Idea to Stop Botting

General Discussion
Ok, so I know there have been a TON of posts about Botting and ways around it but heres an idea (That was probably mentioned before) but here I go anyway...

Since Blizzard is not actively banning bots, they should find a way to discourage the bots in the game by changing two features. Paragon, and Rift Keys.

For Paragon, If we create a soft-cap at lets say P1000, once you hit P1000, you get +1 main stat after P1000. Sure, this is not stopping the bots, but they will have less of an advantage and will highly discourage botting since they are somewhat risking there accounts for very little gain.

For Rift Keys, just remove them.. Rift Keys are a very bot friendly thing to do, if we remove them and require no cost to enter Greater Rifts, then there will be no need to bot all night grinding rifts to push the next day.

Anyway what do you guys thing, Im sure this list can be expanded or improved on.
I give you a plus 1 cause you brought up STOP BOTTING

if everyone post something about STOP BOTTING EVERYDAY ALL DAY and stop complaining about other silly things ATM. they can tackle this issue with priority. 1 thing at a time and they will understand how serious this is affecting peoples perspective of their time invested lol.

when people come together almost anything can happen
You take action by doing it across the board not just one game.

boycott / strike lol

but i understand people wanna play something so they just deal with it...
02/25/2016 08:23 AMPosted by Blitzballer
Sure, people will probably still bot

And this is where i stopped reading.

Your thread title is "Idea to Stop Botting" and you clearly say in your post that people will still bot.
02/25/2016 08:35 AMPosted by NoVaBoT101
You take action by doing it across the board not just one game.

boycott / strike lol

but i understand people wanna play something so they just deal with it...

I'm guilty of that at times... Hopefully they will fix it and put new items in with new stat barrier breaking limits that are just mind blowing hard to find, which gives low level players and even high level players that excitement of you never know what you will find and where it will be... That's what Diablo is suppose to be about... Not do certain things for certain items... Everything should be random.... If you want a certain item to drop from a certain "monster" then have it do it the first time only, but only a regular of that item for extraction purpose if applicable... cause if there's a chance of repetition Players exploit like its cool ... be legit and play the game fairly, cheaters lol

************** edit = added quote
For Paragon, If we create a soft-cap at lets say 1000, once you hit 1000, you get +1 main stat after 1000.

Anyway what do you guys thing, Im sure this list can be expanded or improved on.

You mean no main stat +1 after P1000, dont you?

If so, u r literally performing genocide in the jungle to kill mosquitos

not very wise
They just need to start banning people and be done with it. They shouldn't have to change the design of the game to combat bots. Ban, suspend, delete them all. That alone will stop a majoirty of people from picking it up.
and even for some(items) extraction purposes, some items shouldn't be EZ to drop or find... that's why just random is better no matter what lol

just have that "monster" drop a random legend is sufficient enough on first time encounter... then people complain about too much material or too much that(not good enough lol)...
02/25/2016 08:49 AMPosted by WhatHitYou
They just need to start banning people and be done with it. They shouldn't have to change the design of the game to combat bots. Ban, suspend, delete them all. That alone will stop a majoirty of people from picking it up.
This is the only true solution.
They should ban people but...

Only if they participate in leaderboards.

People who just want to cheat for fun (not to compete, but just to play differently), the same way you could for a game in the past with trainers and gamesharks, should have the option to permanently become ineligible for leaderboards.

Just a little button with a big warning and confirmation box that says "This is permanent and you will not be able to join games with people without it enabled, and they will not be able to join your games if they also don't have it enabled".

Because every time the botting thing comes up, it ends up as a "what does it matter if I cheat, I don't affect you " - "Yes you do because you can rank higher in leaderboards" conversation. So let's just opt out, and the ones who don't and still play seasons then get banned.
Yeah I agree in a way with a huge * or something on their name and no items can be traded or even given away lol not even 2 hour grace period... it shows like AB BOT or something on their items... i thought of this b4 but u know what's next , steroids vs steroids in the UFC or something lol

just get rid of it and people need to have moral ethics and stop cracking people's games... go do something more useful with your time instead of the evil stuff lol... instead of making bots you should make counters on how to catch them and sell them and make money off them...
not about money i know this... i guess some people get a high off of "cracking" lol
Something more than 3 day bans.
02/25/2016 09:28 AMPosted by Squimpleton
People who just want to cheat for fun (not to compete, but just to play differently), the same way you could for a game in the past with trainers and gamesharks, should have the option to permanently become ineligible for leaderboards.

People online 24/7 overload the servers. All the complains about lag because of this.

Server tech expect people to play like 3-8 hours on average, at most 16, they dont design the server for people to play 24 hours a day
The only way to reduce botting (you will never stop it) is to issue severe penalties on a regular basis. Account wipes, seasonal suspensions, bans, etc. People must fear both the chance of being caught and the consequences that follow.
Can bots loot? Because I always assumed people also ran bots for crafting materials. Especially now with legendary upgrades being an easy way to get ancients.
And we could stop bank robberies by removing all the money from banks.

For starters they cannot remove the gr keys as that would destroy the reason to run rifts. This has been suggested many times already as a solo suggestion.
02/27/2016 04:24 AMPosted by panance
02/25/2016 09:28 AMPosted by Squimpleton

People online 24/7 overload the servers. All the complains about lag because of this.

Server tech expect people to play like 3-8 hours on average, at most 16, they dont design the server for people to play 24 hours a day

Lol. They sold 30m copies of the game. At the current player load if we go by what this forum posts we could all play 24/7 and nobody would notice. I'll,wager the fishing community put a larger strain on the servers than the botters. lets stop them.
my idea to "stop botting": just allow me to play this game offline, since I don't care about leaderboards anyway, and hc-dc-deaths and lack of stash space suck...