time.
Tough as nails (Barb) from 25%Armor +50% thorns->50%arm +100% thorns

Iron Maiden 50% thorns (Already worse then barb passive now)-> No chnage intended! F you sader players!
I can see the broken mechanic from the wordings. You just need to cast shield bash once with all the buff up then never cast it again.

I think the other crusader sets will be reworked. So they are not included in this ptr patch.
03/03/2016 06:49 AMPosted by Kiadaw
Tough as nails (Barb) from 25%Armor +50% thorns->50%arm +100% thorns

Iron Maiden 50% thorns (Already worse then barb passive now)-> No chnage intended! F you sader players!

We're used to it, its why no one plays the class outside things like LON.
I'm pushing for a great Sheld Bash rework. It's the main set I always wanted to exclusively use. The main detractions for me are that
(1) Shield Bash doesn't have a specific crusader weapon while all the other skills do,
(2) Shield Bash interaction with enemies is still clunky and can miss quite easily while casting if they move ever so slightly,
(3) Rune selection is all single target with the most minimal and gimmicky AOE, &
(4) Zero skills you can effectively use to help with aoe/splash damage since most of your skills have to be defensives to stay alive.

It would be great if something like Consecration worked like a Delsare's bubble. Watching those wizards clear solo 80+ grifts while just standing in nearly everything is aggravating to watch when you're wearing a full set of tank armor and getting 1 shot in 60GRs...
I know Judgment debilitate is somewhat like a delsare bubble, but you actually have to hit the mobs with it, it only lasts 6 seconds, and it's a small radius.

Judgment - Penitence and Mass Verdict are never used. The same goes for consecration - aegis purgatory, bathed in light, & fearful. In my mind Falling sword could even be reworked to be useful in regards to aoe (or anything helpful since nobody ever uses falling sword). Part he Clouds, Rapid Descent, & Rise brothers have never been used. Falling Sword wasn't even used with the Seeker set with 99% of the people that played it last season, so that goes to show you how bad it is.

** whoops! I can't read... I see the string for a shield bash weapon now! Very happy! Lets hope the weapon modifies shield bash to splash all mobs within 10-15 yards for a percentage of damage.

I'll probably still end up using Piro Marella for the shield since wrath gets eaten up so quickly, especially with all the added attack speed I'm seeing on the new strings.

X1_Crusader_ShieldBash2_2: Shield Bash
X1_Crusader_ShieldBash2_2_desc: Your next Shield Glare will deal increased damage.
I feel like this string will be added with some bash damage increase as a new rune in place of the counter-intuitive lightning rune.
Agree that Wizard is the best tank class in the game is ridiculous.
If they're smart, there will be a charge type use to the proposed Shield Glare weapon/shield, in that you have to use at least one Bash before every Glare. Thus preventing some kind of Power/CoE snapshot bug.
03/03/2016 04:01 AMPosted by Jako

What about wrath generation? Cant see anything that leaps out telling me that wrath will be easy to generate for SB. Or have I got my wires crossed with another Sader build?

There is a Shield Glare rune that gives Wrath per enemy hit. Almost useless against single target RGs ironically. Maybe that will get a rework though and be a more static, higher amount. Otherwise, we will have to use a Generator very often. Fortunately the attack speed buff does work on any skill after we build it with Bash or Sweep.
Well, from what I can recall playing Shield bash when it was meta, wrath management wasn't too bad of an issue. Sure on single target DPS it was plummeting, but at the same time we wanted to use Shield glare as little as possible to not lose DPS. Now shield glare will be used as much as possible to get more damage, so hopefully it's enough to sustain.

Really, they should just buff Drakon's to like 50% instead of 25%.