How does the PS4 version compare to PC?

Console Discussion
I currently have a back injury which prevents me from sitting at the PC so I'm looking at buying the PS4 version and I'm just wondering how it is? Are the releases parallel yet? And is the performance 60fps solid or does it dip a lot?
03/19/2016 08:29 AMPosted by MrH
Are the releases parallel yet?
Console gets the same patch updates but there are no seasons.

03/19/2016 08:29 AMPosted by MrH
And is the performance 60fps solid or does it dip a lot?
Performance is great no major issues.Being able to play on big screen with a controller is awesome.
Oh damn, no seasons? That really sucks.
The view is different..you cannot zoom in like PC...

There are a few differences like you cannot really aim target skills but you can roll...no seasons but the content is very much the same...

There is the nemesis system and apprentice mode on console along with sending gifts via the ingame mail system...

Nephalem Glory works differently and stops the same PC builds doing the same GR levels on console due to it doubling damage (thus if you don't have it your at half damage compared to PC).

But barring that it is identical in terms of gear and builds and all other features. It's great fun...couch co-op is great too...
I decided to give it a go, it's only £18. I will most likely go back to the PC version solely due to seasons once my back is repaired but until then at least I can play some Diablo. I will start a new build to keep it fresh, plus starting completely from fresh will be fun.
03/19/2016 02:03 PMPosted by MrH
I decided to give it a go
Gimme a shout when you get set up.I can help you get up to speed.
I decided to give it a go, it's only £18. I will most likely go back to the PC version solely due to seasons once my back is repaired but until then at least I can play some Diablo. I will start a new build to keep it fresh, plus starting completely from fresh will be fun.

Get a USB stick and plug it into you PS4 as soon as possible.

Always back up your save file to USB stick prior to public games. The cheating problem will ruin the game completely for you. If you end up at Paragon 10000 within a few minutes, just hard quit (Hold PS button > Close Application) and restore your save from USB stick.
To me I honestly feel this game was made for a console.
03/22/2016 04:23 PMPosted by Arctor

Get a USB stick and plug it into you PS4 as soon as possible.

Always back up your save file to USB stick prior to public games. The cheating problem will ruin the game completely for you. If you end up at Paragon 10000 within a few minutes, just hard quit (Hold PS button > Close Application) and restore your save from USB stick.

Sigh...that cannot happen now in patch 2.4 as Legendary Gems are capped at rank 150 and it was ranked 2 billion Gem of Ease' that were causing insta-10,000 paragon.

Entering public games with players with modded gear will now not affect your character unless you manually enter a GR150 with them...and even then you won't go up 10,000 paragon levels.

A backup of your save is always a good idea though.
^^what he said.

If you have any interest in playing Hardcore though and want to do it legit, I wouldn't recommend any kind of backup. I'd imagine that would be too tempting to bring a toon back to life and that's just not legit.
03/23/2016 04:53 AMPosted by HunterD333
^^what he said.

If you have any interest in playing Hardcore though and want to do it legit, I wouldn't recommend any kind of backup. I'd imagine that would be too tempting to bring a toon back to life and that's just not legit.

Hmmm a backup periodically of your save, HC or SC, is always a good idea to avoid any corruption...
03/23/2016 07:13 AMPosted by homerjnick

Hmmm a backup periodically of your save, HC or SC, is always a good idea to avoid any corruption...

These are the very wise words. I wish I could do it on XBox One but MS made it impossible. In Cloud we trust.
03/23/2016 10:16 AMPosted by KeenDzaDza
03/23/2016 07:13 AMPosted by homerjnick

These are the very wise words. I wish I could do it on XBox One but MS made it impossible. In Cloud we trust.

3500+ hours in RoS, one dead XB1 that died while playing an HC character and no problems. The cloud is fine. no need for a backup. The guys that do backup are the ones bringing HC characters back from the dead and that's just cheesy.
03/23/2016 10:37 AMPosted by HunterD333
03/23/2016 10:16 AMPosted by KeenDzaDza

3500+ hours in RoS, one dead XB1 that died while playing an HC character and no problems. The cloud is fine. no need for a backup. The guys that do backup are the ones bringing HC characters back from the dead and that's just cheesy.

To clarify...I mean backup to the cloud...my PS4 does it automatically with all saves...not sure about XBone...
Hehe my 360 died a week or so before I planned to upload my save :-( Not like the 100 paragons I would have gotten were worth anything, but I could use a testing weapon or a legacy Puzzle ring.
03/23/2016 10:49 AMPosted by homerjnick

To clarify...I mean backup to the cloud...my PS4 does it automatically with all saves...not sure about XBone...

Right on. You strike me as legit anyway. I only say it cause I've seen people die and then come back with the same gear. That's when they get dropped from my friend's list lol.
03/23/2016 11:42 AMPosted by HunterD333
03/23/2016 10:49 AMPosted by homerjnick

Right on. You strike me as legit anyway. I only say it cause I've seen people die and then come back with the same gear. That's when they get dropped from my friend's list lol.

I do not want to be a prophet of doom but imagine that after next 500 hours your precious saved game gets corrupted by game itself (developers make bugs time to time, you know, especially when new patches are coming out on regular basis) and then this corrupted saved game will be uploaded to the cloud. When you try to load your characters next time it will say you "sorry, cannot read the saved game".

It is wise to have at least 2 separate copies of important information you do not want to lose. If you do not need it and feel safe - it's fine, no one forces you to use it. I would like to have a choice and then the only one I can blame later would be myself.
03/23/2016 12:09 PMPosted by KeenDzaDza
03/23/2016 11:42 AMPosted by HunterD333

I do not want to be a prophet of doom but imagine that after next 500 hours your precious saved game gets corrupted by game itself (developers make bugs time to time, you know, especially when new patches are coming out on regular basis) and then this corrupted saved game will be uploaded to the cloud. When you try to load your characters next time it will say you "sorry, cannot read the saved game".

It is wise to have at least 2 separate copies of important information you do not want to lose. If you do not need it and feel safe - it's fine, no one forces you to use it. I would like to have a choice and then the only one I can blame later would be myself.

I get it. I do. I play legit though and people in my group have reset their own accounts before in the past because of people paragon boosting them so I guess if I got corrupted, I would just start again like I do after a character dies. At least it would keep the game fresh and everything will be an upgrade for a while...sometimes I miss those days. No doubt it would sting pretty good to lose it all though but I'll take my chances.

Are you kidding? I always save my SC chars before downloading Hotfix or Patch. Just to ensure my chars, efforts, gear & paragon won't be away because of some kind of data loss during updating.

That's the reason, why i always backup my files into the cloud & on USB every tuesday.

When you say it's not legit, i'm fine with it. Lost a few patches ago all my saved data through data corruption after downloading 2.1.2.

Anyway this never-ending story who's legit and not, just bothers the most users. It's JUST a game and nobody earns money with it (on console).
03/24/2016 03:51 AMPosted by Omplich

Are you kidding? I always save my SC chars before downloading Hotfix or Patch. Just to ensure my chars, efforts, gear & paragon won't be away because of some kind of data loss during updating.

That's the reason, why i always backup my files into the cloud & on USB every tuesday.

When you say it's not legit, i'm fine with it. Lost a few patches ago all my saved data through data corruption after downloading 2.1.2.

Anyway this never-ending story who's legit and not, just bothers the most users. It's JUST a game and nobody earns money with it (on console).

I don't think I was jumping on anyone and you can play however you want. You play Softcore so I'd imagine the game is more casual for you. When you're trying to play hardcore and do it legit though, you run into some weak @ss stuff that's just annoying like players bringing toons back to life with their 'backup' copies and nothing about that is Hardcore at all regarless if we're throwing the word Legit around. When you see that happen or know it happens, some of us have a tendency to just steer clear of things like that and just simplify the rules for ourselves by just comparing it with PC. If someone dies on PC, they can't bring a character back through "backup" saves so I don't do it either. That's how I choose to play and I'm not alone. But by all means backup and protect yourself especially since you're Softcore. Hardcore players are used to losing their stuff on occasion anyway lol

Maybe if I had an experience like yours, I'd think differently but I'm on my third generation of Xbox now and though some models have had hardware issues, I've never had a corrupted game save so I guess I'm just not as paranoid about that.