blade of the tribes or 3 hundredth spear?

Barbarian
it might be just my impression, but seems like most of my damage comes from boulder toss rather than earthquakes...

EQ chips enemy health so slowly... and my boulder just makes them explode.

is it viable using three hundredth spear for higher GRs, or is blade of the tribes a must have?
Blade of the tribes is a must because of EQ damage roll. Spear is an option in Cube for lower tier, instead of Furnace.

Key is to group enemies and fight only in density. Than your EQ will do wonders. Toss is at most 20-25% of total dealt damage in this build. It you keep right rotation, you will land 4 EQ's for each Toss.

But, your setup got me thinking...:)
What would be your exact weapon combination if you used 300th Spear vs. Blade of the Tribes?

300th gives you ~60% increased damage to your Boulder Toss. But Blade of the Tribes gives you ~60% increased damage to everything due to 2H weapons having higher base damage.

So are you equipping 300th? What's your other off hand?
Are you cubing it? What are you equipping then? Furnace?
If your going BT then your build revolves around Raekors not EQ set.
03/19/2016 05:17 PMPosted by Jako
What would be your exact weapon combination if you used 300th Spear vs. Blade of the Tribes?

300th gives you ~60% increased damage to your Boulder Toss. But Blade of the Tribes gives you ~60% increased damage to everything due to 2H weapons having higher base damage.

So are you equipping 300th? What's your other off hand?
Are you cubing it? What are you equipping then? Furnace?

i'm currently using a doombringer for the extra physical damage.

keep in mind that even though 2-hands have higher base damage, dual wielding gives you more strength and a second socket, so i'd say they average each other out...

anyway, i won't claim that my build is better, i was just wondering what was the thought process behind blade of the tribes, and someone else answered that you're supposed to kill multiple grouped up enemies with earthquake.
thank you all for the responses.
Extra socket and 500 main stat don't usually make up for the huge disparity in base damage actually.

i.e.

My 300th Spear has ~2,300 base damage.
My 2H Mighty Weapon has 3,850 base damage.

For a build like LeapToss, attack speed doesn't matter at all. So you really just look at the average base damage like I did above.

3,850 / 2,300 ==> 1.67, or in other words, my 2H does 67% more damage per hit.

Let's be generous and say you have 800 extra strength...this is at best a 8% damage increase. Extra socket, aka extra 130% CHD is like what, going from 430% CHD to 560% CH.

560 / 430 ==> 1.30, or in other words, a 30% damage increase on Critical Hits.

These alone do not close that huge base weapon damage gap.

Other items like Doombringer or a legacy 300th start to inch that gap closer obviously, but not necessarily. Especially when stuff like EQ/Avalanche damage matter and Blade of Tribes will buff those so much, etc.

Gotta look at whole picture if you want to try and min/max your gear.
Jako is right on the money here Kyzonu. I tested this on my seasonal Barb. I had both ancient 300th and ancient Doombringer but RNG eluded my of an ancient Tribes. I had spare gifts so I gifted my 300th and Doombee. Only then did the combo equal the dps of my non ancient Tribes.

While testing the build I crafted more 2H MW and got an ancient Tribes. Gifted it and never looked back. The dps difference was evident in the numbers on the screen.

Tribes Wins.

GL.
I have a IK throw barb that dual wields 300th spear and arreats spear, using focus/restraint so i generate with weapon throw and spend with boulder toss. Does great damage and attacks so fast but not durable enough. I would like to try it on current PTR though.

I also have a HC barb using raekors set with 300th spear to throw boulders for 30b with junk gear rolls.