Why are monsters so much weaker?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I remember when the game came out u'd run into some groups and itd be a giant wall with 4 players dien non stop and itd take time to kill them now days its torment x to even get anything worth while to fight all the elites skills were dumbed down or completely taken out of the game via stone skin n such.. seems yes made it nicer for low levels but completely took out any challenge in the game, sides boring rifts or high grs that yes were a filler at the time cuz the Game wasnt even close to a complete stage when they added paragon/rifts into the game... d1 d2 had walls u'd hit n be stuck for a while this game did have that but the challenge was taken out unless u run 60+ grs maybe its just me. The game as a complete is 999% better then it was at release and everthings going for a overall better game imo tho, just miss the walls ud hit when via not having to bum rush rifts/grs cuz they are getting boring running all the time
Be honest. If it was someone else that wrote that wall of disorganized mess, would you even bother to read it?

Edit it to resemble common English and I'll bet you get some thoughtful responses.
Welcome to the power creep. The only relevant challenge now is Grifts +75 so get on the hamster wheel it's a long ride.
GR 105 monsters says hi.

If you havent played this game for more than 1yr then you wouldnt understand.

This game is End game centered. Progress is cuponoodle. Thats what the masses have asked (give us end game) and this is blizzards response - not everyone will like it.

If you consider TX the end game, you will be dissappointed.
i guess i will say it again.

the dev mindset of "an endgame for EVERYONE" is what is completely drving this sort of thing. if everyone can play the "endgame" then where does that leave the rest of the game? end game being the highest torment not the highest grift.

there was a time, back in vanilla as it was mentioned, where getting through to inferno was a pain. normal and nightmare werent that big a deal really. hell was where things really picked up as it actually decided you needed resists. inferno was pretty hard back then to progress through actually.

which brings us back to that dev mindset currently. back then they didnt expect that everyone would even make it to inferno let alone all the way through it. not everyone did either. now they fully expect that everyone can make it to the highest difficulty so they can grift forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aW9-wv6gGg

D3 Vanilla elite packs.
03/14/2016 10:18 AMPosted by Morogoth
the dev mindset of "an endgame for EVERYONE" is what is completely drving this sort of thing.

and they even failed at accomplishing that....

it looks more like the dev mindset of "an endgame for everyone who likes to play our way"...
03/14/2016 10:19 AMPosted by Plutheros

D3 Vanilla elite packs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK2jbxhQ3KY

reflects the vanilla situation better ;)
Lmao im not in english class i dont care? Clearly u havent read any other forum before. yea i get the whole 106 gr is hard but not everyone enjoys running with others doubt u see anyone running 106 solo or in duals.. only 3 supports and a dps char.. sounds fun... i dont call that ''End game'' im saying the overall of the game u dont hit anywalls at all til 60+ in grs, Back at release u couldnt go into a area without hitting a pack that destroyed people in groups of 4 from easy - torment. Because they would be immune to physical resists and have stone skin so on. pretty much immortal rolls they took that out and dumbed it down but alas if ''i wasnt around for more then a yr i wouldnt understand'' but okay. ive played this d2 and d1 when they came out at releases but okay. i understand they added in rifts for end game which in all honesty isnt end game its just a add in cuz the game wasnt even 30% complete when it came out. ex no pvp, no rifts ,no ubers, no cows ,, it had ponys that is it. it was meant for a filler remember before the no paragons levels or when paragon was capped at 100?... Vanilla just seemd way harder imo then no now mind set of the game where u can run on a wheel forever to be Elite thats all i was getting at.. and i can guarantee doing seasons everyone that does first run thru never goes back to any of it sides rifts or grs cuz there isnt any competition in it, sides getting materials and keys...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation
03/14/2016 10:59 AMPosted by Purpl3Haze
Lmao im not in english class i dont care?

Believe it or not, school help prepares you for the real world. School isn't all encompassing and many things you will need to learn on your own. However, what you learn in English "class" should be used to help you to be an effective communicator in the real world.

Please use what you learn and don't waste it. It's not only for "class."
03/14/2016 11:14 AMPosted by MerLock
Believe it or not, school help prepares you for the real world.

since when?
03/14/2016 11:17 AMPosted by Alukat
03/14/2016 11:14 AMPosted by MerLock
Believe it or not, school help prepares you for the real world.

since when?

Like since basic math, reading, problem solving and english was useful in society. Like I said, school isn't all encompassing but it does try to help you with basic skills that you may need to succeed in life. Of course you can get the same education if you're willing to learn it on your own but I don't think many would take the time to.
03/14/2016 10:19 AMPosted by Plutheros

D3 Vanilla elite packs.

Lmao... that's how I play on my hardcore toon.
03/14/2016 11:33 AMPosted by MerLock
Like since basic math, reading, problem solving and english was useful in society. Like I said, school isn't all encompassing but it does try to help you with basic skills that you may need to succeed in life.

basic skills, that may be true. However, when it comes to preparation for life, school doesn't even teach 0,1%....
03/14/2016 11:51 AMPosted by Alukat
03/14/2016 11:33 AMPosted by MerLock
Like since basic math, reading, problem solving and english was useful in society. Like I said, school isn't all encompassing but it does try to help you with basic skills that you may need to succeed in life.

basic skills, that may be true. However, when it comes to preparation for life, school doesn't even teach 0,1%....

OP will be fine... he will have no trouble finding a rewarding career in either the food service or housekeeping industries.
03/14/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Checkmate
OP will be fine... he will have no trouble finding a rewarding career in either the food service or housekeeping industries.

yep, that's all school does. Preparing you for getting a job. The important things however aren't tought in school.
03/14/2016 11:51 AMPosted by Alukat

How can you prepare for life if you can't read and communicate? Basic skills is pretty much the core that helps you prepare for life. I wouldn't undervalue basic education and say it accounts for 0.1% of life skills since most of what we do goes back to how well we developed those core skills.

03/14/2016 11:55 AMPosted by Alukat
yep, that's all school does. Preparing you for getting a job. The important things however aren't tought in school.

You mean taught? And preparing you for a career isn't an important thing in "life"? Because we'll just depend on our parents for $$$ for the rest of our lives right because when it comes to life starting a career isn't important.........

I admit, there will be those who will need less of an education to have a great career but those people are usually few since they are very motivated to learn on their own and/or have the right connections.
I wouldn't undervalue basic education and say it accounts for 0.1% of life skills.

I wasn't talking about life skills, i was talking about education regarding life and future. You know, the level beyond basic skills.
03/14/2016 11:59 AMPosted by Alukat
I wasn't talking about life skills, i was talking about education regarding life and future. You know, the level beyond basic skills.

Huh?

I wasn't talking about life skills

i was talking about education regarding life and future

Isn't education regarding life and future basically life skills? How to survive (life) and preparing for the future = life skills?