Remove Account Wide Paragon After Paragon 800

General Discussion
If you have no plans to fix the problems causing the huge power/defence disrespency between players with very high paragons at least limit it to the class they build the paragons on. Remove account wide paragon after they reach 800 and only allow them to build additional paragons on the character they are playing.

This way someone with paragon 4K can't rule the leaderboard on with all classes on the solo leaderboards just because he plays more than everyone else on one character. This also makes it more even for those who stick to just one class and dont form to the meta (Op class of the patch)

Why should someone who plays a barb, monk or wizard the whole time be able to create a new class and dump all that earned paragon from one class into another class without putting any hours into the new class. This can easily be fixed with the next patch by giving the player the option to allocate all of their current paragons over 800 to one class (or split it up).
Even though i agree with the need of this, i don't see why other legit players should be penalized for ppl who "abuse" the power creep... paragon system needs a complete rework, not this... a simple nerf at least (+5 bonus per level lowered to 2 or 3, limit at 2000 again?!)..
play more that is the fix
02/27/2016 10:25 AMPosted by Jumpman
If you have no plans to fix the problems causing the huge power/defence disrespency between players with very high paragons at least limit it to the class they build the paragons on. Remove account wide paragon after they reach 800 and only allow them to build additional paragons on the character they are playing.

This way someone with paragon 4K can't rule the leaderboard on all solo leaderboards just because he plays more than everyone else. Its simple to fix it, when the new patch comes give them an option to allocate all current paragons over 800 to one class.

Stop whining. Some people play 16+ hours a day, some don't.
It's too late to change it now. The problems should never have been allowed in the first place. The paragon system was poorly initiated (like most things the devs have done.).

This is they system, we need to live with it. The game is more than 4 years old. They should be preparing for D4.
02/27/2016 11:39 AMPosted by Aurin

This way someone with paragon 4K can't rule the leaderboard on all solo leaderboards just because he plays more than everyone else. Its simple to fix it, when the new patch comes give them an option to allocate all current paragons over 800 to one class.

That's fine, if I'm maining a wizard and I don't conform to the meta every season and I or 3k hours into my wizard I should get a benefit (paragons) over those who only play the meta and switch classes every season for efficiency. Why should I be punished for punished for outting all my hours into a class I enjoy when someone who has never played a wizard with 4K paragon could create and win number 1 in no time.

It's fair to ask for this difference to be locked to one class at a time, then it wouldn't be as much of a problem.
You realize a DH has completed a rank 1-5 GR this season using 0 dex paragon points? My point is you're still not then going to address the immense amount of power you get from lvl105 gem and 90+ augments.
What you are saying is punish the person that plays 16+ hours a day so that the rest of us that play less don't look like casuals?

No matter what you do to fix the "power creep" the person that plays more will be stronger. Hell I wish I had the time to gain all those points too. You cannot punish a person for playing a game. We all have the same options just not the same amount of time to play.

I do agree there needs to be something done about the giant span in strength between players but punishing players for playing is not the correct answer.

You may be onto something though. Class wide paragon verses account wide might be something to consider? Then again maybe not?
Why do you care so much about paragon? Paragon is only mainly use for end game greater rift pushing. To be quite honest, leaderboard are not for casual player. It's made for no life peeps or gamer who made it they're job to be on there.

Find out what your end game is. I know my end game is to find an almost complete ancient set and build for each character. When I'm done with that, I wait for the next season.
Very simple solution. Don't care about leaderboards. Problem solved.
Remove account wide paragon after they reach 800

says the 1 who has only 1 char wich is lv 1 roflmao
no more to say,troll
02/28/2016 04:59 AMPosted by Herethebeef
Very simple solution. Don't care about leaderboards. Problem solved.

This
I dont understand why people even care about leaderboards. It means absolutely nothing. It doesn't require skills to get to top 10. You just need to invest tons of time farming for that perfect gear so you can play that cookie cutter build and hopefully you land a good GR with only slow melee monsters. Oh yea and either run bot or play 24/7 to grind paragons so you get that extra primary stats....

Ranking in games like SC2 or LoL actually require skills and therefore actually means something. This game requires nothing other than running bots or having no life to land the top 10 in ldeaderboard. It baffles me when people take D3 leadrerboard seriously.
02/28/2016 05:58 AMPosted by Gomgomi
I dont understand why people even care about leaderboards. It means absolutely nothing. It doesn't require skills to get to top 10. You just need to invest tons of time farming for that perfect gear so you can play that cookie cutter build and hopefully you land a good GR with only slow melee monsters. Oh yea and either run bot or play 24/7 to grind paragons so you get that extra primary stats....

Ranking in games like SC2 or LoL actually require skills and therefore actually means something. This game requires nothing other than running bots or having no life to land the top 10 in ldeaderboard. It baffles me when people take D3 leadrerboard seriously.

It's more than just perfect gear, paragon can make you 50-200% more powerful by just being paragon 2k or 5k over someone that's barley 800. Since power comes from farming the idea to only apply it to one after 800 is good. If you main a barb the whole time you should be allowed the benefit to get ahead over the person that confirms to the meta every time by switching characters to be the most efficient.

Honestly, it's kinda ridiculous to be able to start a brand new character and dump hundreds or thousands of paragon points intone new class even it before it even leaves town. This penalizes the players who only main one class or don't conform to the meta and switch to the new op class of the season.
Updated post since it didn't reflect everything I wanted to say right, lol
02/27/2016 11:39 AMPosted by Aurin

Some people probably played 16+ hours a day back in D2. They couldn't go past 99. Your point is invalid.

The complaints regarding paragon are all about how inconsistent this game is with the previous one. It shouldn't be all about time spent.

Paragon should be redesigned and should have a cap.
And here we go again, the same few People complaining .....mimimimi. Some of them havent Played since D3 Vanilla.
Post on your main so we can see how many paragon points you really have.
03/11/2016 11:51 AMPosted by Jumpman
Updated post since it didn't reflect everything I wanted to say right, lol

No difference made..........

This way someone with paragon 4K can't rule the leaderboard on with all classes on the solo leaderboards just because he plays more than everyone else on one character. This also makes it more even for those who stick to just one class and dont form to the meta (Op class of the patch)

Why should someone who plays a barb, monk or wizard the whole time be able to create a new class and dump all that earned paragon from one class into another class without putting any hours into the new class. This can easily be fixed with the next patch by giving the player the option to allocate all of their current paragons over 800 to one class (or split it up).

Remove yourself from existence.