Sets should be 4 pieces.

General Discussion
6 is too many. Discuss.
dis•cuss /dɪˈskʌs/ v. [~ + object]1.to consider or examine by argument;
debate:He was happy to discuss anything with her.

dis•cuss (di skus′),
v.t. 1.to consider or examine by argument, comment, etc.;
talk over or write about, esp. to explore solutions;
debate:to discuss the proposed law on taxes.
[Civil Law.] ◾to collect a debt from (the person primarily liable) before proceeding against the person secondarily liable.
◾to execute against the movable property of (a debtor) before proceeding against the debtor's immovable property, as land.
2.[Rare.]to consume (food or drink) enthusiastically.
3.[Obs.]to make known;
reveal.

Etymology:➜ Latin discussus struck asunder, shaken, scattered, past participle of discutere, equivalent. to dis- dis-1 + -cutere (combining form of quatere to shake, strike)
➜ Anglo-French discusser)
➜ Middle English ( 1300–50
dis•cuss′er, n.
dis•cuss′a•ble, dis•cuss′i•ble, adj.
Syn. 1 . reason, deliberate. See argue.

Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::

discuss /dɪˈskʌs/ vb (transitive)1.to have a conversation about; consider by talking over; debate
2.to treat (a subject) in speech or writing
Etymology: 14th Century: from Late Latin discussus examined, from discutere to investigate, from Latin: to dash to pieces, from dis-1 + quatere to shake, strike

•disˈcussant, disˈcusser n •disˈcussible, disˈcussable adj
02/26/2016 11:30 PMPosted by Baklanofskii
6 is too many. Discuss.

You first. Give us your reasoning and your arguments to make your case.
6 is too many. Discuss.

No it's not. Discussion concluded.
Sets should not exist at all - they are the cancer of this game and the reason why the itemization design in this game is completely broken.

- Sets are so OP that you are forced to use them if you wanna be efficient.

- Most legendaries are just extensions of sets - they have totally boring special affixes instead of being really creative and unique.

- Sets funnel everyone into the same preset builds

- Sets do not support all skills and so many builds people would like to play are therefore not endgame viable.

tl:dr
Please, if you ever should make Diablo 4 or something similar, never ever implement sets
6piece sets are horrible design
same goes to infinite scaling and this horrible, horrible paragon system
and so much more
Sets are fine, we just need more of them that add more variety and build on current skills that are never used at level 70 (Looking at you Rapid Fire), and some tuned a bit more to be as competitive as the other sets.

If you are so against sets, you can just equip Legacy of Nightmare rings (oh crude, it's a set too!) and have at it. Diablo has always had sets.
6 is too many. Discuss.

too late.

discuss solution?

you think the Devs should retroactively nerf/jack items people have spent many hours and materials to reforge/enchant? Retroactive nerfs to items are a quick way to make people /ragequit head to forums for weeks to complain, blahblah

I think sets are too big too but-

TOO LATE
Reduce the set requirement to 4 pieces at most then remove RoRG

But not existing at all sounds better. But one can't deny how many elements in D3 fit poorly together.
6 is too many. Discuss.

6 is just right. Discuss.

See throwing "Discuss" after a statement isn't a substitute for providing an actual reason. It looks stupid.
02/27/2016 12:06 AMPosted by clueso
Sets should not exist at all

sets should exist. However they shouldn't be totally overpowered....
put it this way,
you think 6 is too many? think of LON. 13 pieces.
anyone say set is too op want no set then LON will be next. i dont like the odd.
02/26/2016 11:42 PMPosted by AttilaTheHun
dis•cuss /dɪˈskʌs/ v. [~ + object]1.to consider or examine by argument;
debate:He was happy to discuss anything with her.

Best post today.

Sets are fine, 6 is also a good number fewer is a bad idea because the power creep of non set items is the worst part of the game as they vary and therefore create larger distance between players and make balancing more challenging.

02/27/2016 12:06 AMPosted by clueso
Sets should not exist at all - they are the cancer of this game and the reason why the itemization design in this game is completely broken.

Sets are probably the best part of the game and the itemization at the moment. So your entire post is invalid imo.
I think if they took up fewer slots, it would provide for greater itemization diversity. Shoulders and boots go, and we see more badass legendaries like nilfurs, you could make shoulders a slot for a badass class specific aura, ie demon hunters shoulders can give 10-15% attack speed. This would provide class diversity in parties as auras don't stack. I'm not saying retroactive, this would be an expac 2 change.
Imo this game has too many items, too many paragon levels and not enough fun.
02/27/2016 06:33 AMPosted by Clownnut
you think 6 is too many? think of LON. 13 pieces.

There wouldn't even need to restrict it to the LON ring set.

They could just make it that with no set bonuses active, every ancient item equipped adds 100% damage and 4% less damage taken.
The only thing I wish is that some of the sets had a different piece or an extra one, so I can mix more sets together.
I could do without sets. Everything is funneled right to them which means Blues , Yellows and 90% of normal legends will never be used. I had more fun with the loot game when I was looking for yellows to boost my builds instead of completing a set in a day or 2 and then instantly being T7+ with little effort.
Sets should have 7 or 8 pieces each with a max set bonus of 6. This way we can have some illusion of choice on which one we wear, since we have to wear them these days.

Even LoN a should have been something like a amulet and not a set itself..
02/27/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Mimir
Sets should have 7 or 8 pieces each with a max set bonus of 6. This way we can have some illusion of choice on which one we wear, since we have to wear them these days.

Even LoN a should have been something like a amulet and not a set itself..
. Why not leave it as 6 pieces but make the set bbonus only 4 pieces. Isn't that the same? Plus you could wear more sets with a smaller set bonus requirement.