Stone of Jordan completely useless now.

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 9 10 11 22 Next
02/26/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Nevalistis
I've seen quite a bit of feedback from folks wanting to see Stone of Jordan get some revivification. Let's explore this concept.

• If we revised Stone of Jordan, what would you want it to do?
  • Why do you want Stone of Jordan to be more important? Is it the nostalgia factor, or do you want more competitive/varied ring options? Is there another reason?
  • Would you rather see Stone of Jordan have a new Kanai/Crafting use, be spent as currency, or feel more competitive as an item?
  • How can we revise Stone of Jordan in a way that's great for everyone and not just a single class?

These are just some conversation starter questions. I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on Stone of Jordan, or what item powers you'd like to see in general.

A simple change could be to make the elite bonus an orange affix and make it 50%.

Another option is to make it support elemental damage by doubling (or a percentage) your current elemental damage.
SoJ cube formula. Add 30 elite damage to any weapon. Requires 1 SoJ and 1 weapon.
SOJ should be the first item that directly buffs skills with crossover from other skills even other classes instead of ' all runes or now has x rune '.. Any class skill can roll as the affix.

Example - Generators now throw out X% WepDam Lightning Cyclones on critical hits and any class can use it.

Killing enemies has a chance to release Heavens Fury.

Taking / Doing damage can occasionally cause you to go berserk.. Whirlwind for X seconds.

Ect.
02/28/2016 06:20 AMPosted by Greg
SoJ cube formula. Add 30 elite damage to any weapon. Requires 1 SoJ and 1 weapon.

I actually like this idea as well.. Every class would benefit from it, as well as DH's and their bows/xbows.

I feel majorly, this should help DH's out a lot more having elite damage without losing a slot. As well as any other build not willing to use The Furnace.

I feel with any change like this, elite damage % will end up having a nice little cap so nobody can run
"Gift of Jordan" + The Furnace (cubed) + Equip an OP Sun Keeper. Damn those possibilities though.. lol.
02/26/2016 12:18 PMPosted by Davlok
Make it have the affix - "Doubles the effect of your first passive"

this^^
02/28/2016 06:20 AMPosted by Greg

That wouldn't improve it as an item. It would, however, create another necessary thing to have. In turn, just more power creep.

For the same reason you won't go without an emerald socketed, you wouldn't go with a weapon not upgraded with such an SOJ recipe.
About Stone of Jordan :

To make this ring exceptionnal, i think we should have the possibility to add an additionnal legendary spell on it, from an other item through Kanai.

Simple, clear, exceptionnal but not cheated
I think there is always something interesting about powerful items that have a glorious benefit coupled with a nasty twist. As has been talked about in so many threads about the power creep and everything turning into a clone war of the same builds with same gear, a "cursed item" approach can really shake things up. Right now the game is so slanted towards farming just the right ancient set items because all the stats are so very predictable and thus create annoying uniformity. If the designers genuinely want to create more play-style and toon build diversity, there need to be some uber legendaries that have an unpredictable dark side. Of course, there will be a huge outcry from some. But think about the creative builds that could arise from trying to maximize on a new dimension of balancing "risk vs reward".
It should be a Kanai/crafting use AND be a competitive item!
Stone of Jordan: Now rolls with 5 primary affixes and can roll up to 2 sockets

Broken Promises: Convert all your Critical Hit chance into Critical Hit damage. Your Critical Hit chance is now based on 10% of your Critical Hit damage.

Bul-Kathos Wedding Band: Every 2 seconds damaging an enemy within 3 yards grants a Shield of Bul-Kathos. Each Shield of Bul-Kathos blocks 1 attack. Upon blocking an attack the Shield of Bul-Kathos will explode dealing 2000% weapon damage to all enemies within 5 yards and heal you for 10% of your missing health.

Manald Heal: Spending 200% of your total resource within 10 seconds instantly restores all missing health and primary resource.
+Double current resource bonus in secondary affix

Nagelring: Fallen Lunatics summoned by this ring trigger on-kill effects when they explode.

Rogar's Huge Stone: You now gain Life per Second equal up to 12%-15% of your total life based on your missing health.

Hellfire Ring: Summon a Clone of yourself from the Shadow Realm that copies your every movement. Your Shadow Clone redirects 33% of the damage you take to itself, causes nearby enemies to take 33% more damage, increases resource regeneration by 33% and casts your spells for you. (skills no longer take an attack turn)
Make the ring unique!

Like, we can sell the ring to a merchant and spawn a boss!
"All equiped legendary gem have their lvl increased by 30, and all gem have their effect doubled"
First of all, make it the hardest to find ring so we have a grind fest though the season and give a new sense to Diablo catchphrases : I'VE FOUND IT! Then, do this :

Transform it's current state in two-role ring. We can salvage it at the Blacksmith to extract what i call "Jordan's Sad Fulfilment", a crafting material similiar to Ramaladni Gift, which will be then used by Mystic to give us a special (visual too, easy recongnisable at a first gear glance) bonus socket on any piece of gear we want. BUT here's the catch :

- Only Ancient Legendary items can be used for this.

- we cannot use multiple gear items that have this special socket, on the same time. Only one.

- Legendary gems can only be placed on their analogue gear parts. So, any gem that give us any damage increase can only be placed on weapons. Any Legendary gem that give us protection will be placed on shoulders, bracers, helm, chest, etc. Any present or future legendary gems related to pets, will pe placed on the off hand item.

-Once the legendary gem is placed on the socket we want, it will become unsocketable and degradable without the possibility to repair it. The only way to put another one in place is to let the current one expire. So we have to choose very wisely what legendary gem we put in....and also level another "spare gem" just to be prepared for "expiration date".

Now, to express my idea that regard Soj as a gear piece, we must introduce a new legendary gem that will only work in conjuction with Soj. The orange text on the ring will indicate that the percentage bonus damage to elites (all we want that back in use) is done by the charmed pack , using this new legendary gem. I willI name it "Embracing stone". What this legendary gem do? First power will give a flat percentage to charm an elite pack (rare, blue, etc...all included) which will fight for us (for a set amount of time), using all effects more often compared to a normal (not charmed elite pack). The condition for that charm percentage to work si is to take away at least half hp from the elite pack we are fighting at that moment . From level 25 and up, this gem will increase percentage damage of the charmed elite pack. Any elemental damage that we have on our gear will further increase the damage of the charmed elite pack with the right correspondence. E.g : Cold % on our gear will increase the damage for a charmed Frozen pack...and so on.

- While the charmed elite pack fight for us, an on-screen indicator similar to the one found on the Convention of Elements ring, will indicate, through a rotation, on what element we are immune (because immunity amulets are obsolete now anyway).The elements rotated are the one founded on the charmed elite pack.

I think every Nephalem ( no matter what class) will be happy to befriend nasty elite packs that will fight along him through Sanctuary.
02/28/2016 11:27 AMPosted by iAVITN
Stone of Jordan: Now rolls with 5 primary affixes and can roll up to 2 sockets

Broken Promises: Convert all your Critical Hit chance into Critical Hit damage. Your Critical Hit chance is now based on 10% of your Critical Hit damage.

Bul-Kathos Wedding Band: Every 2 seconds damaging an enemy within 3 yards grants a Shield of Bul-Kathos. Each Shield of Bul-Kathos blocks 1 attack. Upon blocking an attack the Shield of Bul-Kathos will explode dealing 2000% weapon damage to all enemies within 5 yards and heal you for 10% of your missing health.

Manald Heal: Spending 200% of your total resource within 10 seconds instantly restores all missing health and primary resource.
+Double current resource bonus in secondary affix

Nagelring: Fallen Lunatics summoned by this ring trigger on-kill effects when they explode.

Rogar's Huge Stone: You now gain Life per Second equal up to 12%-15% of your total life based on your missing health.

Hellfire Ring: Summon a Clone of yourself from the Shadow Realm that copies your every movement. Your Shadow Clone redirects 33% of the damage you take to itself, causes nearby enemies to take 33% more damage, increases resource regeneration by 33% and casts your spells for you. (skills no longer take an attack turn)

Broken Promises - I agree!!! This would really be awesome and a nice thing for build variation :D

Manald Heal could have something about general Resource Regeneration since Manald Heal always has a secondary with +primary resource. Can't think of something though, your idea is not that great here though

Nagelring could be an overkill for monks with EP.

Hellfire Ring bonus is actually boring as it is right now (In game) so definitely need to change it, I only use it for leveling.
    1. If we revised Stone of Jordan, what would you want it to do?
    Why do you want Stone of Jordan to be more important?

2. Is it the nostalgia factor, or do you want more competitive/varied ring options? Is there another reason?

3. Would you rather see Stone of Jordan have a new Kanai/Crafting use, be spent as currency, or feel more competitive as an item?

4. How can we revise Stone of Jordan in a way that's great for everyone and not just a single class?

1a. What? Something better.
1b. Why? We need more variety in gear (rings). Right now, Sets are the dominating choice for jewelry, either:

Basons of Will http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/focus with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/jeweler/recipe/hellfire-amulet-of-intelligence

Legacy of Nightmares http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/litany-of-the-undaunted with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/jeweler/recipe/hellfire-amulet-of-intelligence

Endless Walk http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-compass-rose with one of the more powerful rings (Unity, CoE, SoJ, etc.)

2. Yes, absolutely nostalgia, SoJ should be, hands down, the most powerful Legendary ring. Honor D2, don't ignore it. Also, see answer to 1b. BTW, I like that it doesn't have an attribute that can be transferred to the cube.

3. Not really, but if you want to add something I wouldn't be opposed to it, as long as the ring is also made more powerful.

4. I'd just make it able to have more primary and secondary affixes, and bump the existing stat ranges up. Like this:

STONE OF JORDAN
Legendary Ring

Primary Affixes (6)

One of 7 Magic Properties:
Skills do +15–25% more Elemental Damage.

One of 3 Magic Properties:
+250–500 Primary Attribute (Str, Dex, Int)

Increases damage against elites by 25.0–35.0%

1 Open Socket

+2 Random Primary Affixes

Secondary Affixes (3)

One of 6 Magic Properties:
+ Max Resource

+2 Random Secondary Affixes, including things that currently can't be rolled on rings:

Reduce Damage from Elites
Reduce Damage from Melee
Reduce Damage from Range
02/27/2016 12:47 PMPosted by Halcyon
All skills now do [lightning/fire/cold/arcane/poison/holy/physical] damage. Exactly the opposite, but also not. The element is locked on the entire character of whatever this ring dictates. This could be explosive for build options. You could build a poison wizard, or a holy barbarian, for instance.
Would be amazing.
Beast form diablo would be really really cool IMO
I've seen quite a bit of feedback from folks wanting to see Stone of Jordan get some revivification. Let's explore this concept.

• If we revised Stone of Jordan, what would you want it to do?
  • Why do you want Stone of Jordan to be more important? Is it the nostalgia factor, or do you want more competitive/varied ring options? Is there another reason?
  • Would you rather see Stone of Jordan have a new Kanai/Crafting use, be spent as currency, or feel more competitive as an item?
  • How can we revise Stone of Jordan in a way that's great for everyone and not just a single class?

These are just some conversation starter questions. I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on Stone of Jordan, or what item powers you'd like to see in general.

1) If you guys revised Stone of Jordan then these are my ideas for the revision.

Make this ring a strong DPS booster, but more rare on drops.

Primary

1) Keep ring main stat roll
2) Keep X skill damage increase ( like Fire skills deal 20% more damage)
3) Swap the primary stat Increases damage to elites by X % to secondary state
4) Allow the ring to always roll 6% CC, which would be a big deal since if someone lacked crit damage or attack speed, they'd have to enchant the CC which is a tough decision.

Secondary

1) Swap any secondary stat like % extra gold from monsters to always roll Increase damage to elites by X %
2) Remove X bonus to resource from secondary, its not very useful with the choice of gaining more resource from paragon points.
3) Always allow the ring to roll a socket at the aforementioned slot of resource gain

2) I want stone of jordan to be more important because, to me, i love the ring and it is a small nostalgia factor and as well it was my favorite ring in diablo 2.

I feel if this ring were a strong DPS ring at the sacrifice of using a ring set like LON or BOW, then this can be utilized for a STRONG DPS orient for X % bonus to elites without per-se to use a "The furnace" legendary power; which can be switched to something else.

I want this ring to be competitive in a DPS factor to other rings than just being a ring requiring good enchant rolls.

Another reason could be to even allow the ring to somehow even strengthen some type of legendary bonus to like a weapon for example or even a full set. As a power.

3) It'd be interesting to see it be used as a kanai cube power for some type of individual sync with each character to be the most character buffing ring ever or something like that logic. Game breaking sense.

4) I'd say revising it as a strong DPS ring can give people a better option to manage both their flat dps and skill dps ratio for a overall improvement than using a boring rare dps ring.

Like before somehow having the ring sync to each class independently in a unique way could give each class a unique property while using the ring to give everyone an advantage than just the user.

Interesting topic.
Some alternative to COE maybe