Diablo 3.3 { If you could design the version 3.0 }

General Discussion
1.o The hype was there... we all enjoyed a good: 1-2 weeks and then :(
A.H. Made a big 50 usd out of 1M gold and moved on.
The missing promise - lets not talk about that...
2.o Was massive for Ros and
2.4 Was Amazing for its free cosmetic reward if you were diligent enough to
get through the Challenge of the set dungeons
What if you were to design
3.o this time around? You chose!
What Content would you toss in there to brighten up the future of Diablo?

Feel free use anything you want
from Lore to any little detail that you fantasize about :p

On my end, it was a fun (and long) run, but as I was getting closer to p999 and plvl666 (cumulative after S5) on hardcore, I must admit that my will faltered and I dont see myself going through these 900 gr keys. So what would you do to bring back the good ol' gory-glory?
In my version I would:

REMOVE:

- set dungeons
- seasons & leaderboards
- paragon
- greater rifts (and keystones DUH!!)
- spell damage being dependent on weapon damage
- blood shards
- useless affixes like Area Damage and +500 XP from monster kills at max level

CHANGE:

- replace Kadala with Gheed's ghost, and you can now gamble with gold.
- Legendary gems would now drop from super-unique monsters, bosses & Rift Guardians with a random "upgrade" level, meaning you'll no longer grind grifts to upgrade them.
- Weapons can now have a maximum of 4 sockets, chest armor a max of 6, helm a max of 3. Naturally, gem stats would be significantly reduced to compensate for increase of sockets.
- each skill would have its own damage values which can be upgraded with points OR buff attributes on items.

ADD:

- Retrospective Mode: the complete story mode of Diablo and Diablo 2 (including Baal) remastered in the current D3 engine.
- ports of every past individual class (Warrior, Rogue, Amazon, Necromancer, Sorceress, Druid, Assassin etc except for D2 Barbarian, D1 Mage & Hellfire Monk).
- Talisman with charms, & jewels, runewords.
- spell books with 100s of new learn-able spells & skills, there would be a separate skill page for them.
- items with brand new global and class-specific oskills. some can also be obtained by spell books, others only via items. you should be able to extract oskills to equip in Kanai's cube for a max of 2 cubed skills.
- 5th skill slot......there's no such thing as too much power
- 100 stash pages
- OFFLINE MODE completely separate from online play, wouldn't allow you to use your offline heroes in coop games, because we don't want a repeat of Open Bnet.

That's all I got off the top of my head. More to come later when I've had a chance to think about it.
Fantastic!
There are a couple things I'd bring in

1) Kanai Cube crafting recipes for white items.

Just for food for thought, in Diablo 2, you could craft items in the Horadric Cube that were just as good as some top tier uniques.(For instance, a Caster's Amulet could be just as good as a Mara's Kaleidoscope)

2) Bring back Skill and Attribute points so we can better customize our builds.

3) Runewords (Runes for Socket's that can make specialized bonuses)

4) Modify the stacking CC penalty. I don't think they should get rid of it, but the quick escalation of CC immunity pretty much negates CC as a viable build, which is kinda stupid. We should be going for MORE build diversity, not less. I'd either modify the CC immunity that elites have, or remove them entirely and give elites a chance to shrug off CC, that get's bigger in proportion to their power

5) Some more parity with the end game sets. Crusader is a perfect example of this. Who the hell uses Akkhan's?
why remove paragon many players play to reach high paragon that is the point of leveling and rifting?
Remove:

- Adventure Mode.
- Power Creep
- Infinite Scaling
- 10 of the difficulty modes
- Useless affixes such as Reduced level reqiurement, +Exp, CC-chances

Change:
- Bounties to be small quests unlocked after story has been completed and selected for game objective
- Paragon levels gain more interesting options and a cap that doesn't make all maxable - basically a skill-point system past max level.
- Items gain fewer random affixes
- A lot of the skills and runes, basicly runes becomes utility for skills and elemental bonus. ie. For Hydra the rune will only change the element damage of the Hydra - everything else will be the same more or less.
- Greater rifts has a soft cap around level 55 at the current version - and all gems cap at 55
- Normal difficulty stays the same. Torment 1 is changed to Nightmare, Torment 6 is Hell, Torment 10 is called Inferno.
- Remove socket from Jewelries, instead they have a gem select you can fill at the Jeweler with one of the unlocked legendary gems stored on account, and "taught to Artisan" same as recipies
- Fix a lot of items that doesn't perform well or have a proper role.

Add:
- Re-introduce Trials as "How high can you go"-challenge with rewards based on progress, kills etc.
- 2 new classes, a shapeshifter type, and a spear/bow class
- PvP Arena, a standalone mode where you can mix a match perfect items found/unlocked when found in Campaign mode
- Add a new challenge area where you fight multiple bosses in a boss challenge, like a rift of only elites designed to reward a lot of experience and DB's but not many legendaries
- More items for followers, even full sets

And probably a lot more, but can't come to think of anymore right now
02/25/2016 06:33 PMPosted by LMSskeletor
Fantastic!

I know :), tell Blizzard to hire me NOW.

02/26/2016 03:55 AMPosted by STALKERKG
why remove paragon many players play to reach high paragon that is the point of leveling and rifting?

Correction: many players BOT to reach high paragon.
I want OFFLINE MODE; I belive Modders could make a much better Game out of this mess, than what blizz did until now....and I belive blizz is also aware of it and that this is the real reason why we will never get offline mode for pc -.- ....
- reduce all set/legy damage bonuses by 99% (multiplicative).
- cap paragon at 800 (will take long enough to reach without OP-sets)
- 4-6 random affixes instead of this boring & !@#$ty 4/2 affix system
- make adventure mode and rift on par droprate-wise
#1 - decouple the PC game from requirements set for the console.

Once that's done, all other suggestions become easier to evaluate on their own merits within the context of the respective platform.
02/27/2016 05:09 AMPosted by MKD
I want OFFLINE MODE; I belive Modders could make a much better Game out of this mess, than what blizz did until now....and I belive blizz is also aware of it and that this is the real reason why we will never get offline mode for pc -.- ....

They don't want hackers getting their hands on the game's files and figuring out how to make hacked stuff on online mode which would make this like the hell that is the console version....plus it kinda deters piracy.
02/25/2016 06:09 PMPosted by AttilaTheHun
- set dungeons
- seasons & leaderboards
- paragon
- greater rifts (and keystones DUH!!)
- spell damage being dependent on weapon damage
- blood shards
- useless affixes like Area Damage and +500 XP from monster kills at max level

CHANGE:

- replace Kadala with Gheed's ghost, and you can now gamble with gold.
- Legendary gems would now drop from super-unique monsters, bosses & Rift Guardians with a random "upgrade" level, meaning you'll no longer grind grifts to upgrade them.
- Weapons can now have a maximum of 4 sockets, chest armor a max of 6, helm a max of 3. Naturally, gem stats would be significantly reduced to compensate for increase of sockets.
- each skill would have its own damage values which can be upgraded with points OR buff attributes on items.

area damage useless (funny, the other day i heard wiz can hit for trillions with it through the awful group meta)? remove grifts and other content but not giving anything else to replace them? huh, you are wrong on so many levels...

I would do many things, if someone check my forum threads, 100% of those are game suggestions.....
02/27/2016 05:29 AMPosted by Alukat
- reduce all set/legy damage bonuses by 99% (multiplicative).
- cap paragon at 800 (will take long enough to reach without OP-sets)
- 4-6 random affixes instead of this boring & !@#$ty 4/2 affix system
- make adventure mode and rift on par droprate-wise

You are like the tea party of diablo, bro xD its almost like you are asking to bring back 1.0.
02/27/2016 11:32 AMPosted by Risen
its almost like you are asking to bring back 1.0.

more like 1.08 ;) that would make D3 worthwile again ^^
Remove
6 piece sets
Sets funnel everyone into to same default builds, so if you would remove them, it would skyrocket build diversity into the billions.
Botting
Self-explanatory

Change
Passive Skills
You now can put points into passive skills instead of just selecting them
Legendaries
Legendaries shouldn't just be extensions of 6 piece sets and they shouldn't have boring, uninspired special affixes - give them something really creative & unique, and if you need assistance, ask the community.
Paragon System
Really needs an overhaul

Add
PvP arenas
Self-explanatory
Balance
Devs should focus on balancing the game, especially skills
02/27/2016 01:28 PMPosted by clueso
Legendaries shouldn't just be extensions of 6 piece sets and they shouldn't have boring, uninspired special affixes - give them something really creative & unique, and if you need assistance, ask the community.

ask the community?.... the same community that brought all that !@#$ over us?
and if you need assistance, ask the community.

the majority of a community doesn't understand balance and what is good for the game - all you can get is a bit of inspiration.
Remove
6 piece sets
Sets funnel everyone into to same default builds, so if you would remove them, it would skyrocket build diversity into the billions.
Botting
Self-explanatory

Change
Passive Skills
You now can put points into passive skills instead of just selecting them
Legendaries
Paragon System
Really needs an overhaul

Add
PvP arenas
Self-explanatory
Balance
Devs should focus on balancing the game, especially skills

Mmmyup. Definitely... but thats more work than the game itself xD
In my version of Diablo 3.3 I'd:

Ovet night completely errase every account and upon logging into D3 it would say

Happy Birthday.......screen fads to black....... Fires errupt a cloaked figure is seen walking out of flames......

The title appears Diablo II Lord of Destruction remake HD
Digital Presales/Preorders of the next D3 Expansion include a free copy of D2 LOD HD one month before it's released.
1. Add charms with a separate inventory space just for charms.
2. Swords now get up to 6 sockets (with 6 socket swords being extremely rare), shields get up to 6 sockets, armor up to 6 sockets, helms up to 4 sockets, etc.
3. Rare and Legendary gems with interesting and power stats similar to d2 that aren't related to grifts; they are just very rare but can drop anywhere.
4. Runes and Runewords, with the highest similar to d2, extremely rare and hard to find.
5. Legendaries with stats that grow similar to d2, but in d3 it's based on paragon level.
6. Make magic find great again.
7. Instead of everything just being "wand" or "helm", add special names and have super rare legendaries like d2 had ("tiara", "diadem", "swirling orb", "caduceus", "crystal sword", "war sword", "gothic shield", "ancient armor", etc). Seeing the letters "Wyrmhide boots" or "Boneweave boots" in silvery gold color on the ground is a million times more exciting than just "boots".