Lets talk PvP...

Brawling
I pre-ordered this game years ago with the promise of PvP and demos shown from E3... You all released the game without the content, that I had expected when I paid for the game. You apologized and said it would come in a later patch... When? If ever? should we expect this content... Why did you falsely advertise this content and promise it to your consumers in a later patch but have still failed to deliver ANY substantive pvp or arenas, even after patch after patch after patch, and with an expansion? More content of all kinds except what I bought the game for... Really disappointing, yet another time by you blizzard, this may be the last straw, can't trust you all anymore.
They don't always do as they promised. And the guy who promised pvp got fired, ie Jay Wilson aka 'we doubled it'.
Let's not.
there is pvp
not the arena style the showed a demo of at e3...
thats called evolution

adapt or die
The PvP you are looking for is in Heroes of the Storm. You have all the playable D3 characters and plenty more from the Diablo universe. Thank me later.
02/28/2016 02:11 AMPosted by WildPants
there is pvp

Where?
Thi can not call PVP.
An Arena-area and no balance between items and classes and without game mode?Really?Is a joke?

02/28/2016 03:39 AMPosted by Crimnor
The PvP you are looking for is in Heroes of the Storm. You have all the playable D3 characters and plenty more from the Diablo universe.

In years '90 in D2 the pvp has been a key part of that, was born a world back it with importants sites, clans and ladder clans....

Hey, guys, i respect ur opinions, really, but if u don't know of what u talk, wait 10 sec before do that.
good game to all.
when this game revolves around generating as much mainstat as possible for strength no one will ever pvp , given that that time could be better spend gaining xp
It's too late in D3 to come up with a PVP system other than brawling. This should be reserve for next expansion or D4.
D2 PVP was a joke. really killing from off screen, camping the town gate and trying to get players bodies to pop when they rezed. Tack onto that the page full of rules that dictated which skills and gear you could use based on class.
I was there from day one and I saw it all. I was there when you could hostile and was there when that was removed.
I feel 4x4 arena went away when they switched to the 3D rendering graphics system. The Pvp we saw early was not using that system.
We don't understand....today in this game bet only to "power char unidirectional mode" is wrong!
I'm tired to write the same things so

02/27/2016 03:24 AMPosted by drallo82
Currently although D3 has an end-game that the predecessors had not It has not resolved the problem who had also D1 and D2 that is "unidirectionality power character".
To you it may seem most players push to only power game mode. it's wrong, in reality that is a minimum part. The most part of players is fragmented.
Generally without going into details
There are players that are pushed in contrast to their approach and style of play.(most players)
There are players who are cut off because there 'is no margin of choice.(most players)
That 's what we must add to d2 and not a new road that changes everything and nothing changes.
Here are some examples:
(I do not want to dwell on the details perhaps unnecessarily even though I very detailed ideas about it, are just small ideas)

PVP
Mode totally apart(chars slots including)
Rework and balance of abilities and items a part
Modes games
ecc..ecc.

Clan and Social system developed
Clan levels with little rewards system also temporary
ecc..ecc...

monthly events(within the reach of all) with rewards
reintroduction of the old skills and points system features
stop monsters with active skills cartoonish, reintroduce immunities to type damages and older
features ecc...ecc...
ecc...

we need to think more in great today!
ok, Friends, i respect ur ideas, but if many people want pvp, why not?Nobody obliges who is contrary to play it.
02/28/2016 04:16 AMPosted by drallo82
we need to think more in great today!
ok, Friends, i respect ur ideas, but if many people want pvp, why not?Nobody obliges who is contrary to play it.

Agree. Most people who want pvp already moved to other games, thats why now forum like this.

Pvp is totally viable in D3. Just make bigger arena, and make skills do % damage against other players as a good start.
LOL nobody was "promised" anything. I think it's hilarious that some people are still clinging to a video made over 5 years ago and are still salty about it not coming out. Want to know why it never made it in the release version of the game? Because it sucked. PVP was trash in D2 and it would have been trash in this game.

The time to let it go happened years ago, move on. Play hots or another game that was actually designed for pvp.
02/28/2016 05:30 AMPosted by Dietrich
LOL nobody was "promised" anything. I think it's hilarious that some people are still clinging to a video made over 5 years ago and are still salty about it not coming out. Want to know why it never made it in the release version of the game? Because it sucked. PVP was trash in D2 and it would have been trash in this game.

The time to let it go happened years ago, move on. Play hots or another game that was actually designed for pvp.

first go play hots retard checkin in
hi
View profile
I pre-ordered this game years ago with the promise of PvP and demos shown from E3...

Starting with this line is not going to help one bit.
Some Heroes are fighting in an area near here, wanna go?

Oh and you didn't hear about this from me!
I've alway been a fan of pvp since d1 ( sorcerer fireball duel ) in d2, while some pleople may say it was trash is probably because they haven't play it long enought or wasnt ''endgame geared''

Druid tornado/atkspeed bear, pally smite/hammer/charge/zeal, barb whirldwind/berserk, sorceress blizzard/frozen orb, necro bone spirit/bone spear, amazone guided/multi shot. They were ALL COMPETETIVE BUILD

I've played d2 pvp for maybe 4-5 year, and one thing that made me loved it. SKILL DID matter. With the teleport addition, usualy the better player would win with equal gear.

I did play some pvp in d3 ( with friends) and even if it was some kind of oneshot feast it was still fun. Had to use my immunity on the right timing, hit them also on the right timing.

What i would like to see is not : COMPETITIVE BALANCED PVP(would require way to much effort in balancing something that is not their priority) but just more accessible pvp with tiny reward to not make us feel our time is wasted.

More accessible pvp: Adjust the brawler mode to be a game mode like story/adventure is.
What this will accomplish: no more ''farm check'' t1 to t10 to see if someone is there. 1 Game mode with no difficulty is all needed. This will make those who wanna have fun pvp'ing even if its not perfectly balanced will be freely to do so and easier.

Then we make it A MINIMUM compelling (not wasting time)
Lets say we give 5 bloodshard per kill. Knowing we can do 100+ in like 5min run into the rift and even more in gr.

Lets say we play 20m and someone can get a kill every 30s. 40kill for 20min with give us 200 bloodshard. Its really nothing ! in 20min farming we can get 500-600 bs !

If brawler become a game mode with no difficulty maybe we can do something like 30% DR for everyone in this game mode (trying to prevent the oneshot situation).

I'll say it as last, with all the build out there: in gr aoe build with % area damage is king for sure. But for pvp its hard to know really, so many ability that double our thoughness, so many ability that make us immute... it would be really fun to see all the different build out there.

I used to think DH where annoying with their trap and perma smoke but rightnow, with all the lastest change to immnute cd procing after the ability is finish, theres no perma immnune anymore witch leave us for many interessing build.

I really feel like EVERY class has good build option to give a good fight to any other class. There will be player who will find out optimal build that may rekt everyone else but cmon that perso spend his time trying different build to do it. Its fair enough, plus i feel like with all the possibility its almost impossible to have 1 optimal build for everyone when each of us play differently like different ability and so on.

The idea behind it would be to make pvp more accessible with minimal effort from blizzard since they're really focused into how to solve the current probleme that has gr/paragon farming etc.

One last thing, thats the nature of these kind of game, if your P500 and a P3000 come into your game, well yea he played 20x more than you it probably mean he ''grinded'' his way to win it.

PVP isnt mean to be balanced, but for those who are P500 and fight and win agains the noob P3000 (because pvp isnt like gr, skill will alway have a better impact on the outcome) and WIN. It gonna feel good. Because in the end, the one that will win is who is timed better and hit their mark on the right timing.

Hopefully some people think like me.
Thanks for reading and have a good day everyone !
Where?
Thi can not call PVP.
An Arena-area and no balance between items and classes and without game mode?Really?Is a joke?

And at this point in the game you think a real PvP arena would be any different ? lol.

They would have to nerf everything into the ground strictly for pvp, making an entirely different mode and all new stats to mitigate "balance"..

Jay Wilson is still on FB. I'm sure you could ask him where his plans for Diablos PvP lies in his release schedule. ;).