Stone of Jordan completely useless now.

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 7 8 9 22 Next
enables all tempest rush runes. +150% to tempest rush
02/26/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Why do you want Stone of Jordan to be more important? Is it the nostalgia factor, or do you want more competitive/varied ring options? Is there another reason?

Nostalgia, and I also like the idea of something designed with simplicity's strength in mind. Rings without sockets are basically trash, so I'll start with that, and the throwback to the existing stone's +Resource and +Element, and the big deal is giving player-selected dual runes for each generator. If it's simpler to program, give each generator its first/last rune for free, so that SoJ doesn't change skill selection UI.

STONE OF JORDAN
Legendary Ring
  • Resource generators gain the effect of 2 runes.
  • One of 6 Magic Properties (varies)
    • +8–10 Maximum Discipline (Demon Hunter Only)
    • +7–8 Maximum Fury (Barbarian Only)
    • +7–9 Maximum Arcane Power (Wizard Only)
    • +105–119 Maximum Mana (Witch Doctor Only)
    • +13–14 Maximum Spirit (Monk Only)
    • +7–8 Maximum Wrath
  • One of 7 Magic Properties (varies)
    • Physical skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Lightning skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Cold skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Fire skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Arcane skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Poison skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Holy skills deal 15–20% more damage.
  • Empty Socket
  • +2 Random Magical Properties

This ones a bit trickier. It goes along with some of the other comments about a good SoJ pushing the player towards a mono-elemental build. The granting of extra runes on generators seems like an easy (and cleaner than the above) way to get synergy with simplicity, while boosting elemental damage.

STONE OF JORDAN
Legendary Ring
  • Each resource generator gains the effect of its Physical/Lightning/Fire/Arcane/Poison/Holy rune (matching the bonus damage type below)
    • Physical skills deal 20–25% more damage.
    • Lightning skills deal 20–25% more damage.
    • Cold skills deal 20–25% more damage.
    • Fire skills deal 20–25% more damage.
    • Arcane skills deal 20–25% more damage.
    • Poison skills deal 20–25% more damage.
    • Holy skills deal 20–25% more damage.
  • Empty Socket
  • +3 Random Magical Properties
02/27/2016 10:04 AMPosted by Gnome
Why do you want Stone of Jordan to be more important? Is it the nostalgia factor, or do you want more competitive/varied ring options? Is there another reason?

Nostalgia, and I also like the idea of something designed with simplicity's strength in mind. Rings without sockets are basically trash, so I'll start with that, and the throwback to the existing stone's +Resource and +Element, and the big deal is giving player-selected dual runes for each generator. If it's simpler to program, give each generator its first or final rune for free, so that SoJ doesn't change skill selection UI.

STONE OF JORDAN
Legendary Ring
  • Resource generators gain the effect of 2 runes.
  • One of 6 Magic Properties (varies)
    • +8–10 Maximum Discipline (Demon Hunter Only)
    • +7–8 Maximum Fury (Barbarian Only)
    • +7–9 Maximum Arcane Power (Wizard Only)
    • +105–119 Maximum Mana (Witch Doctor Only)
    • +13–14 Maximum Spirit (Monk Only)
    • +7–8 Maximum Wrath
    • Physical skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Lightning skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Cold skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Fire skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Arcane skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Poison skills deal 15–20% more damage.
    • Holy skills deal 15–20% more damage.
  • Empty Socket
  • +2 Random Magical Properties

I actually like this. But I tend to think they should make it even more rare but guarantee Ancient.
I've seen quite a bit of feedback from folks wanting to see Stone of Jordan get some revivification. Let's explore this concept.

• If we revised Stone of Jordan, what would you want it to do?
  • Why do you want Stone of Jordan to be more important? Is it the nostalgia factor, or do you want more competitive/varied ring options? Is there another reason?
  • Would you rather see Stone of Jordan have a new Kanai/Crafting use, be spent as currency, or feel more competitive as an item?
  • How can we revise Stone of Jordan in a way that's great for everyone and not just a single class?

These are just some conversation starter questions. I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on Stone of Jordan, or what item powers you'd like to see in general.

Maybe Kunai cube + another item = something interesting?
Maybe some ideas:
Increase resource + regen
+% to all main stats
I've seen quite a bit of feedback from folks wanting to see Stone of Jordan get some revivification. Let's explore this concept.

• Why do you want Stone of Jordan to be more important? Is it the nostalgia factor, or do you want more competitive/varied ring options? Is there another reason?
  • Would you rather see Stone of Jordan have a new Kanai/Crafting use, be spent as currency, or feel more competitive as an item?
  • How can we revise Stone of Jordan in a way that's great for everyone and not just a single class?

These are just some conversation starter questions. I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on Stone of Jordan, or what item powers you'd like to see in general.

Elite damage a legendary power.

auto a socket
auto an elemental damage

2 random stats

1 sekondaty stats

that i like to see

The biggest problem with SOJ right now is it doesn't come close to competing with Focus and Restraint with COE or Survival ring in cube, and for most Endless walk builds, Zodiac or a survival ring is far more valuable for the extra slot.

Sure, twister wizards and maybe 1 other build utilizes SOJ but in the scheme of things it generally doesn't come close to measuring up to LON or FnR builds. A few EW builds can run it but that's about it.

To make changes I think you would have to make SOJ either a 5 stat ring, or find some way to augment SOJ properties to gear pieces.
02/26/2016 10:23 PMPosted by Mip
Am I taking crazy pills here? or Does nobody see the 4 man leaderboards being dominated by SOJ...

Yes you are taking crazy pills thinking that a small faction of 1 class using the ring that's being used in a 4 player meta that will 100% be nerfed next patch justifies an item as being just fine for use with all classes in all modes.

Meanwhile CoE, a multi elemental specialized ring being used in my single elemental build because SoJ isn't up to par = majority of players right now.
I would like to see it make the option for any power to become a staple, or options for variety. Some ideas:

* Target skill of your choice gains +1- 3 ruins of your choice (you have to take it to the cube/blacksmith and add resource then get the menu for which skill and ruins you want to add)

* You may cube/equip weapons/armor from other classes (mask of jeram on a pet sader? Flying dragon on a demon hunter? etc.)

* You may use two primary (signature) spells at the same time. Instead of double damage you basically use both at same time like jars full of spiders and toads.

* You may only have 4-5 skills but each skill has 25%-50% more value

* each different set bonus you have increases dmg by 100- 500% (so mix and match set ring)

* All damage becomes elemental X dmg. (so all your dmg is now fire or holy etc.)

Some On-Item Options:

All elements gain 20%-30% increase damage, so no matter what element(s) you are using you get a significant damage boost. It is a natural companion to Convention of Elements. This removes the innate "way too many options" of the ring as it is currently.

All skills now do [lightning/fire/cold/arcane/poison/holy/physical] damage. Exactly the opposite, but also not. The element is locked on the entire character of whatever this ring dictates. This could be explosive for build options. You could build a poison wizard, or a holy barbarian, for instance.

Some Legendary Options:

Legendary Effect 30% Elite Bonus Damage - Bland, but not a bad companion to Furnace.

All Elements are now your highest elemental damage %. - Another decent companion to CoE, stacking your highest elemental automatically boosts the others the same % whether or not you have any % of any other element.
Here's some options:

1. A use for un-runed skills: Make all un-runed skills have a special quality- not necessarily buffed damage but something that would encourage you to use them.

2. This is a bit extreme but how about a ring that turns you into something? The old Diablo 2 SoJ was used to summon a Diablo clone in the world, how about having it occasionally summon a demon soul to possess you? It could just increase your size and add toughness/ damage or do something cool- like a whole other character/form (like archon). It could be like a whole other class with new skills- if you die you return to your normal form and need to build up charges again to transform. You can maintain the form longer if you can eat corpses or something like that.

3. Something related to elite affixes? Elites come with 4 affixes (like arcane enchanted), it would be cool to be able to affect them someway with SoJ. Maybe have SoJ "eat" one of their affixes and give you a buff? Maybe even have that affix work for you instead of them? -So many possibilities.

4. Non-inventory uses: I'm sure it has already been said but I want to see other uses for SoJ besides using it as a ring. It offered some fun in Diablo 2 with the Diablo Clone (where you had to find him in the game). Maybe make a cube recipe for it that spawns Diablo somewhere in your game that drops something special that can't be found anywhere else- perhaps Perfect Royal gems/fragments?
I use SOJ already in my Sunwuko Monk build.. That extra fire and elite damages makes double than what it is without it.
Stone of Jordan could be the ring of choice for people who only use one element while Convention of Elements would be better if using two or more elements.

Keep SoJ as is, but add a fifth stat.
Leg power for SoJ, 100% more resource or 100% more resource generation.
be spent as currency,
Diablo walks the earth! GR 150 Diablo pops up at the location of the first purple monster you encounter in the world.

Not sure how you could make a hellfire torch work in this bastardized version of Diablo though.
Have it remove the Account Bound property from an item, and use it to introduce trading back into the game. This would make it a nice spiritual successor to the D2 SoJ.

That should be tempered by some sort of powerful combat element though, just to make it a real choice whether to burn it or use it. One suggestion I've seen was to make it use your highest elemental damage for all attacks, which is an idea I could see enabling many, many new builds. That's pretty exciting to me!

Rarity wise, with these 2 properties, it shoud be incredibly rare to find, both to control trading from going completely bonkers and because its such a powerful buff. If it were as common, at best, as the Gift is, it might then be a proper SoJ, where everybody is looking for it, just like the good old days!
If we revised Stone of Jordan, what would you want it to do?
Would you rather see Stone of Jordan have a new Kanai/Crafting use, be spent as currency, or feel more competitive as an item?
How can we revise Stone of Jordan in a way that's great for everyone and not just a single class?

If SoJ was revised I'd like to see the Elite Dmg% be used as currency in some way. Having the ability to only extract the exact % on the piece would keep a hunt fresh for these and getting an upgrade may have some excitement factor again.

SoJ is probably one of the oldest names in the game. To D2 players I'm sure it hit home when they first ID'd one and knew it was back. I wouldn't like to see them be more important than other item bonuses, I'd just like to see it possibly do something special being a 'special' item nostalgically to some as well.

As it stands now, I don't believe Demon Hunters have the ability to equip The Furnace in the cube for the extra damage all the other classes have the option to. Having the ability to at least extract it (For Demon Hunters primarily if that could be suggested - making it exclusive) would grant them at least a decent bonus compared to The Furnace. Making Demon Hunters a little more competitive in the race as well.
Not all would really wish to see SoJ made a class exclusive; so either way being extracted onto even jewellery would benefit every class, solo and group play having that extra power.
02/26/2016 05:37 PMPosted by Faith
Let it permanently (while wearing it or equiped in cube) spawn a diablo clone which fights by your side. It should buff your defenses, offenses and do something horrible to the bad guys.
While fighting diablo it should additionally confuse real diablo significantly and his shadow as well.

Son, we hate Diablo. I would want to kill it constantly. The hordes of evil have spawned from him and him alone. I would not want that pile of excrement by my side. When I see Diablo.....I kill him.
it would be nice if that ring would be used as curency, so cool and bufed it should be. And it should be able buff all clases.
02/27/2016 10:51 AMPosted by Code187

Elite damage a legendary power.

auto a socket
auto an elemental damage

2 random stats

1 sekondaty stats

that i like to see

ye good idea, but probably need something more specific, somthing all clases could use to buff his build. maybe some power that chnages on every class?