Stone of Jordan completely useless now.

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 2 3 22 Next
02/26/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Nevalistis
If we revised Stone of Jordan, what would you want it to do?

In today's world it would need a legendary affix that buffs the +% elemental damage and +% damage to elites in a way that is unique and not just something that equates to a separate total damage modifier such as Bastion's of Will, Endless Walk, or Convention of Elements.

Something that actually added to the game, perhaps an idea that plays off of elemental affixes of the elites themselves such as making arcane sentries hurt monsters if you have the appropriate +arcane damage SoJ.
Leave the ring as it is now (with Elite damage and Elemental bonus) and give it the secondary "Your Elemental damage bonus is doubled".

Bam, the current form of the ring is improved and the builds that use it can continue to use it. Just a quick thought before I head into town.
02/26/2016 11:37 AMPosted by WhatHitYou
I want to see them be used for a Diablo Clone spawn again!

Great idea, but lets make sure the D Clone actually has some power, unlike the current uber events.

With that said, why not make it also function in Kanai's cube like the Puzzle Ring does?

If we salvage it into the cube, have it open a portal to the old Uber Tristram:
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/%C3%9Cber_Tristram
and make us fight a very powerful Prime Evil Clone, preferably Diablo.

Also! lets really bring back the nostalgic feel; I want the screen to shake and have it say "Evil Walks the Earth" just like it used too

Why do you want Stone of Jordan to be more important? Is it the nostalgia factor, or do you want more competitive/varied ring options? Is there another reason?

Nostalgia and power.

This ring was the cream of the crop in D2 in regards to damage for almost any class/spec (Bul Katho's ring for melee), it was also the currency of D2 at one point and it was used to spawn a hidden boss battle that rewarded a very powerful item.

If you're going to rework the item, make sure it is very powerful for all classes and just about any spec, just like its nostalgic counterpart. I would hate to see this item be cornered into a very niche spec and it better not become a class specific item. You've already ruined Mara's Kaleidoscope and Bul Katho's Wedding Band's nostalgic feel, please don't do it to the Stone of Jordan as well.
Whatever power SOJ would have has to be competitive with FnR (or COE if you are using Traveller's set) What if SOJ's rolled a +% damage to monster types or even cycled through monster types like COR cycles through elements? This could work with types such as "demon" beast" "undead" etc. or the monster types could be "regular" "champion" "rare" and "boss".
I would like to see it be used like they were in Diablo 2. Spawn another diablo that dropped the Annihilus Charm. Obviously charms aren't in this game(totally should be) but you could have him drop something that you could only get from him. That would make farming for these rings enjoyable and have a reason. Could offer them up to the cube similar to how we use to have to sell them.

I know that only existed to reduce the number of SoJ's in the game still made it fun to find them and try finding the Diablo Clone.
I've seen quite a bit of feedback from folks wanting to see Stone of Jordan get some revivification. Let's explore this concept.

• If we revised Stone of Jordan, what would you want it to do?
  • Why do you want Stone of Jordan to be more important? Is it the nostalgia factor, or do you want more competitive/varied ring options? Is there another reason?
  • Would you rather see Stone of Jordan have a new Kanai/Crafting use, be spent as currency, or feel more competitive as an item?
  • How can we revise Stone of Jordan in a way that's great for everyone and not just a single class?

These are just some conversation starter questions. I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on Stone of Jordan, or what item powers you'd like to see in general.

Make a cube recipe where you can transmute 5x SOJ + 500x forgotten souls for a chance to re-roll a legendary (or set) item for a guaranteed ancient.

Lots of ideas to think about, but I feel a much larger +resource bonus would be a good start, and then have +30% elite be a bonus 5th primary.

+50 spirit, Fury, Wrath, AP
+25 Hatred, +10 disipline
+200 mana

Why do you want Stone of Jordan to be more important?

More options!

Would you rather see Stone of Jordan have a new Kanai/Crafting use, be spent as currency, or feel more competitive as an item?

A few random kanai recipe ideas
- SoJ + Item = resets the enchanting cost
- SoJ + Item = Increases legendary affix to highest roll.
- SoJ + Jewelery = Adds a socket

How can we revise Stone of Jordan in a way that's great for everyone and not just a single class?

Make it have the affix - "Doubles the effect of your first passive"
I've seen quite a bit of feedback from folks wanting to see Stone of Jordan get some revivification. Let's explore this concept.

• Why do you want Stone of Jordan to be more important? Is it the nostalgia factor, or do you want more competitive/varied ring options? Is there another reason?
  • Would you rather see Stone of Jordan have a new Kanai/Crafting use, be spent as currency, or feel more competitive as an item?
  • How can we revise Stone of Jordan in a way that's great for everyone and not just a single class?

These are just some conversation starter questions. I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on Stone of Jordan, or what item powers you'd like to see in general.

What made the Diablo 2 Stone of Jordan so good, was that it was the universal ring. Every class could use it, as it increased your skills by 1, which was a pretty big deal.

I have a suggestion that would turn the Stone of Jordan into a Gem instead.
◆ Rank 0:
  • Your Critical Hits deal 10.00% additional damage (Increases by 0.25% per rank) and discharges Lightning damage equal to the additional damage in a 20 yard radius around the target. (Visual effect would be similar to Electrocute: Arc Lightning, but in a 360 degree radius)
  • ◆ Rank 25:
  • Increases your base resource(s) by 25%.
  • How about this:

Have it roll with a socket and then have the orange text/power be:

Legendary gems socketed in this item have their effect increased by 100-150%. [values negotiable].

it would have to be careful in how it applied to certain gems, but I think it would be a cool thing to have.
    02/26/2016 11:37 AMPosted by WhatHitYou

I want to see them be used for a Diablo Clone spawn again!

Bring back our Charms(Annihilus and Torch)!
    Communication, item improvement discussion and feedback all in one reply. Good job Nevalistis.

Nah not so much nostalgia tbh, just make it competitive w/o making it an overpowered must have. Sounds simple but it's not, and we realize that. It does desperately need a legendary affix, that poor secondary could use a buff too, like...double it!

02/26/2016 11:47 AMPosted by Drothvader
    Think Talrasha but single element.

This is a good direction to go with said legendary affix.

What would I like it to do? Turn the bonus damage against elites into the Legendary Effect. If bonus elite damage can be a special affix for the Furnace is can be one for the SoJ as well.

Why? It's a little depressing to to see a legendary item have no legendary affix (or even worse, a purely cosmetic one, I'm looking at you Slorak's Madness). 90% that, 10% nostalgia.

Kanai/Crafting use? Maybe? A portal to Old Trisham from D2 would bust people's nostalgia valves wide open.

NOTHING. DON'T REVISED IT.

The current Ring fits many builds. It gives us a well sustained dps boost. It also creates this "lure" for focusing damage into 1 element more than CoE can ever do. Please do not add another layer of meaningless power creep. We do not need another ring that is smiliar to CoE either in its current dynamic dps (+200% over sec) buff or a permanent dps buff (+50% dps)

I would go even farther and pull Furnace OUT OF THE CUBE. The +%elite damage on Furnace should be a 5th primary if anything, but not a legendary power. It's not going to make a difference to existing items if you pull its affix out of the cube. The weapon should be wielded for its true power.

To add a new RING power to the game PLEASE revise the Hellfire Ring.
    In keeping with the "+1 to all skills" from D2, the D3 equivalent could be opening up additional runes on skills. Would "all runes for all equipped skills" be too powerful? How about "all runes for your primary skill"? Or "choose an additional rune for every skill"?

Or +N points in each of the 4 paragon categories? Or +N point boost to all 16 paragon entries?

Or, for leveling only, it could open up an additional rune for every skill above what your level qualifies for. Given how rare leveling is in this version of the game, though, a leveling boost would be of limited use for such a rare item.
    02/26/2016 01:05 PMPosted by Zt1mQ
    why so idiotic topics from people who can't even press shift+L and look at leaderboards' gear, are replied by blizzard?

Please, if you think Twister 4p meta is going to last anything beyond this current patch then that is the only idiotic thing in this thread. SoJ needs a buff beyond one nitch build that will be nerfed, thanks.

Make it something like caldessian's recipe. Maybe like combine 9 stones of jordan into an item called X. Then get like a specific number of those X items and add them to any item we want for dmg against elites. Treat them like gems in the beginning to make bigger gems (ringX). Then use ringX ^x + item + mats, etc etc.

Here are 3 things which make this ring really great.

1. Increase the elemental damage roll from 15-20% to 20-25% or 20-30%.

I may be wrong but there are very few items in the game that roll with 25% or more elemental damage. The Moonlight Ward amulet is one of them. Letting this ring roll 25 or 30% elemental damage would make it a very important item for elemental builds. I would use an Arcane SoJ and then I would also wear my really nice Moonlight Ward in my Arcane Orb Delsere build.

(With or without suggestion #1)
    2. Give us damage mitigation against the element that the ring buffs for us.

So if the SoJ buffs my Arcane damage, it would also protect me from Arcane damage by like 50-70%. Since monsters don't do Holy damage, a Holy SoJ would protect the wearer from Arcane. I know there are amulets that completely protect us from one element, but those are amulets are not good enough for us to use.

3. Change the resource stat to a percentage instead of a flat value.

If this ring increase my primary resource by 10-15%, that would be rad! A 15% increase would take from 171 Arcane power to 197.

Currency Idea

1. Allows an ancient item to stay ancient when you reroll it in the cube.

Add it as an optional ingredient to the Reforge a Legendary recipe. When you sacrifice your SoJ in this recipe, your ancient item will still be ancient.
    02/26/2016 01:14 PMPosted by MasterJay
    02/26/2016 01:05 PMPosted by Zt1mQ
    why so idiotic topics from people who can't even press shift+L and look at leaderboards' gear, are replied by blizzard?

Please, if you think Twister 4p meta is going to last anything beyond this current patch then that is the only idiotic thing in this thread. SoJ needs a buff beyond one nitch build that will be nerfed, thanks.

This.

It's nice that a group of Wizards have found a way to utilize this ring but it used to be desired by most classes.
    Nostalgia. Both competitive/Kanai.

Ideas:
    +1 skill > Random skill gains all or X rune. Or, random skill A also casts random skill B.

+25% mana > More damage at higher resource. More damage at lower resource. %DamageTaken to Resource.

+Mana > +Resource

1-12 lightning > Could be a proc. Conduit last longer, hits faster or All pylons are Power + Conduit hehe. Blah +avg damage.