[Guide] Earthen Rage! MotE Toss - 2.4.2

Barbarian
Prev 1 7 8 9 45 Next
03/09/2016 10:43 PMPosted by HunterKiller
Played PTR a bit, it seems they've changed the way EQ damage ticks are displayed. On live the ticks from different quakes will be summed up first then shown to you. You can tell how well you've stacked EQ on top of each other, and I like it that way. On PTR however, you get bunch of yellow crits on every monster inside EQ, it's really messy in my opinion.

Is there a setting for dmg numbers that you have to adjust in the menu? pretty sure PTR resets your options.
03/09/2016 10:56 PMPosted by MASKOAA
Is there a setting for dmg numbers that you have to adjust in the menu? pretty sure PTR resets your options.

Unfortunately no, and if you have kept PTR installed your options won't get reset each time it's updated.
About the CoE/APD playstyle, I think the biggest problem with the setup is still the RG fight.

I really dislike Raekor's charge then kite playstyle and that's why I stick with EQ. Even with Band of Might some RGs are still capable of one shot you in GR80+, like Stonesinger's charge, which often comes out of nowhere. Although it's possible to just leap behind your follower while keeping RG in EQ radius and make RG attack your follower instead, I personally still find it rather frustrating when you get RGs that have very hard to avoid attacks during your leap cycle.
03/09/2016 04:22 PMPosted by DAKKON

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DAKKON-6113/hero/8428604

Gear I was using.

Look at those rings.

Look at that Blade!

I've not seen better rings anywhere!

For the rest of us who don't have ideal CDR/cc/chd F&Rs but will have to roll off either cc or chd, do you reckon we roll 1 each way, or roll both for Str/chd/cdr/socket (since WOTB gives us 10% cc)?
03/09/2016 10:43 PMPosted by HunterKiller
On PTR however, you get bunch of yellow crits on every monster inside EQ, it's really messy in my opinion.

this is interesting to hear...
dint even touched EQ builds yet, need to see if the new change is helpful in something
03/09/2016 08:33 AMPosted by DAKKON
Cleared an 84 GR (since this seems to be the benchmark on the forums heh) on the 3rd try. Used Witching Hour for offense and APD's + Demoralize for mitigation.

Grats.

It seems like you´ve changed your weapon to have Vit over 10% damage and some passives since you´ve posted. I assume survivability issues in 85+. I´d recommend you to test the Cassius+IP variant over Witching Hour+War Cry. What you´ve gained through Witching Hour is lost by dropping Ruthless and even more by losing 10% weapon damage.

03/04/2016 02:52 AMPosted by Nubtro
But cubed CoE over Band of Might should be doable and viable in the CDR-focused build, as follows:
(a) Cassius over Dread Iron
(b) APD over Skular
(c) additional CDR on second ring, gloves and weapon
(d) Iron Hide over Veteran
(e) Insanity over Into the Fray
(f) Molten Fury over Cave-In so Fire skill on bracers and amulet
(g) Demoralize over Falter

Nonetheless, glad to see somebody finally having the gear to run high CDR fire LeapQuake :)
Back to my question, to advance into higher Greater Rifts I should go CDR on both rings?
With fire build you need it on
shoulders
Gloves
Both rings
Weapon
And I question whether or not you could drop 10% CHC for 8% CDR on amulet to have close to perma wrath

With physical
Shoulders and one ring should do the trick
Just shoulders, Diamond an Para are enough if you have 180+ fury for having no gap in good density.
But extra 8% give a little room for nonperfection in skillrotation timings.
Yeah if you're not always in density then you will need an extra 8%
03/10/2016 07:03 AMPosted by Thumper
With fire build you need it on
shoulders
Gloves
Both rings
Weapon
And I question whether or not you could drop 10% CHC for 8% CDR on amulet to have close to perma wrath

With physical
Shoulders and one ring should do the trick

Thanks.
Thats right. Hit no or few mobs while leaping results in 1-2 secs downtime
But if there are no mobs to hit it does not hurt.
I swapped my weapon with 8cdr for one with lpfs and dropped animousity for rampage.
Does not feel that smooth anymore but i gained a significant damage increase.
I ended up dropping 6% CHC for 8% CDR to make it run very smooth. Once I get rings that roll 8%CDR - 50% CHD - 6% CHC I will be set to run fire build since I have the gloves
I was about to post it some time ago, but things got hectic at work and it prevented me from any in game matters.

So, last time I was playing MoTE in some speed 70's, I was running no WC variant with WoTB and BR, and as expected I had some "dead zone" in Leap rotation due to cooldowns. I have no Fury on Weapon and on the end I was using SoE instead of Dread, obviously Animosity in passives.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TeddyKGB-1805/hero/67558753

That's the char I was using, with CDR/CHC/CHD Focus and STR/CHC/CHD Restraint. Key to have zero downtime on Leap was my GG HFA with Superstition. After experimenting with multiple amulets (was looking for total laidback style, so I didn't had to worry about playing sloppy) I had in my stash, this one gave me zero downtime to on Leap, as long as I had couple monsters around me.

I tried running with Mute instead of Eso and Dread over SoE but it didn't felt right (Mute guard didn't), I ran with SoE just to see if Superstition will be able to keep my cooldowns right without any +Fury, with Animosity only. It did, no issues.

So, I think for those who are gearing up or have some issues with proper rotation/CDR management Superstition presents a solid alternative passive, especially that passives in this build are not really set in stone. I believe Rakuria had some 80+ clear with WoTB and BR as well, it happened same day as I was experimenting with my setup, but I'm not totally positive on that, I was looking for laidback build because I was consuming alcoholic beverages meanwhile:)

Just wanted to throw it out here, maybe somebody will find some use of it:)
Awesome Ted. I've updated passive options to include superstition. Brilliant idea for Fury.

Hmmm laid back. Reaper's Wraps Grim Harvest?
Played around with fire 50% cdr this evening.
Had some realy speedy 72s.
Tried 75+ and had 1 finished rift in time out of 5.
Put 200p in Vit. Tried WC. Tried IP. Ended up dying to multiple elite affix and RGs.
I didnt like fishing as a child and i dont like it now.
I went back to down-to-earth physical with BoM.
It has not the clearing times of the best fire tries... but i can finish all 75s nomatter what diablo throws at me.
Clear 81 with physical , BR and Insanity. Had 33.33% CDR. Back when I was trying to clear 79, I tried running with COE and APD but gave up. I die so many time due to LTP issues than anything else, so I want back to the standard physical and then did 80 and 81 with BR+Insanity. If I ever get CDR Focus, i'll give the high CDR fire build a try
Physical is very consistent. Fire may be able to push higher in the right circumstances.

Don't get caught comparing yourself to DAKKON. He sees arrows before they leave the quiver.
03/10/2016 05:57 PMPosted by Tao
Don't get caught comparing yourself to DAKKON. He sees arrows before they leave the quiver.

LOL. Not quite but after playing with R6 so long Leapquake feels tanky by comparison. The damage output is higher than what I initially thought when I played around with this. Had a few close 86's yesterday and it's a matter of time.

It seems like you´ve changed your weapon to have Vit over 10% damage and some passives since you´ve posted. I assume survivability issues in 85+. I´d recommend you to test the Cassius+IP variant over Witching Hour+War Cry. What you´ve gained through Witching Hour is lost by dropping Ruthless and even more by losing 10% weapon damage.

Tried IP and somehow it did not gel as well as I had originally hoped. The loss of DPS on 1 EQ from Warcry was noticeable. I was super tanky but the kill speed was not yolo enough for higher 80s.

What I did try though which I quite like was to drop Bloodthirst in favour of Ruthless. Had to get LPFS on the weapon in place of Bloodthirst. Testing out a 10 CDR / LPFS variant and so far it's quite ok.

03/10/2016 01:01 AMPosted by Conquistador
For the rest of us who don't have ideal CDR/cc/chd F&Rs but will have to roll off either cc or chd, do you reckon we roll 1 each way, or roll both for Str/chd/cdr/socket (since WOTB gives us 10% cc)?

03/10/2016 09:20 AMPosted by Thumper
I ended up dropping 6% CHC for 8% CDR to make it run very smooth. Once I get rings that roll 8%CDR - 50% CHD - 6% CHC I will be set to run fire build since I have the gloves

Agree. For 2H builds, CHD is the more important of the 2 stats so I would favour dropping CHC in such situations.
I rarely post on the forums, but I lurk around quite frequently.

I took some time away from the game, almost a year.

Came back and decided to do a season for the first time.

I'm playing this build - really enjoy it (I hate Raekor)

I've been stuck pushing GR74 for a few weeks now, for awhile I was 5-6min slow, just couldn't kill mobs fast enough to progress.

I kept coming here looking for answers to my build and gear (I do need pieces upgraded, but RNG is a B*%ch...

I decided to try more aggressive passives to boost my damage and try and get a higher grift cleared.

I literally went from 6+ minutes behind to failing by less than 15sec twice...I'll get it tonight

But I was wondering why nobody seems to touch on using "Brawler" in any of these builds?

In the GR's, we try and always be killing groups of mobs, isn't adding 20% dmg increase to everything outweigh things like Relentless when our dmg is low?

Is this passive not really a 20% boost? is there a reason nobody seems to use it or mention it even as an option for players not having survival issues, but pure DMG issues?