We need Torment XV

General Discussion
X is just too easy and unrewarding with all the power creep, even for part-time mostly solo players like me. So like 3-4 GR keys.
Forget Torment XV, XX or C. Why not allow Rifts to have infinite progression along the lines of GRifts. It would allow people who don't care about racing a clock to still feel like they are doing something worthwhile...
Sadly, I do not think "Torment XV" is the answer. We constantly get power creep so static difficulty is "worthless". It will inevitably become outdated.

I would, however, support a "Torment Y" or "Scaling difficulty" for Rifts or some sort of endless dungeon. "Y" would be somewhere between "GR 46 and your highest completed GR". You get to scale difficulty to whichever level you want.

No matter how much power creep they introduce, it will never be outdated (difficulty-wise). Make the reward interesting, but not too good that people feel forced to push higher than they should.
No matter what you set the Torment level too, it won't take long to gear up and it will be like T10 is now. It's just for farming and causal play. That's why you have gr's. That's were difficulty level increases.
I'm all for Torment L.
I'd personally advocate for a Torment re balancing. They're really close together right now for difficulty. Re-scale it so T1 is about Grift Level 10 and T10 is about Grift level 100. I want to see the top difficulty be almost unobtainable.
i just want more gr keys to drop, i dont care how they do it but 1-2 keys dropping on rift 10 is fuc*en awful and its been 5 seasons of this garbage
ive been bringing this up forever....

got lots of thumbs down when I did. go figure...
Torment XV isn't an answer.
After this hypothetical Torment gets released, you'll have people complaining they can't run it, leeches, equipment doesn't allow them to clear quickly, etc, etc. Then more powercreep ensues.

After a few patches, XV becomes just like X is today.

In terms of GRift keys, they simply need to add a GRift Key Goblin. It's certainly make Puzzle Rings much more interesting to use.
Torment XV isn't an answer..

then what is the answer? and don't bring up some super complex, will never see the light of day anyways kindof solution.

what in your mind is the fastest way to make bounties and regular rifts provide SOME kindof challenge for a party of four? Because as it stands, no one needs anyone in public t10s. 1 person can easily do everything while everyone else is afk.

the most reasonable and easy solution would be for the devs to unlock t11-15 at the bare minimum OR make T8 the NEW T1.
03/15/2016 01:19 PMPosted by Shanso
Why not allow Rifts to have infinite progression along the lines of GRifts. It would allow people who don't care about racing a clock to still feel like they are doing something worthwhile...

This has merit IMO. As long as the drop rates were adjusted to suit.
How about less power creep and make T10 hard again... It is not that we need TXV or TXX.
Powercreep is the issue here.
We need less of the creep.
03/15/2016 02:05 PMPosted by BoPop
then what is the answer? and don't bring up some super complex, will never see the light of day anyways kindof solution.
Read the rest of my post, instead of the first line.

03/15/2016 02:05 PMPosted by BoPop
what in your mind is the fastest way to make bounties and regular rifts provide SOME kindof challenge for a party of four? Because as it stands, no one needs anyone in public t10s. 1 person can easily do everything while everyone else is afk.
See here's your mistake... these aren't meant to be challenging modes of play. Just like campaign mode isn't meant to be the best place to farm.
If devs legitimately wanted bounties to be challenging (and much more of a chore) they would have put measures in place to cease split bounties. They didn't, and they haven't. You can whine about it "buttttt moooo-ooom!", but I don't see it changing any time soon.

If you want to play at a high level, it's GRifts. That's your scalar difficulty. That's the ONLY solution (scalar difficulty) that presents an option for 4 player difficulty. Content must scale dynamically and be selectable by the player.

I do disagree with the dev approach that GRifts are the only choice. I'd much prefer to see GRifts implemented in other facets/modes, like wave attack, survival, etc, etc. But we are where we are in the game right now, and it's still evolving. D3 has tons of potential, and RoS did much to bring things forth - short of an expansion, there's not going to be much else it will offer.
Many ideas that would work that I see here, and the point is that Torment X is a total waste of time as it is with only a chance at 2 GR keys if you are lucky. I would not waste my time in rifts if not for the GR keys.

Now how about a blue read all the posts and get something fixed?
03/15/2016 01:19 PMPosted by Shanso
Forget Torment XV, XX or C. Why not allow Rifts to have infinite progression along the lines of GRifts. It would allow people who don't care about racing a clock to still feel like they are doing something worthwhile...

I like that idea. Could also apply that difficulty level selection to bounties and campaign mode, so they can still be a challenge for well-geared players.
How about Torment (M-bar)? Too easy?
People will start complaining about monster affixes being too strong. Its an endless cycle.
View profile

This is a good idea. Greater choice should keep more people happy....for a while.
Could we get more rare mats on T8+? I mean, why should this cap out on T7? Tedious.
03/15/2016 01:10 PMPosted by RealBeast
X is just too easy and unrewarding with all the power creep, even for part-time mostly solo players like me. So like 3-4 GR keys.

How !@#$ like this gets down voted is beyond me.

Fact, if torments got higher you could still play TX. if you love how faceroll it is GG stay there

Fact, We are currently nerfing our own damage in TX so stack movement speed/pick up radius etc... why? because even at half damage we are still 1 shoting everything

Fact, all these faceroll set are getting buffed... PS flashfire will now do 50% more damage just from the talrasha buff. I'm sorry but i cant see anyway possible to nerf my damage again by another 50% for some more movement speed or pickup radius... What am i supposed to do with all this extra damage? Kill the RG in 0.1 seconds instead of 0.2?

The fact I can make a comment like the one above about the game MAXIMUM difficulty setting is pretty absurd, is it not?