Will 1500% dmg will be enough?

Witch Doctor
I don't have a lot experience with the arachyr set. All I know is the dmg is lacking. Diablofans posted PTR patch datamined that arachyr set 6pcs bonus is buffed from 1200% to 1500%. This is subject to change, or at worst will not happening at all. But the question is, how much %dmg needed for this set to be on par with other WD set?

I love this set, I want this set to get some love next patch. Even greater if they put spirit barrage into this set ( or other set )
I don't think so... 1500% is nice, but the playstyle is awful and weird. Not sure it will compete with the new Zuni/Helltooth.
Sets are not really the problem......just that Gargs have so many complimentary items and passives that it makes them easily desirable as the skill of choice these days
The skills that Arachyr supports needs similar supporting legendaries and/or passives.

Eg Triple Yolker - new legendary ring that allows Hex to be cast 3 times in a row before starting its cooldown.
A few PTRs ago, the estimated 6pc multiplier for Arachyr was 50x to be on-par with the other 3 WD sets. That was when PTR Arachyr was 500% bonus.

So they buffed it to whatever the current number, added a few legendary items, and wonder why nobody plays the Arachyr build.
I dont like the skills involved with the 6 piece bonus, so for me it wont be good enough I think. Unless they add some skills and like above is said some more items to make it better.
Perhaps make rheno flayer a bit more powerfull because it was such an iconic item when I first tried it.
Depens on what other things are added with the patch

Firebats deals {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]% increased damage to enemies affected by Locust Swarm or Piranhas.

This with high enough number + new Teaguk. If its strong enough it could be fun.

Other playstyle seems to be GotD+Sacrifice
They tried to balance out LoN.
1500% + Endless Walk will be 3000% multiplier, while LoN remains 1400%.
LoN dart and garg maybe dead.
03/03/2016 12:42 AMPosted by Davez
I don't have a lot experience with the arachyr set. All I know is the dmg is lacking. Diablofans posted PTR patch datamined that arachyr set 6pcs bonus is buffed from 1200% to 1500%. This is subject to change, or at worst will not happening at all. But the question is, how much %dmg needed for this set to be on par with other WD set?

I love this set, I want this set to get some love next patch. Even greater if they put spirit barrage into this set ( or other set )

they need to buff firebat!!!!!huge on theus set
It's not nearly enough to compete with the other sets.

However manajumas will finally be T10 worthy without too much hassle.
03/03/2016 01:58 AMPosted by PaulNg
A few PTRs ago, the estimated 6pc multiplier for Arachyr was 50x to be on-par with the other 3 WD sets. That was when PTR Arachyr was 500% bonus.

So they buffed it to whatever the current number, added a few legendary items, and wonder why nobody plays the Arachyr build.

Its the same for a few sets, they're just bumping damage without looking at the lack of interaction with the set and it's own bonuses. Looks like the Inovoker set is still going to be locked out of area damage for its 6pc bonus and the thorns buff is still additive with Iron Skin. The Shadow mantle set has the same problems, non interaction with area damage and supporting skills/itmes that were released too weak to counter balance for LON.

For A6 the area of the Hex explosion is too small and the spider from the 2pc really needs to benefit from the 6pc, and could use a damage buff to its /second tick. Really love those globe mechanic changes as well, RIP Gruesome Feast.

Same thing every patch, throw bigger numbers at sets with poor mechanics and wonder why no one plays them. Answer is because of those non interactions and sloppy design implementation.

If there is a god in heaven after the last two ptr cycles no one will test this one. I'm tired of providing fuel for un necessary nerfs for some things and buffs not needed for others, while having feedback ignored.
03/03/2016 06:58 AMPosted by jay
Same thing every patch, throw bigger numbers at sets with poor mechanics and wonder why no one plays them. Answer is because of those non interactions and sloppy design implementation.

If there is a god in heaven after the last two ptr cycles no one will test this one. I'm tired of providing fuel for un necessary nerfs for some things and buffs not needed for others, while having feedback ignored.

^^

sums that up for me :)
03/03/2016 06:58 AMPosted by jay
while having feedback ignored.

^this
03/03/2016 05:09 AMPosted by Code187
03/03/2016 12:42 AMPosted by Davez

they need to buff firebat!!!!!huge on theus set

P41_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_005: Firebats deals c_magic[VALUE1*100]% increased damage to enemies affected by Locust Swarm or Piranhas.

ItemPassive_Unique_Gem_005U_x1: All enemies you poison take [VALUE]% increased damage from all sources and deal [VALUE]% less
1500% won't do anything that 1200% is doing now.

None of the skills buffed by the Arachyr set do enough damage for a set bonus multiplier to have much of an effect, regardless how high the numbers are.

For Arachyr to work, either some of the skills themselves (Corpse Spiders, Toads, Firebats, Locust Swarm) need a significant damage buff for the set multipliers to matter, or some new legendaries with strong unique bonuses to those skills need to be released.
The skills Arachnyr works with are just 'clunky'. I tried a firebats build a while ago, and even if the damage was workable (and even with the new challening shoulders and the chiropteran staff, the damage was no where near competative with other builds IMO), the mechanics is meh. They all feel far too slow and ungainly to make work. And the bracers for firebats are just kind of sad, hardly makes any difference at all.

And the other skills I dont think are built to work on their own. Rain of Toads or Ren'ho has been great in the past, but only with a complementary persistant aoe mana dump like Acid Cloud or Phantasm - mechanics (if not currently number) wise they are good core fillers to spam between dropping bombs, but arachnyr doesn't support any good bombs to drop, and I just don't see any use of Spiders or Toads complimenting Firebat usage well - channels like firebats are inherently better used as the filler then the bomb role, so again, the skills arachnyr supports are lopsided on the weak filler side that leaves you feeling empty.
03/03/2016 03:45 AMPosted by Melancholy
Depens on what other things are added with the patch

Firebats deals {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]% increased damage to enemies affected by Locust Swarm or Piranhas.

This with high enough number + new Teaguk. If its strong enough it could be fun.

Other playstyle seems to be GotD+Sacrifice

That item will be Arachyr related
So use creeping death to make sure piranhas are on all the time. If not, we'll have to manually cast locust swarm, and we'll still want nado...

Since FB weapon is 2H we'll always cube it. Use SH weapon and some DR mojo, probably kitty. I mean I guess it's possible to use the FB weapon and cube wormwood...

16 * 2 (EW) * 1.5 (CoE) * 2 (new FB item) = 96x more damage if EW is at 100%. I'll give it a shot, but damage reduction is missing from Aquila and we can still be knocked back because we can't fit krelm bracers in there.

If the new FB item is a ring, then we'll have to drop CoE which makes it 64x max multiplier.
1500% will not be enough to make Arachyrs playable.

Not only because it's too little when compared to most Wizard or Demon Hunter sets, but because spell casting Witch Doctors are weak when compared to any other characters (please, see my topic: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742635034?page=1#0). A Witch Doctor interested in focusing on dealing damage with his spells does not have a proper equipement. Fixing the Grin Reaper could be a possible solution, but until then, Helltooth Garg Party + Mask of Jeram will always be stronger than Arachyr.

Also, Arachyr is just the weaker Helltooth. Although having slightly higher damage bonus, it is currently imposible to compete with Helltooth's Gargs. Previously the ratio was +900% Helltooth and 1200% Arachyr. According to the datamined info, this will be now 1400% Helltooth and 1500% Arachyr... it should be at least 1800% in order to make Arachyr playable.

Some changes, that could make Arachyr playable together with fixing the Grin Reaper:
2p: add additional effect to Spider Queen's web (for example, it could also slow enemies attacks by ~25%, giving the Arachyr WD some survivability as he doesn't have pets to tank enemies for him)
4p: add a [VALUE]% mana restoration per second while the toad is nearby, in order to make it possible to cast lots of spells
6p: increase damage to 1800% instead of 1500%

alternative for 6p:
When hitting an enemy with a creature skill, your creature spell damage is increased by 600% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to four times. Creature skills are Corpse Spiders, Plague of Toads, Firebats, Locust Swarm, Hex and Piranhas.

In such way, a WD casting Corpse Spiders, Firebats, Hex, Locust Swarm could be a playable alternative for a summoner build.
The buff is definitely not enough. The base damage on many of the skills is simply too low. I could see a firebats build maybe being viable, but I have zero desire to stand in place channeling a skill. The actual fun skills of the set, Locust Swarm and Hex - Angry Chicken, simply do not do enough damage currently to go anywhere beyond T8-10.
I agree that unless there are changes to the skills themselves, it'll need to be 1800%+

... would be cool to see a viable spider/creature build