Ultimate LoN Sader Guide from a Top 10 Sader

Crusader
Disclaimer: This guide has compiled information from many sources. Its purpose is as simple as helping other Crusaders clear higher GRs.
Like/Upvote if it was useful.

- Update

Just Cleared a GR91 - Achieved Rank5. - Saved power for the boss, got Arreat Crater lvl2 layout (1 big map). - No conduit, power & speed were the only pylons i got.
Time to try some 92's.
If you need any advice feel free to add me in game @ CALLMEOCT#1144

- Update
How to ''Spawn pylons'' -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t3Q1e9ntUI

You start the GR with 0% Progression - 1% progression increases your chances of finding a pylon by 3%. Meaning that @30% progression your chances of finding a pylon are equal to 90%+ (Pylon is going to be located on the next undiscovered spawn near you).
After you find the pylon, you are going back to 0% increasing your chances by 3% every 1% you clear on the GR.

- Update
Alot of people are looking for some higher gr playstyle video, our Top Solo Crusader Anthony #12870 cleared a GR91 with LoN. After talking to him, he let me put his video in here, so make sure you guys check this video, and also his stream! - Regards, OCT.

Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/metaclassx

Video: https://www.twitch.tv/metaclassx/v/56678135

Set up
Skills:
Bombardment/Barrels of Spikes
Shield Glare/Divine Verdict
Steed Charge/Spiked Boarding
Iron Skin/Reflective Skin
Condemn/Vacuum
Akarat's Champion/Prophet

Passives:

Iron Maiden
Indestructible
Finery
Lord Commander: Granted by Hellfire Amulet
Fervor

Legendary Gems:

Bane of the stricken– Rank 99 (Flexible - Powerful and Esoteric could be used!)
Boyarsky's Chip – Rank 100
Bane of the trapped– Rank 99

Items (All Ancient):

Helm: Leoric's Crown
Shoulder: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King (BIS) - or Invokers (Easy to roll perfect Stats)
Amulet: Hellfire Amulet
Chest: Heart of Iron (or Aquila Cuirass and cube Heart of Iron)
Bracer: StrongArm Bracers
Gloves: St. Archew's Gage
Ring: Litany of the Undaunted
Ring: The Wailing Host
Belt: Belt of the Trove
Legs: Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan
Boots: Illusory Boots
Shield: Lidless Wall
Weapon: Swiftmount, Sunkeeper, or Doombringer (I cleared 89 with Swiftmount) - It clearly doable with one of them, if you feel comfortable with SK or have a good DB, go for it!

Why is Sunkeeper more powerful than Doombringer?
Because 30% damage to elites stacks multiplicatively with other damage % increases like physical and bombardment %. Here is the mathematical proof:

100 * 1.30 (elite) * 1.60 (physical) * 1.30 (bombardment) = 270.4

100 * 1.80 (physical) * 1.30 (bombardment) = 234

------------------Added by Hotz------------------

03/08/2016 08:55 AMPosted by Hotz
Um Doombringer has an extra Primary compared to most weapons (like Sunkeeper & Swiftmount). So it's 20% Physical AND 1000 vit vs. 30% Elite being the other rolls are equal (CDR/Area Damage/Socket). Might want to include that if you want a truly comprehensive guide.

Cube

The Mortal Drama
Aquila Cuirass or Hearth of Iron.
Convention of Elements

Stat Priority

CDR until about 61.5% (this is a critical number to hit, as it will allow you to sync bombardment with convention of elements)
Strength (Stack Caldesann's Despair, level 70 gem minimum, you should aim for 20k+ strength)
Physical % Damage
Bombardment % Damage
Area Damage
Thorns (only roll this secondary on an item if the primary stats are awesome, you should be seeing 200-300k thorns sheet damage)
Vitality (this is important because of Heart of Iron, but not nearly as strong as strength)
Everything else is worthless (yes, even CHC and CHD)

Follower
Use a templar and choose all of his healing skills and max out CDR on all of his applicable gear. He should have around 42% CDR to maximize his healing spells on you and 43% block chance to CC groups.

Optimal Gear:

Trinket with follower cannot die & blocking
The Butcher's Sickle (groups them quite effectively for bombardment)
The Ess of Johan (more grouping)
Justice Lantern (blocking)
Oculus Ring (damage proc)
Freeze of Deflection (CC on blocking, make sure it has blocking on it)
You can also go for thunderfury + wyrdward combo on follower.

Paragon Points:

Core: Movement speed up to 25%.
In my case, im splitting 1/1 Vit & Str (Im almost at 2K Paragon). - This gives me alot of EHP (i didnt die a single time on my GR89 clear). - And also grants me some thorns.
CDR. - Everything else on that tab is useless.
Area Dmg. - Everything else on that tab is useless.
All Res then Life% then Armor.

Playstyle
You are using Condemn - Vacuum, wich helps alot, also, your follower (if properly equiped) will look like a pull monk. Cast Vacuum as much as you can, and try to pack mobs.

Proc of Condemn will give you a 20/30% dmg increase using Strongarms. Save a cast for the last 3 seconds before Physical, Cast Iron Skin right after and then Bombardment.

You want to cast your bombardment BEFORE phys. This improves your dmg, granting every single bomb to hit the ground right when phys starts, giving a potential dmg buff.

On big areas, with mobs that deal huge amount of damage, i usually try to stay away from them and keep my back on a wall (this allows you to avoid 360° incomming dmg).
Try to cast akkarat champion before the CoE cycle, run into the pack of mobs and start doing it.
You want to stay running with your horse around the monsters when you do the cycle cause you want BotT to proc and also the higher ammount of barrels to drop where mobs are packed.

-----------------------FAQ-----------------------

At GR89 - Do you kill Yellow Elites?
No - I skip them.

What about blues?
Blues are most of the times easy to kill, if you can get alot of white mobs around them, probable 2/3 cycles can destroy them.

Did you save a pylon for your 89 clear?
No, i didnt, but i did save a channeling on my 87. Its not a big deal, you can kill the boss on 89 within 2 mins and 30 seconds.

Value Pylons: Try to get the most value out of a pylon, if you see a shield pylon, try to aggro all the map if possible casting vacuum, and take the pylon right before your Physical proc.
Taking the pylon right before Phys is going to give you way more value (Try to do this with every pylon, not just shield).

Im dying alot, is there a way to improve my EHP?
Yes, remove Bane of the Stricken and go for Esoteric.

Should i use Diamonds on my sockets?

Yes, for GR75+ i strongly recommend you to use Diamonds. When doing something less than 75 you could probably go for Str Gems.

Why don't you use nemesis?
Indeed, i did use them up to GR85. You can use them if your wearing a Sun Keeper and killing elites (wich im most of the times skipping).
Nemesis is a must in my opinion for GR80 or lower.

Have a question? Let me know!

Oct - Leader of Clan iJaG -

------------------------ R e S e r V e D ------------------------
Thanks for the write up mon, well written and clear in relation to gearing choices pertaining to content and decision making in the rift.+1
Really nice guide thanks for putting in the time. That being said I really hope they nerf this build is about the worst play style I have ever played on crusader. I'm game for having thorns as a build but the way this works is simply retarded. Invoker is more how a thorns sader should be played.

I am probably going to get lots of down votes for this but that's how it goes. I just hope that hammerdin or blessed shield or shield bash and sweep get the buffs needed to make this build a thing of the past.
Great guide!

EXCEPT

03/08/2016 06:17 AMPosted by CALLMEOCT
Because 30% damage to elites stacks multiplicatively with other damage % increases like physical and bombardment %. Here is the mathematical proof:

Um Doombringer has an extra Primary compared to most weapons (like Sunkeeper & Swiftmount). So it's 20% Physical AND 1000 vit vs. 30% Elite being the other rolls are equal (CDR/Area Damage/Socket). Might want to include that if you want a truly comprehensive guide.
03/08/2016 08:55 AMPosted by Hotz
Great guide!

EXCEPT

Edit: main post was edited and added Hotz clarification. Thanks for the constructive feedback.
03/08/2016 06:57 AMPosted by BladeMaster
Really nice guide thanks for putting in the time. That being said I really hope they nerf this build is about the worst play style I have ever played on crusader. I'm game for having thorns as a build but the way this works is simply retarded. Invoker is more how a thorns sader should be played.

I am probably going to get lots of down votes for this but that's how it goes. I just hope that hammerdin or blessed shield or shield bash and sweep get the buffs needed to make this build a thing of the past.

Going by your logic, I don't like any of the dh builds in general so they should all get nerfed. So just because you don't like a build it doesn't mean that it deserves to be nerfed. If you don't like it then play one of the many other viable builds in the game. If you truly love this game then I'm sure instead of !@#$%ing you could just find something you enjoy, because contrary to some peoples beliefs there is no way that LoN bomber ruined anything. If you want a different play style then go build an LoN BS sader and stop whining

I love and quite enjoy the playstyle of LoN bomber but I'm not going to force the build on anyone or complain about others
Thanks OP for making this post! I really appreciate the good work and its well laid out with solid info
03/08/2016 11:05 AMPosted by Neesmo
Thanks OP for making this post! I really appreciate the good work and its well laid out with solid info

Glad i could help.
I haven't done any pushing yet, but got to 80. It is still pretty low so I can't say much.

But, I do refer my CDR at 65%. This allow me to sync Akarat to the Physical cycle as well.

It make playing so much easier as I macro it to my mouse side button. No messing up on any cycle.
Thank you for making this. If it's OK with you, I'd like to link to it in the sticky.

One question - if using Nemesis instead of Strongarms, would you keep Vacuum, or replace it with LoH @ Hopeful Cry for healing? That's what I'm currently using, but I've just started my LoN Bomber and I'm still learning the build.
Thank you for the great guide. If I understand you correctly, you don't skip white mobs but instead try to kill the densest pack of enemies regardless of whether they are blues or not? I guess I have been doing it wrong, since I've only aimed to kill blues and champs. I am only doing 70's at the moment though.
03/08/2016 04:09 PMPosted by WordMaster
Thank you for making this. If it's OK with you, I'd like to link to it in the sticky.

One question - if using Nemesis instead of Strongarms, would you keep Vacuum, or replace it with LoH @ Hopeful Cry for healing? That's what I'm currently using, but I've just started my LoN Bomber and I'm still learning the build.

Replace it with Wing of angels for speed or Hopeful cry for grs.

03/08/2016 04:57 PMPosted by Doom
Thank you for the great guide. If I understand you correctly, you don't skip white mobs but instead try to kill the densest pack of enemies regardless of whether they are blues or not? I guess I have been doing it wrong, since I've only aimed to kill blues and champs. I am only doing 70's at the moment though.

I try to pack and kill as many white mobs as possible. I also try to kill blues and if there are no white mobs around i try to pull the blue or make it follow me.

I skip every single Yellow elite.

At lower GR's, if you happen to get a power/counduit, of course you could kill the Yellow elite aka Champ. On higher GR's you might get more value avoiding yellows and trying to get as much density as possible instead of killing just one elite.
Passives:
Iron Maiden
Indestructible
Finery
Lord Commander:
Granted by Hellfire Amulet
Fervor

2 questions:
1. I am wondering why no one mention about dropping finery and get holy cause passive for extra damage once u get enough CDR.
2. I am quite frustrated at times when I click bombardment button, the icon blinked once but it doesn't cast the bombardment... I have to click multiple times to get that happen. Does anyone have the same problem?
1) holy cause adds 10% dmg. Finery gives 1.5% additional str per gem. With normal gear, you have helm (1), chest(3), pants (2), legendary gems on ammy n rings (3), and weapon(1). Shields are not preferrable to have gems as we can get better stats on them instead.

So finery adds 1.5% * 10 = 15% more strength, which is 15% additional dmg, and more armor for toughness as well.
03/08/2016 06:43 PMPosted by Luffy
Passives:
Iron Maiden
Indestructible
Finery
Lord Commander:
Granted by Hellfire Amulet
Fervor

2 questions:
1. I am wondering why no one mention about dropping finery and get holy cause passive for extra damage once u get enough CDR.
2. I am quite frustrated at times when I click bombardment button, the icon blinked once but it doesn't cast the bombardment... I have to click multiple times to get that happen. Does anyone have the same problem?

1. finery has always been the clear winner compared to holy cause

2. yes this happens to me all the time. I don't know what causes it specifically but some clarification on what I'm doing wrong and or the issue being fixed would make me enjoy the game quite a bit more :P

This happens to me too, im not sure how to solve it. If anyone knows a workaround, let us know.
I have quite a nice sader on HC http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Khai-6885/hero/58734186 but really need laws of justice for safety. Which do you recommend- decaying strength or immovable object?
03/09/2016 05:51 AMPosted by Khai
I have quite a nice sader on HC http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Khai-6885/hero/58734186 but really need laws of justice for safety. Which do you recommend- decaying strength or immovable object?

Hello Khai, i'd recommend you Immovable Object.
I have a question. When you cast bombardment it snapshots your current damage, and when you cast it you stop moving. Does the buff from Hexing pants apply dynamically ? Or are they simply used to slightly buff our Steed Charge ?