Anything special about the new Kanai event?

General Discussion
New gears? Something? Just wondering
Well, Kanai does a lot of damage for a mere "follower", even in T10. It's neat to see. Given enough time, he could solo the entire level. Unfortunately, he has long cooldowns for his AoE skills and he doesn't attack very quickly. He's basically a souped up ancient from Call of the Ancients.

I would prefer to see his "stomping grounds" generate a random, medium-sized rift level, with random enemy types (with a chance for cows) and random environments, instead of simply another cow level. Of course, Blizzard would have to get rid of their awful cowlamity pun if they did this, so I guess it would never happen.
Can't wait for the new meta, 3 zdps supporting Kanai while he smashes the rift.. Can you be a follower of a follower?
Found it, completed it. Am I missing something? Pretty lame, my opinion though.
03/01/2016 12:41 PMPosted by spacecadet13
Can't wait for the new meta, 3 zdps supporting Kanai while he smashes the rift.. Can you be a follower of a follower?

The Meta might be to have him "carry" you at the beginning of a new season. Raise difficulty to T6 and enjoy the ride (if you can do this on low level... haven't tried).
The Kanai event has actually been present since Patch 2.4.0 launched, but is only available during March - the real world birth month of Kevin Kanai Griffith, the artist for whom Kanai's Cube (and King Kanai) is named.

For those of you who may not know, Kevin was a talented and dedicated member of the Diablo III development team who passed away in October of 2014 from a rare form of cancer. If you'd like to read more about Kevin, we included a short biography of his contributions to Diablo (and Blizzard as a whole) in the Kanai's Cube preview.

This event is a chance for folks to get to adventure with Kanai one more time. We hope you enjoy the opportunity as much as we do.
03/01/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Nevalistis
The Kanai event has actually been present since Patch 2.4.0 launched, but is only available during March - the real world birth month of Kevin Kanai Griffith, the artist for whom Kanai's Cube (and King Kanai) is named.

For those of you who may not know, Kevin was a talented and dedicated member of the Diablo III development team who passed away in October of 2014 from a rare form of cancer. If you'd like to read more about Kevin, we included a short biography of his contributions to Diablo (and Blizzard as a whole) in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19817367"]Kanai's Cube preview[/url].

This event is a chance for folks to get to adventure with Kanai one more time. We hope you enjoy the opportunity as much as we do.

How about... Kanai "Pet"?

He will have an adventure with us, all the time.
Wait? How do we get this event to happen?
Is the event triggered in the Hall where you find the cube? Haven't come across yet..
03/01/2016 01:42 PMPosted by RomireOnline
Wait? How do we get this event to happen?

03/01/2016 01:44 PMPosted by ArcticShadow
Is the event triggered in the Hall where you find the cube? Haven't come across yet..

It's actually on the Left side, just before you enter that room to claim the Cube.

It's in the Immortal King's room. That room was there since last patch, but nothing happened there.
go to Immortal Throne in Secheron.

Now, If this was done as a tribute...eh. Seems more like a little side project of someone there at Blizzard. Am I being harsh...perhaps, but its a bit..well it lacks luster in a game that is essentially item based.
How about having Kanai as a new Follower?

So Kanai can join an Adventure with us
This event is a chance for folks to get to adventure with Kanai one more time.

Sad and beautiful. Congrats.
:(

I was definitely looking forward to him becoming my follower after that. I won't complain that there wasn't much to the event, since I understand the intended meaning, but allowing him as a 'companion' would have furthered that meaning along with us having something to be excited about.

Oh well. Suppose anything new is nice at this point. =P
Event is fun and performs its function perfectly.

It let's us join Kanai on one last adventure.

It ties into game's legacy with Cow Level aesthetics.

It's open for everyone - no special requirements to go there.

While fun (who wouldn't consider smashing hundreds of Infernal Bovines fun?), it's not really competitive in terms of rewards, unlike the Vault or Not the Cow Level, so even though it's a yearly event, you won't feel compelled to grind it.

Just go to the Immortal Throne, see the barbarian ghosts, and join Kanai in Kevin Kanai Griffith's memory.

Oh, and about a memory you can hold and treasure in game? It's called "Kanai's Cube" and not generic Horadric nor Nephalem Cube for a reason.

For those of you who may not know, Kevin was a talented and dedicated member of the Diablo III development team who passed away in October of 2014 from a rare form of cancer. If you'd like to read more about Kevin, we included a short biography of his contributions to Diablo (and Blizzard as a whole) in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19817367"]Kanai's Cube preview[/url].

R.I.P. Kevin....We will make sure that your legacy is remembered for eternity!
Good on y'all. Did it. Fun. Want to build a fire whirlwind IK barb now.
03/01/2016 12:41 PMPosted by spacecadet13

I really appreciated your idea.
Well done Blizzard, well done.
03/01/2016 01:39 PMPosted by DoomBringer
How about... Kanai "Pet"?

He will have an adventure with us, all the time.

I think this is a marvelous idea! You Blizzard folks who knew Kanai well, make a pet Kanai would do. You could also name him Kanai's [pet "species"].