Challenge issued, Blizzard. End cheating!

Console Discussion
To give a bit of backstory, I have been an avid player of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls since its debut on PC. Having participated in 4 seasons, due to my laptop's limitations causing regular lock ups, and yes, I have tried ever single mind-numbing, days on end solutions from every corner of the forums and my PC hardware manufacturers, I am no longer able to play on PC, unless whatever the cause is found by accident or a drunken night out leading to a programmer's epiphany. To me, my laptop has simply fallen behind the times, and it is a bitter pill I must swallow followed by moving on.

My brother recently moved into our home with my wife and I, and after explaining the issues I have been suffering on PC and missing Diablo III like that girl with the thing she does like no other, he bought the digital version for PS4 for me to play in between his sessions. Side note, Blizzard, Marvel now has controller support, so no more excuses for my PC and Mac brothers and sisters! It's just awesome. Totally! Why won't you let us have nice things!? I had a lot of fun on PS4. That is until I met the cheaters..the hordes of cheaters. Biblical locusts and frogs hordes.

I'm not going to spell out how cheating is actually done, because the last thing I want to do is to grab a skunk by a tail and wail on it with a stick in order to spray everyone in the neighborhood (hilarious as it may be to some). We know they have hacked items and gems providing insane and unrealistic statistics, such as 1 million percent physical damage, because someone must have said one can never have enough overkill to which someone else replied "Oh yeah?!", as well as the ability to duplicate nearly every single item in the game..including the Collector's Edition Pet..sort of. Kudos on that. Once you reach the top tier of game play, which is the standard Torment X or Greater Rift games, you will encounter them aplenty. They even enter low level players' games like drug dealers offering their cheated wares like !@#$%^ to oblivious suburban teens. Seriously, there is no damn difference here, folks.

Meeting these cheaters in different caveats of conversation have been interesting. Did I say interesting? More like how many different ways different people react when being hit in the genitals. Having a cheater, who I would not label a player because we players play the game rather than slip something in the game's drink and have their perverted ways with it after the game is rendered unconscious, tell me there is no way for a legitimate player to clear a Torment X rift or to solo a Greater Rift higher than 60 is like hearing an ignorant politician tell me they more about science than scientists. Wait, that last part is happening too. I think it is safe to say many children ate glue, inhaled paint fumes regulary, were dropped on their heads as babies on more than a dozen occasions and care more about the Kardashian versus our educational system being more diluted than drinking Kool-Aid made by that one babysitter during our childhood who thought adding twice the water on the recipe makes it taste better. It still does not, Jennifer! You were wrong!

The recent, mirror patch for consoles coinciding with version 2.4 on PC and Mac had an update of giving gems a maximum limit of 100. It also secretly deleveled all gems higher than 150 to such. Thank you for that bland breadcrumb, as many innocent players would be rocketed up to Paragon Level 10,000 in a few moments before this and dumbfounded as to what just happened to them. They are not cheaters but victims of them..well, most of them. However, they are stuck with their Paragon Level, and the only current solution to be being ridiculed by players not in the know of their experience is to delete their entire save game, go through Story Mode all over again (quiet, Season players!) and then start anew. So, the punishment goes to the victims. In what sadistic way does this make sense to you, Blizzard staff? Sure, they have a new motive to play. They also have the same motive to play something else and not come back. You know, the scenario known as diminishing on your flow charts that middle management tries to give a positive spin while you sit there thinking, "I got something for you to spin on, Bob."

As much as I have been full of attitude during this post, it's time to ask some real questions. I challenge you to give real answers. If you do, then..well, I'll be happy and can brag to the two people that actually care in my lives that a video game company took my level of criticism and answered it. OK, so those two people are my wife and brother, and they put up with me because they love me. Sorry for any diabetic symptoms anyone reading this is suffering from right now. Without further ado, answer me these riddles three..alright it's four questions, but I could not come up with a geeky reference with "four":

1. It is well established that Sony and Microsoft will not allow you to ban cheaters. It's a safe argument that you do indeed know how to tell which accounts are in possession of hacked items. Since you can delevel gems, are you planning to delevel, correct or delete the hacked items currently out there? Better yet, how about deleting those characters outright, since you may have legal standings to do so?

2. In some games, when players encounter their friends have just joined and are much lower level, there is an option that allows a player to reduce levels should they so choose in order to play at their friends' levels. Are you going to give players who have suffered Paragon boosting this option?

3. We are seeing newer hacked Legendary items using real items instead of the usual, simple rare ones and adding affixes either outside the set ranges or stacking dozens upon them. Will you institute a checking system to ensure items should exist within the items' parameters, and either correct or delete the hacked items?

4. Duplicating is easy. It's so damn easy. Breathing and blinking barely require less skill! Are you going to kill the process?

These are my questions. I await your likely silence, a few responses agreeing with me and a number of trolls answering for you. Shock me with a response. Shock us all! The fact that a relevant portions of the streams I see on PlayStation 4 are cheaters streaming their hacked wares and boosted levels shows a slap in the face to your company and to your players. Again, cheaters are not players. They are vermin that need to be stopped with bait pellets passively, but if unsuccessful, you break out the sticky traps and carry their broken but alive bodies to the trash cans outside to become an eventual snack for the feral cats in the alley later that evening as nature obviously intended.
Welcome to the console btw :) this has been mention again n again sorry mate I feel you but there is not really much that can be done being we are console gamers sadly...

This is just an example, I felt 50% modded n 50% play legit in our console gaming.

So 50% legit maybe 20% just wants to get plat n move on to other game. So 30% of us are very serious in d3 over the years. Now duping, high paragons 3k above or modders helping us getting our desire Lgems to certain lvl but we are still legit in a way lol

This has been suggest over the years make every item pick up or drop or mail out an autosave. This kills duping which leads our 30% legit players maybe less than 5%

I do not know if the 25% stills want to play D3 because now they have to farm items n HC players can no more get their 5th passive resurrection from save file or usb

With the players left after no duping, no mods or reset of high paragon. I can assure you our console forum is like a walking dead which again bad business for blizz lol

We have players running a clean game btw just like yrself but sorry my Friend. Our play style is just too little as I mention.

Turning to the dark side (duping,modding) make you stronger n effortless running the Higest GRIfts in hours while players forgot the clean n normal way takes weeks n months running just mid GRIfts :p
Teresa, I do appreciate the reply. I don't exactly know where this math is stemming from, but viable links to such analysis are welcome. Otherwise, I'm 100% certain I will believe 0%. Now, that's indisputable math.

Without going all quote crazy, I do get there are always players who dedicate their game play mainly after trophy acquisitions. Achievement johns (not !@#$%s, because johns pay; ^-*!@s actually make money) will be an argument for any game within the catalog. That isn't a viable excuse or justification in any sense, neither for the player base or the business model. The same can be said for casual players versus the hardcore base.

As for your theory, and let's call it that, that eliminating duplication will make the forum / PS4 legitimate communities / whatever-XBox's-hub-is-called a graveyard and actually hurt Blizzard's business, I confidently disagree. It's a single forum with far less posts versus other forums for Diablo III. To further expand upon this, game companies along with anyone possessing the intelligence even at a level of a canine have concluded over the years that cheating in online, multiplayer games is a true disease. It eats away at their work. It dismisses the intended mechanics and reduces the playability. It hinders others' enjoyment of the game and diminishes the overall experience. Botting on the PC and Mac is another example of banes of Blizzard's existence. Besides, there are plenty of easter eggs in games for pirates, cheaters, etc. Game companies hate them equally. I am confident Blizzard would absolutely survive the fall out should duplication go the way of Bill Cosby's credibility and respect.

As for the Dark Side, which I don't believe cheaters should be given such a prestigious label, because Darth Vader was cool, and cheaters rank in the coolness department in between athlete's foot and cold sores, it's time to bring them to the light. They can come quietly or kicking and screaming like a lame fight video participant in a WorldStar video. It does not personally matter to me if that light stems from a beautiful sunrise or a rotten child burning them to death like ants with a magnifying glass.

To the point, I don't care what the cheaters think or how they will feel. Legitimate players will be happy. Blizzard knows the money, the best word of mouth and their very reputation comes from their fans. Right now, as a fan playing on PS4, I'm not happy. I cannot in good conscience recommend the console versions to anyone in their current state. I would recommend the PC and Mac versions instead. At the least, botting has inflicted a much smaller impact versus cheaters on the consoles.
Well

1. They CANT delete the characters. You are not on any blizzard server.
2. What game has this?
3. What newer stuff is being hacked? The ps4/XB1 can't be hacked yet.
4. They don't care. They even said that they don't.

Sure it be nice if they did fix some. But they won't. It has all been around since Diablo 3 hit console. It's nothing new.
03/07/2016 09:24 PMPosted by Savant
To give a bit of backstory, I have been an avid player of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls since its debut on PC. Having participated in 4 seasons, due to my laptop's limitations causing regular lock ups, and yes, I have tried ever single mind-numbing, days on end solutions from every corner of the forums and my PC hardware manufacturers, I am no longer able to play on PC, unless whatever the cause is found by accident or a drunken night out leading to a programmer's epiphany. To me, my laptop has simply fallen behind the times, and it is a bitter pill I must swallow followed by moving on.

My brother recently moved into our home with my wife and I, and after explaining the issues I have been suffering on PC and missing Diablo III like that girl with the thing she does like no other, he bought the digital version for PS4 for me to play in between his sessions. Side note, Blizzard, Marvel now has controller support, so no more excuses for my PC and Mac brothers and sisters! It's just awesome. Totally! Why won't you let us have nice things!? I had a lot of fun on PS4. That is until I met the cheaters..the hordes of cheaters. Biblical locusts and frogs hordes.

I'm not going to spell out how cheating is actually done, because the last thing I want to do is to grab a skunk by a tail and wail on it with a stick in order to spray everyone in the neighborhood (hilarious as it may be to some). We know they have hacked items and gems providing insane and unrealistic statistics, such as 1 million percent physical damage, because someone must have said one can never have enough overkill to which someone else replied "Oh yeah?!", as well as the ability to duplicate nearly every single item in the game..including the Collector's Edition Pet..sort of. Kudos on that. Once you reach the top tier of game play, which is the standard Torment X or Greater Rift games, you will encounter them aplenty. They even enter low level players' games like drug dealers offering their cheated wares like !@#$%^ to oblivious suburban teens. Seriously, there is no damn difference here, folks.

Meeting these cheaters in different caveats of conversation have been interesting. Did I say interesting? More like how many different ways different people react when being hit in the genitals. Having a cheater, who I would not label a player because we players play the game rather than slip something in the game's drink and have their perverted ways with it after the game is rendered unconscious, tell me there is no way for a legitimate player to clear a Torment X rift or to solo a Greater Rift higher than 60 is like hearing an ignorant politician tell me they more about science than scientists. Wait, that last part is happening too. I think it is safe to say many children ate glue, inhaled paint fumes regulary, were dropped on their heads as babies on more than a dozen occasions and care more about the Kardashian versus our educational system being more diluted than drinking Kool-Aid made by that one babysitter during our childhood who thought adding twice the water on the recipe makes it taste better. It still does not, Jennifer! You were wrong!

The recent, mirror patch for consoles coinciding with version 2.4 on PC and Mac had an update of giving gems a maximum limit of 100. It also secretly deleveled all gems higher than 150 to such. Thank you for that bland breadcrumb, as many innocent players would be rocketed up to Paragon Level 10,000 in a few moments before this and dumbfounded as to what just happened to them. They are not cheaters but victims of them..well, most of them. However, they are stuck with their Paragon Level, and the only current solution to be being ridiculed by players not in the know of their experience is to delete their entire save game, go through Story Mode all over again (quiet, Season players!) and then start anew. So, the punishment goes to the victims. In what sadistic way does this make sense to you, Blizzard staff? Sure, they have a new motive to play. They also have the same motive to play something else and not come back. You know, the scenario known as diminishing on your flow charts that middle management tries to give a positive spin while you sit there thinking, "I got something for you to spin on, Bob."

As much as I have been full of attitude during this post, it's time to ask some real questions. I challenge you to give real answers. If you do, then..well, I'll be happy and can brag to the two people that actually care in my lives that a video game company took my level of criticism and answered it. OK, so those two people are my wife and brother, and they put up with me because they love me. Sorry for any diabetic symptoms anyone reading this is suffering from right now. Without further ado, answer me these riddles three..alright it's four questions, but I could not come up with a geeky reference with "four":

1. It is well established that Sony and Microsoft will not allow you to ban cheaters. It's a safe argument that you do indeed know how to tell which accounts are in possession of hacked items. Since you can delevel gems, are you planning to delevel, correct or delete the hacked items currently out there? Better yet, how about deleting those characters outright, since you may have legal standings to do so?

2. In some games, when players encounter their friends have just joined and are much lower level, there is an option that allows a player to reduce levels should they so choose in order to play at their friends' levels. Are you going to give players who have suffered Paragon boosting this option?

3. We are seeing newer hacked Legendary items using real items instead of the usual, simple rare ones and adding affixes either outside the set ranges or stacking dozens upon them. Will you institute a checking system to ensure items should exist within the items' parameters, and either correct or delete the hacked items?

4. Duplicating is easy. It's so damn easy. Breathing and blinking barely require less skill! Are you going to kill the process?

These are my questions. I await your likely silence, a few responses agreeing with me and a number of trolls answering for you. Shock me with a response. Shock us all! The fact that a relevant portions of the streams I see on PlayStation 4 are cheaters streaming their hacked wares and boosted levels shows a slap in the face to your company and to your players. Again, cheaters are not players. They are vermin that need to be stopped with bait pellets passively, but if unsuccessful, you break out the sticky traps and carry their broken but alive bodies to the trash cans outside to become an eventual snack for the feral cats in the alley later that evening as nature obviously intended.

Your mistaken on a few things.

1. Blizzard have no way of telling what is in your save file as it is offline, it is on your console...the delevelling of LG's to 150 simply occurs when the game loads your save...if it finds gems above 150 it simply caps it. Blizzard cannot tell who has this...its just programmed into the game to do at load.

2. Apprentice mode does not delevel a person, it boosts the lower mode to a temporary higher level to match the higher player...and it doesn't work in hardcore mode thus they can't use this to delevel any paragons.

3. They introduced their very first check in 2.4 for Legendary Gems, many in the community ask they extend that to either all items or in the very least check any equipment slotted in any of the 13 slots and make sure they are in range...no-one is sure whether Blizzard will do that. Remember, not one official word from Blizzard has appeared explaining they were going to cal LG's at 150...the only source was Kotaku which is dumbfounding. Blizzard are silent in their own community on it.

4. Duping is hard to fix...they could force a save after dropping an item etc but what about backing up your save to PS+ cloud or USB stick...I could send you all my gear then restore my backup...nothing Blizzard can do about that given the D3 save is offline in nature and will not change...the fact Sony allow backing up and restoring of saves is not Blizzard's fault...they would then need to enforce online saves which blows their ethos of D3 being offline on consoles for couch co-op. Duping will never be "fixed".

You are new to here...we all have asked these questions and discussed them to death...Blizzard are simply not interested that much in the console version of D3 to fix or attempt to sort these issues.

Read the 31 page thread on the NG issue, its a huge issue affecting end game and Blizzard are silent on it.
@OP i agree with your point of view but ive been on this forum since diablo 3 conoles inception back on 360 in 2013 and let me tell yuh, this has been discussed and fought over well over 2,000 times that ive seen alone. We have argued for so long and the community has split into two. Theres the legit side and the hackers. And then there is kind of middle ground where the legit players dont care about the modders, they just choose not play with them. Thats where i am but i would love if modders were ridden of this game. We can only hope :)

and/or count down the days till may 24th.
#Overwatch
Stop inviting randoms, this is all your fault. How is it ,this is so hard for people to understand ?
idk dude, i just play 100% solo, self found, legit.

I have no patience for multiplayer games longer than a single rift. I might be missing out on higher GR runs but at the end of the day I know all my gains have been made by myself alone and that's enough of a reward to avoid hackers and modders 100% of the time any day.
There are things Blizzard could probably do to combat cheating through a patch but we're just left swinging in the wind. Duping will probably never be fixed, but that is what it is.
03/08/2016 11:45 AMPosted by Brogetoku
idk dude, i just play 100% solo, self found, legit.

I have no patience for multiplayer games longer than a single rift. I might be missing out on higher GR runs but at the end of the day I know all my gains have been made by myself alone and that's enough of a reward to avoid hackers and modders 100% of the time any day.

Same here. Cheers to that

The program used to mod this game is actually being offered from an MS Dev server.

What game(s)? All the ones I've ever played offer "plvling". Matter of fact Conqueror Online offered better drop rates for the high level players that plvl'd the lower ones.

This would be nice and shouldn't be hard to do.

It was built into the game, and should have been removed after beta testing at least (should have never made it out of alpha testing in my book)! Why it's still here is beyond reason!

The only answers I can come up with from decades of gaming (yes I was a kid when Home Pong was brand new) is someone at Blizzard thought the modding community was going to keep this game alive, like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (the best example of modders getting it right!). D3 will probably go down as the the default example of modders getting it all wrong. One would reason that Blizzard wouldn't want one of their titles as that example and step up (and maybe they will?)

Though I fear we're just going to have to wait out D4 (if that ever happens). Because as long as that program exists and backwards compatibility allows access to the save files, D3 will be a hot mess.
How can Blizzard stop duplicating when Sony allow the backup and restoration of saves?

Give all your gear away, restore your save boom you have all the gear again.

This is a limitation of offline saves. Nothing Blizzard can do about it since it is a Sony feature...

The only way to stop it is not allow the copying of the save or save online...both of which go against the design of D3 on consoles (Blizzard want people to play couch coop)...thus saving online cannot happen and not being able to copy save stops transferring it to other PS4's.
I am a new player and I started playing few weeks ago with a monk. I have put in few hundred hours into the game now, worked out the mechanics, rotation and slowly progressed to greater rift level 57. I felt that I couldn't move any further and started googling for progression guides as it seemed strange that players in public games could one shot bosses at rift 150 as I struggled with standard mobs at level 57. Few minutes ago I found this post, understood what's going on and removed the disc from the console. I will not play the game anymore as it was all a one big lie :-) turns out I was playing with cheaters who destroyed the whole game for me. Blizzard, this is disappointing. A shame on you.
1. I've seen and reported people to Sony for D3 modding (actively selling modded gear and streaming it) and they have been banned from PSN.

2. Apprentice Mode...no to giving this option to boosted paragon...not a great idea.

3. Play Seasons on next patch to eradicate modded gear. Doesn't seem likely they are going to add checks for non seasonal offline saves.

4. Duplicating is a byproduct of Sony's ability to restore saves, Blizzard can't do anything about it, again seasonal play in the next patch with online saves will eradicate this.
03/08/2016 10:50 AMPosted by Deadfall
Stop inviting randoms, this is all your fault. How is it ,this is so hard for people to understand ?

Why would this comment be down voted... it's the truth.
If the newer consoles can't be hacked yet, how is it I saw people with batwings and other wings that were only on PTR a couple patches ago and never made it to live? Those things couldn't have been in the code on older gen could they?
03/08/2017 02:31 PMPosted by HunterD333
If the newer consoles can't be hacked yet, how is it I saw people with batwings and other wings that were only on PTR a couple patches ago and never made it to live? Those things couldn't have been in the code on older gen could they?

The save editor for PS3 version of D3 UEE can add in things that are recognized by PS4 version...once they import from PS3 to PS4 presto you have the item.
03/08/2017 03:55 PMPosted by homerjnick
03/08/2017 02:31 PMPosted by HunterD333

The save editor for PS3 version of D3 UEE can add in things that are recognized by PS4 version...once they import from PS3 to PS4 presto you have the item.

Ah, I see. So for things like Bat Wings, they must be getting code from the PC version, putting it on last gen and then importing into current gen or were those things already in the game code since release? I wonder...
03/08/2017 07:00 PMPosted by HunterD333
03/08/2017 03:55 PMPosted by homerjnick

Ah, I see. So for things like Bat Wings, they must be getting code from the PC version, putting it on last gen and then importing into current gen or were those things already in the game code since release? I wonder...

nah, it is in the game just turned off so you can get it.

I have no idea when or if they will ever add them legit.
Just play Seasons, it won't be possible to cheat in seasons, so they will always be 100% legit.

Seasons are coming at the end of the month,