[Guide] Earthen Rage! MotE Toss - 2.4.2

Barbarian
Prev 1 29 30 31 45 Next
05/23/2016 10:16 AMPosted by Seleniumxy
05/22/2016 07:47 PMPosted by gooball
It's a 2h mighty weapon. Find or craft the yellow 2h mighty weapon "steppes smasher" and upgrade it to legendary with the cube. There aren't many such legs, so you have a good chance of getting a blade of the tribes, and a reasonable chance of getting an ancient.

Got it, thanks!

Can anyone help me with what "AD" means? I looked through the original post of course and can figure out most of the acronyms except what "AD" means. Additional Dmg?

Area Damage
just got 85 down and i'm sub 1000 para. bad rift too.
good news for casuals :)
05/23/2016 08:31 AMPosted by Tao
05/23/2016 03:13 AMPosted by R1CK
IMO Brawler has it´s own multiplicator or not? All dmg got buffed by 1.2?

The Brawler math is all in this thread if you're willing to dig for it. Just scan for the posts each page with Nubtro's writing.

Good luck.

Brawler is still DIBS in 2.4.1, same with Berserker Rage. We tried to get them changed when other classes with similar passives did in PTR but it didn't happen :(
Thats good news Swapto! I guess I will have to keep trying.

I tried R1CK's fire build, I just kept dying. Im guessing it works better with higher paragon and Im also guessing he is better at grouping. Im back to the original physical build again and will shoot for 83 tonight.

xRageamok, are you saying the Brawler isnt a great passive for this build? Should I be using something else?
05/23/2016 03:13 AMPosted by R1CK
05/22/2016 10:49 PMPosted by BronxH
Is the Dread Iron belt the best option for the fire build? Is it just there for the healing?
Most of the damage comes from EQ, wouldnt be a WH, a Vigilant or even a String better option?

This question is one that i´m aksing myself the whole time.
I use the Dread Iron to have a@ least 1 time LPFS on my gear.
If I put that away 4 WH, I have to swap 24% AD off my waepon 4 LPFS or I have to switch Brawler Passive to Bloodthirst.
IMO Brawler has it´s own multiplicator or not? All dmg got buffed by 1.2?
So it will be a huge dmg nerv if Brawler got switched.
AD is very strong in 2.4.1 and I believe that 24% is more than 50% CD.

I thought brawler was additive?

Anyway, I have LPFS on Dread Iron AND weapon, and I recently tried a different weapon without the extra LPFS... BIG difference lol.

I've gotten too used to being able to fill up my health to 100% at almost any time with a BT... I guess for fishing high GRs like you, it doesn't matter much, but for guys in the mid 80's who try to clear consistently like me, that on-demand full heal helps a lot.
05/25/2016 07:35 AMPosted by Exiter
I tried R1CK's fire build, I just kept dying. Im guessing it works better with higher paragon and Im also guessing he is better at grouping. Im back to the original physical build again and will shoot for 83 tonight.

Switching to fire and expecting results is like training for a marathon and then entering a 400 meter dash.

"It's just running!? What's going on?"

If you want to play fire. Go back to 75 and slowly crawl your way up.

But honestly R1CK can pull off those stat rolls because he can take Vitality in Paragon to still get 800K-900K health. And remember, R1CK is dying too. Higher GR is about fishing for soft rifts.

05/25/2016 07:35 AMPosted by Exiter
xRageamok, are you saying the Brawler isnt a great passive for this build? Should I be using something else?

Do a test. Try Relentless over Brawler. It's one of our best defensive passives for EQ.

The other option is Animosity. It's going to smooth out the gameplay. 33.33% CDR works only if you land on an enemy every single leap. That is not possible. Animosity will bridge the CDR gap and also make your Toss hit harder.

One final thing I suggest you to try. Play with APD over Skul. Being able to stay in the fight is huge for DPS with this build. Based on my slow GR progression and keeping track of times, my times actually improved when I went to APD with the Dirty version of EQ.

Good luck and let us know how the 83 goes. =)
05/25/2016 09:07 AMPosted by Blayze
Anyway, I have LPFS on Dread Iron AND weapon, and I recently tried a different weapon without the extra LPFS... BIG difference lol.

I've gotten too used to being able to fill up my health to 100% at almost any time with a BT...

Blayze - if that new weapon is higher DPS and you want to use it. Try TS - Grim Harvest over Falter. It's an easy way to pick up some sustain healing.

Good luck.
Brawler isn't the best passive for the build imo, it still gives more damage, but not the 20% that you'd like it to be. Though in saying that, if you already have Ruthless and Rampage, there are no more great damage passives, and if you want more pure damage you'd take Brawler, but if you take Tao's advice and sub in a defensive passive you might find you'll be able to do more damage over time
What I tested is that the dmg output with Brawler + WOTB and 25 Stacks Rampage in a mid up to high density Pack (good 4 Battle Rage Into the Fray) pushes my sheet dps up to 11 million.
Without it´s about 8 million. Maybe Brawler isn´t bad so far?
05/26/2016 12:49 AMPosted by R1CK
What I tested is that the dmg output with Brawler + WOTB and 25 Stacks Rampage in a mid up to high density Pack (good 4 Battle Rage Into the Fray) pushes my sheet dps up to 11 million.
Without it´s about 8 million. Maybe Brawler isn´t bad so far?

On paper it looks rather good.

But the reality is that you are already receiving +200% DIBs from BOTT itself. This greatly dilutes the effectiveness of Brawler. This 200% is not reflected on sheet dps.

Normal with BOTT = 100 (Base) + 200 (BOTT) = 300
With Brawler = 300 + 20 = 320

DPS increase with Brawler = 320 / 300 - 1 = 6.67%

This does not yet include EQ damage from shoulders / chest. Assuming if you roll those stats, the DPS boost from Brawler is even lower (and requires 3 targets).
d3 charplanner calculated +9,3% dmg overall (15 whites and 3 elites)
Ik that we won´t get 20% overall but nearly 10% more max dmg is not only a bit it´s huge.
Or I really really walk into the wrong way don´t know.
I'm back from Season 6 playing Firebird Archon Wizard for my 8th Stash space. The build was fun but it
s not my MOTE Barbarian build.

Recently cleared a GR78 I am sure I can fish a GR79. I have read the threads about Area Damage on the shoulders and that sounds like a great plan. I am going to start gambling and crafting for those. My Toughness is approximately 900 Million once all my buffs are running. I am primarily a Witch Doctor because I love pets but EQ Leap is just so fun it's hard not to play him all the time.

Those Oculous circles are awesome for extra DPS. Long live the EQ Builds. Hope to clear a GR8 before Season 7 starts.
05/31/2016 09:33 AMPosted by Visionhero
Recently cleared a GR78 I am sure I can fish a GR79.

Welcome back Visionhero.

Your EarthenRage barb is looking good.

I've run sixty five solo greater rifts this era. 10 in each level from 72 on up to 78s. I recorded times, took notes and tested builds.

In the five rifts I've run at 78s, I'm still under 10 min clear times. 7:30 GR78 being my best time on a super soft rift.

I'm saying this for two reasons.

One, I like to brag as much as possible about how amazing I am. ;)

Two, I went away from the DPS build and went with all toughness. Last era I was all out glass, now I'm all about steel. The set alone has amazing dps. I'm going to rewrite and update the guide soon to reflect this, but I wanted to share it with you.

I'm finding that the higher toughness choices is allowing me to stand in the Occulus rings when needed. More EQs stacked in one area is more damage than having to play so defensively.

It's my barb Dawn if you want to see the skills, gear, gems and cube.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tao-1163/hero/55708266

Have fun and good luck.
05/31/2016 10:34 AMPosted by Tao

Have fun and good luck.

I want your Blade sooooo bad...

After burning through 2,500 souls I finally rolled one with decent DPS, but the other stats are crap :(
05/31/2016 09:33 AMPosted by Visionhero
Recently cleared a GR78 I am sure I can fish a GR79.

Welcome back Visionhero.

Your EarthenRage barb is looking good.

I've run sixty five solo greater rifts this era. 10 in each level from 72 on up to 78s. I recorded times, took notes and tested builds.

In the five rifts I've run at 78s, I'm still under 10 min clear times. 7:30 GR78 being my best time on a super soft rift.

I'm saying this for two reasons.

One, I like to brag as much as possible about how amazing I am. ;)

Two, I went away from the DPS build and went with all toughness. Last era I was all out glass, now I'm all about steel. The set alone has amazing dps. I'm going to rewrite and update the guide soon to reflect this, but I wanted to share it with you.

I'm finding that the higher toughness choices is allowing me to stand in the Occulus rings when needed. More EQs stacked in one area is more damage than having to play so defensively.

It's my barb Dawn if you want to see the skills, gear, gems and cube.

Have fun and good luck.
'

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a little bragging. Do you think Cool down is a more important stat on gloves over Area Damage? Right now I want to try Area Damage on both gloves and shoulders. Finding those items with those rolls is going to cost quite a few materials.

Thanks for the link it gives me some ideas to work with.
05/31/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Visionhero
Do you think Cool down is a more important stat on gloves over Area Damage? Right now I want to try Area Damage on both gloves and shoulders. Finding those items with those rolls is going to cost quite a few materials.

You only need two x 8% CDR rolls + Helm gem to make it work. Doesn't matter which slots.

Ideal is to have the shoulders roll both CDR and AD, so that you're only giving up a smaller allocation of RA or Vitality... but those shoulders are insanely hard to get (realistically you'll only get one of them on shoulders). Other than that I'd roll CDR on ring since again you're giving up the least in that slot.

Aim for at least two x AD rolls, but three is ideal. If you're high paragon, you can make up with vit points.
05/31/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Blayze
You only need two x 8% CDR rolls + Helm gem to make it work. Doesn't matter which slots.

This is it. =)

I was lucky enough to have the AD/CDR Shoulders in the stash.

The AD/CDR/CHC/CHD gloves are going to be tricky. Here is the WW version:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tao-1163/hero/73520487 - Anyone have these with MotE?

I'm actually after rings. A CDR ring would mean I could take roll the CDR off of gloves. But I've been gambling for FnR rings for at least three eras now. Very rare. Sometimes I switch gears and try to improve my secondary rolls.

For AD I would recommend Shoulders first, then Gloves, and maybe finally weapon if you get lucky. Like Blayze suggests, AD is a later paragon stat.

I'm already using 2000 vit in paragon to make up for gloves and shoulders. I augmented most of my gear with 60-65 gems. And I'm using that set to level gems to 75 for my next augments. Hopefully I'll have a few better secondaries by then.

05/31/2016 10:55 AMPosted by Blayze

Having a hard time upgrading it. I want to try AD on one someday. Thanks for taking a look. =)

You're welcome. I hope you can go all Steel over all glass. I was shocked at how much easier it was. The key is dropping BoM for CoE, then running Diamonds and APD. You can see it all on profile. The Occulus, CoE, WotB ticks are crazy during Physical.

Another little bit of advice. When you come to an elite pack, keep going till you get a second. Once you have two, try to slowly fight them along until you have a third. Multiple elite fights are the only way to get ahead of the timer.

Enjoy.
05/31/2016 12:06 PMPosted by Tao
05/31/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Blayze

This is it. =)

I was lucky enough to have the AD/CDR Shoulders in the stash.

The AD/CDR/CHC/CHD gloves are going to be tricky. Here is the WW version:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tao-1163/hero/73520487 - Anyone have these with MotE?

I'm actually after rings. A CDR ring would mean I could take roll the CDR off of gloves. But I've been gambling for FnR rings for at least three eras now. Very rare. Sometimes I switch gears and try to improve my secondary rolls.

For AD I would recommend Shoulders first, then Gloves, and maybe finally weapon if you get lucky. Like Blayze suggests, AD is a later paragon stat.

I'm already using 2000 vit in paragon to make up for gloves and shoulders. I augmented most of my gear with 60-65 gems. And I'm using that set to level gems to 75 for my next augments. Hopefully I'll have a few better secondaries by then.

05/31/2016 10:55 AMPosted by Blayze

Having a hard time upgrading it. I want to try AD on one someday. Thanks for taking a look. =)

You're welcome. I hope you can go all Steel over all glass. I was shocked at how much easier it was. The key is dropping BoM for CoE, then running Diamonds and APD. You can see it all on profile. The Occulus, CoE, WotB ticks are crazy during Physical.

Another little bit of advice. When you come to an elite pack, keep going till you get a second. Once you have two, try to slowly fight them along until you have a third. Multiple elite fights are the only way to get ahead of the timer.

Enjoy.

I agree I have been working to get involved with 2-3 elite packs at once. Those fights are more fun as well. :) More things to avoid.
I am just getting back into D3 after a year off. I am currently at about P760 and can clear GR78 so far with about 1-2 mins to spare... havn't tried pushing more yet but I think I can do better with playstyle. What is the most efficient way to play at higher GR's solo with this build?

Here is my S6 MOTE Character: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Crypter-1856/hero/76947441

Tao, I'm also playing steel, but for a different reason: hc. But being a bit of an hc noob, I may have gone too far on the defensive side. Right now I'm using APDs, BoM, and diamonds in gear. The limit is definitely dps, which is good for hc, but if I'm going to push I may have to drop one level of toughness.

What are your thoughts on CoE vs BoM? The latter's consistent damage reduction is hard to pass up. And Skulars vs APDs? The latter is great in a pack, but less use against most rift guardians.

Here's my barb if you want to comment on it: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/gooball-6178/hero/76150409 . I asked the HC forum, but didn't get anything useful. Endeavor/Bryan may not be playing any more.