I got the stash tab. Here's how

Items and Crafting
02/29/2016 02:43 AMPosted by stefan
02/28/2016 09:05 PMPosted by Harmless
After 279 hours and 623 paragon levels I've completed the Conqueror level of the Season 5 journey and I have my stash tab.

I hope that Blizzard makes the stash tab easier to get in future seasons.

No offense but most people get their stash slot in a week or less than 40hours play time. I think you spend all your time solo, thats why it takes you so long.

Not necessarily, I did around 30 hours playing solo. The Thrill and the avarice are probably the easiest and you need to do the thrill solo anyways. I think it mainly has to do with your conquest of choice. And to be fair, I initially thought too that "years of war" was one of the easier ones until I did the Thrill for the heck of it and got it at one go.

@OP

Whatever path you took is irrelevant, what matters is you made it. Congratulations on keeping on going.
279 hours! That's almost 10 hours each day, and that was just to complete this?

I'm 120 hours in, haven't gone for the journal, just casually gaming, and well past it... set dungeons was the worst part of it...
How does 300 hours make you casual? And there's a difference between being bad and being extremely inefficient. You could have completed the set dungeons with 2 heroes if you for whatever reason wanted to go that path. Your argument of "all this for a stash space" is invalid. You did like 5 seasons worth of stash space grinding.

It's like you drove all the way around the world going east to get to your fiends house that was one block west and complained that it took too long lol.
02/29/2016 02:43 AMPosted by stefan
No offense but most people get their stash slot in a week or less than 40hours play time. I think you spend all your time solo, thats why it takes you so long.
Re-read what he did. He chose to take on the Conquest that arguable consumes the most time.

Mostly, people took the easy way with the two conquest objectives
Avarice
The Thrill

I leveled all 6 classes (Barb 61 hours
Could have completed with just this. Throw on Seismic Slam or Hammer of the Ancients items, win at no-set.

As a casual player this was a lot to do for a stash tab. If I wasn't a fan of playing seasons and retired as well I never could have done this. If I only played 2 hours a night, it would have taken me 4 months and 19 days.
Then you should have played smarter, honestly. Glad you got your set dungeons accomplished, but if you were only after the stash tab, you could have done it in under 60 hours.
I got mine 2 days ago. Did The thrill and Years of War. I don't think I have 270 hours, but probably about 180-200; I can't check right now.

Only had to use 2 toons so it wasn't too bad to do inventory management; I did GR55 on all 4 sets on WD (had a lil' trouble on Arachyr but got it after practicing the build on some bounties), and 2 sets on Crusader. I was gonna do Avarice but Gilded Barons don't like me, and I had most of the set items anyway. Besides, it's fun to try the different sets.

90% solo. For the last part of the journey though, I'll be doing more teaming up with the hubby and a friend.

I know some people got it under way less hours, I guess I'm not that efficient but whatever I had fun.I was also not trying to get it quickly; 3 months for a season, I didn't see a need to rush.

All that matters is getting it :)
Yo

Everybody

Calm down

He is sharing his experience with us. He is not whining that it took him too long. He is not saying it was a waste of time. It's not like you have to convince him that he could've done it in 30 hours or less. I'm sure he knows. It is about having fun in Game, not only about being efficient. He choose tasks he wanted, he did them and he deserves credit for it, more credit because he did the difficult and time consuming ones. He didn't go season for stash only, like a lot of us, NS players. He had all the time in the world to do it (well, 3 months), because he knows the difference between being task orientated and fun orientated.

A fact that I nolifed during first weekend, got over 500 para in 25 hours and could've get my stash on Monday (yes, 2 and a half days into the season) if I wouldn't choose to help others meanwhile (got it on following Friday) makes me no better than he is. Makes none of you better than he is. We wanted the stash tab, he wanted to have fun. We took the easy path, he choose the difficult one. We managed time efficiently, he messured time in game with other tool. Fun.

Grats OP, keep on having good time in game.
Congrats, OP! Amazed you did all that with all classes!

I messed around trying different classes instead of just sticking with Crusader Invoker. I'm just better off sticking with one class, even though I get bored. As a strictly solo player, I panicked because I didn't know how I was going to get the necessary paragon to get through these hoops for the extra stash, since solo= slow progression.

Right now I'm working on leveling gems and earning paragon by doing GRifts over and over. Highest Grift so far is 38. I'm just going up as the gems stop being able to be easily leveled (under 60%), for speed's sake. I could push higher but I hate dying more than once during a Grift. At least I'm getting a couple of paragon levels per Grift.

I fell like I'm in the zone. I have to get a grip on my A.D.D. and just get it done.

No time for fun, Doctor Jones.
02/29/2016 10:37 AMPosted by TeddyKGB
He is not whining that it took him too long.
Really? Because his line here is exactly what it sounds like. Here, I'll quote him:
As a casual player this was a lot to do for a stash tab. If I wasn't a fan of playing seasons and retired as well I never could have done this. If I only played 2 hours a night, it would have taken me 4 months and 19 days.
Point being: it wouldn't have taken him so long to accomplish, even playing casually had he stuck to a single class and had opted to do alternate conquests instead.

OP chose the long route; and congrats to the OP for accomplishing his task. But the OP can't talk out of both sides of his mouth exclaiming both how long it took whilst simultaneously choosing the longer path.

Maybe I'll just say: seasons bad, takes too long and garner a bunch of upvotes too. Stash should have never been tied to seasons in the first place, but that isn't what the OP is on about.
Why does everyone say the Thrill is easy? I find it very difficult.

Edit: According to in game, an LoN build wouldn't work. You can't have ANY set items equipped.
You've excessively played too many hours.
I used this build for the thrill. It would have been easier if I had the immortal token for the Templar.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Thumper-1191/hero/73964161
I hope that Blizzard makes the stash tab easier to get in future seasons.

If players believed that they had the opportunity to acquire a stash tab without actually getting it blizzard full filled their objective.
I got my gold in the cow lvl easy
Reach GR55 with bonuses from 6 class sets - pretty easy actually

My DH had 3 sets already, WZ had 3 sets.
I got my stash tab today. I did the Thrill and Avarice. Took me about 150 hours total all played on the Crusader. Honestly I didn't think I'd be able to get the stash tab so I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to complete it.
02/29/2016 12:07 PMPosted by Fayra

Edit: According to in game, an LoN build wouldn't work. You can't have ANY set items equipped.

All I did was remove my thorns set and ran GR45 and did it on the first try. I didn't even have to optimize for not having the set bonuses, because of the thorns gem, mostly.
Years of War or whatever is definitely the wrong choice. The thrill can be done easily by paragon 400. Averice isn't harder but you need to at least have a really good gold find build. You need as much gold find gear as you can stack and still be able to speed farm TX.

Doing years of war actually requires you to get a lot of gear. I still haven't done it and I am over Paragon 800. I have all the set items for my alt wizard. But where do you put all the gear without the extra tab. I jus went and leveled my Hardcore character and got 50 gold there. I only had to level my HC to about 250 to get all the gear. I ended up getting tired of hunting for gilded Barrons so I just kill a bunch of monsters with a rank 47 Boon of the Hoarder. I did Tal Rasha and need to do another set. I have ancient chantoto set so it'll probably be Archon.
02/29/2016 12:07 PMPosted by Fayra

Depends on what class and what build.

Going for a thorns build for example gets you a lot of innate toughness with aquilla and justice lantern. So really all you need is damage from the gem.

Frenzy hack might work as well.
It took me like 30-40 hours because I wasn't focusing on it. Why did it take you so long?
45 hours here for the tab and I enjoyed the chase once I got over the initial gripe.