Why are monsters so much weaker?

General Discussion
03/14/2016 02:45 PMPosted by Alukat
Btw, if it's dyslexia , then the OP can't do anything about it anyway.

03/14/2016 10:59 AMPosted by Purpl3Haze
Lmao im not in english class i dont care?

Sounds like laziness...
03/14/2016 02:53 PMPosted by OWD

03/14/2016 10:59 AMPosted by Purpl3Haze
Lmao im not in english class i dont care?

Sounds like laziness...

good point ^^

also, just realized that the letters aren't messed up, word-internally ^^
03/14/2016 10:19 AMPosted by Plutheros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aW9-wv6gGg

D3 Vanilla elite packs.

LMAO HAHAHA
I get that. Yet, what's the back-up plan if rationalization prevents you from doing so?

Backup plan? If my current jobs is lost then attempt to find work in the same field. If that does not pan out, go back to school and/or get additional training in an area where there are jobs. While I have a job, save up and invest smartly so that if I lose my job, I'll have a nest egg to fall back on until job opportunities are better. If that fails, then rely on the generosity of others and the government.

But relying on others and the government isn't my goto plan. They are there if I stumble and need help getting back on my feet. Plan A would be able to help myself as much as possible before relying on others.

If there are 100 million unemployed people and only 1 million jobs. Basically no amount of flexibility and/or adaptability can get everyone a job. There are simply 99 million jobs missing, it's simple math.

Just because there isn't a job for everyone, we should simply give up? We shouldn't invest our own time and energy into finding out what types of jobs are available and to prepare for it? Just tossing out numbers and saying the world doesn't have enough jobs for everyone doesn't mean there isn't a job for YOU.

For many, getting a solid basic education is a start.

03/14/2016 01:31 PMPosted by Alukat
there's no infinite demand, so trying something new usually won't work. It can work once in a while, but it ain't is the norm.

Well when you're out of a job or not happy about your job. You have the power to make some choices, which are to try something new. You made a point about people unhappy with their jobs and I simply put that they can try getting another job by investing in new skills. Yes, they may not be successful but if they are unhappy they have the choice to give it a try.

03/14/2016 01:32 PMPosted by ZeROxREQUiEM
You spelt there wrong in the second last paragraph. It's supposed to be "their" as in showing possession.

Thank you for pointing out the error. It's been corrected!

03/14/2016 01:42 PMPosted by Purpl3Haze
forum that doesnt deal with Real life i dont see any reason why it matters

Sorry, I didn't really read the rest of that but a forum is generally a place for people to to discuss ideas with one another. So writing skills matters if you're trying to get a point across or trying to get other people to understand you. I'm not saying you have to be perfect but you should at least try. My grammar and english sucks but if I'm trying to make a point on here, I at least try to write it a way that won't makes the reader's eyes bleed.
sure he can still get any point across. The reader can do some thinking too....

point taking no do somethinking thenbecause my pointis2 legit 4 u 2 handle

Yes?

03/14/2016 03:25 PMPosted by Linuxpenguin
03/14/2016 10:19 AMPosted by Plutheros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aW9-wv6gGg

D3 Vanilla elite packs.

LMAO HAHAHA

Things got better after the monster power patch though. That was the best patch imo.
I remember the original game, servers crashed day one, and no one could play, Korean riot on the Blizzard office in there country, law suit threatened, and many more things, this just public opinion.

Server crashes, and some could not play the game for day's.. and even after all that everyone lagged so bad, it was insane.

I personally remember once they patched the game day one, before you could even play it. Barely making it through to the 4th act, and then having to get some help to get through that, this on normal playing level.

Then I remember upping the game to the next level, getting to act 2, and hitting a road block.... I finally stumbled through the Auction which was the only way you could get weapons or gear that would beat the early levels, and they only dropped in the third, and last levels of the Nightmare mode.

This Night mare mode was only beaten by those that had beta tested the game, and knew how to kit, and work the bugs to get there, and they held the Auction hostage for quite some time.

As they were the only ones able to grind in those levels for a few weeks. So Blizzard came to the rescue ( About the same time word of these exploitable Bugs became known to the Peon's ), and quickly managed to Patch all these holes that only the beta testers knew about.

Any way I got weapon with a 19.5 DPS might not of been the best but it was making a difference, I was moving again.

But hold on, her comes Blizzard to the risque, having studied the game they decided that there game was turning into a DPS controlled grind.

So Blizzard in there infinite wisdom decided to cut all DPS weapons in half, which suddenly made my Magic wand have a DPS of 7.5.... ( Blizzard never was any good at math, unless it had to do with counting Real currency on the way to the bank. )

So I again died, died, died, died.. Most often because of lag, ( In a single player Game ), but died, died, died is the main theme here, and it happened so much, I quit for a long, long time .. I have no desire to go back to that way of the game again.

I only have the Game, I do not have the expansion, and the Lag is the main reason I will never have the expansion unless they give it away.

I do enjoy the game single player, in small dose's but I truly do not want it to go back to the unfinished Pile of junk that it was when it was first release, and everyone that bought it had to beta test the unfinished game for Blizzard, and also be there ( paying real money for abuse ) Ginnie pig.
03/14/2016 03:54 PMPosted by MerLock
Just because there isn't a job for everyone, we should simply give up?

not giving up, moving on (not necessarily into a new job).

We shouldn't invest our own time and energy into finding out what types of jobs are available and to prepare for it?

not if it's in a sick way.

Just tossing out numbers and saying the world doesn't have enough jobs for everyone doesn't mean there isn't a job for YOU.

And that's what you gonna tell the 99 million people for whom there is no job and all of the sudden, because you say this, there are additional 99 million jobs?
like i've said, you're being religious here, ignoring facts.

For many, getting a solid basic education is a start.

solid basic education doesn't make 99 million additional jobs pop up out of nowhere.

You made a point about people unhappy with their jobs and I simply put that they can try getting another job by investing in new skills.

and when are they supposed to invest in new skills, when they have to work all day long?
not giving up, moving on (not necessarily into a new job).

Then what? You still haven't told me what are the things you find important?

not if it's in a sick way.

How is finding and preparing for a job be done in a sick way?

And that's what you gonna tell the 99 million people for whom there is no job and all of the sudden, because you say this, there are additional 99 million jobs?
like i've said, you're being religious here, ignoring facts.

Religion doesn't have anything to do with it. Even though there isn't enough jobs for everyone, there are jobs out there correct? If you are in need of a job, then look at the jobs that are available and ask yourself how can I get it.

03/14/2016 04:06 PMPosted by Alukat
solid basic education doesn't make 99 million additional jobs pop up out of nowhere.

Nope but it can help you land in a job that is available if you have the necessary qualifications. Most often that not, those qualifications requires some sort of education. Even if you want to go the route of starting your own business it would benefit you if you had basic understanding of business and economics.

03/14/2016 04:06 PMPosted by Alukat
and when are they supposed to invest in new skills, when they have to work all day long?

I know a friend who is raising 2 kids on her own and works during the day but goes to school after work. She's relying on her parents to help with the kids while she's at school but she's spending the time investing in herself and her children's future. Getting skills and an education that will hopefully land her a better job.
Just tossing out numbers and saying the world doesn't have enough jobs for everyone doesn't mean there isn't a job for YOU.

like i've said, you're being religious here, ignoring facts.?

Where are you getting this "99 million" from? Is this when your machine age comes around or right now, because at most you are looking at 20-25% of that number in terms of the discrepancy between full time jobs and working age people.
03/14/2016 04:14 PMPosted by MerLock
Then what? You still haven't told me what are the things you find important?

read the human rights. That's something that is important to me. And ofc there is more.

How is finding and preparing for a job be done in a sick way?

by pushing into finding and preparing for a job too hard.

Religion doesn't have anything to do with it. Even though there isn't enough jobs for everyone, there are jobs out there correct? If you are in need of a job, then look at the jobs that are available and ask yourself how can I get it.

that doesn't solve the issue that there aren't enough jobs at all... you now try to shift the blame/responsibility from the way economy is to the individual.
Nope but it can help you land in a job that is available if you have the necessary qualifications.

yet it doesn't work for everyone. Like with the example i brought up. 100 Million unemployed, 1 million jobs. Even if everyone of those 100 million had the uber-qualifications, then there would still be 99 million people without a job.

Even if you want to go the route of starting your own business it would benefit you if you had basic understanding of business and economics.

basic understanding = micro-scale?
Well, then i got advanced understanding, micro-scale as well as makro-scale.

I know a friend who is raising 2 kids on her own and works during the day but goes to school after work. She's relying on her parents to help with the kids while she's at school but she's spending the time investing in herself and her children's future. Getting skills and an education that will hopefully land her a better job.

Yeah, know such people too, apart from them having a burn-out it did get them nothing.
03/14/2016 04:27 PMPosted by Lag16Smoke
Where are you getting this "99 million" from? Is this when your machine age comes around or right now, because at most you are looking at 20-25% of that number in terms of the discrepancy between full time jobs and working age people.

the 99 millions are an example value to show the issue at hand.
And it's a fact that there's not enough jobs for everyone. (in my country it's a ration of 10 unemployed on 1 open job application)
One thing is for sure. If you can't communicate in simple English, you might as well join the entitled Millennials posting here in justifying why an education is bad.

You'll never be gainfully employed if you write a job application like the OP wrote whatever you want to call that mess. But at least you can then keep yourselves busy using free WiFi (sitting on the sidewalk since you can't afford to go into the doughnut store) to rant about no one hiring you.

Sometimes I actually get a headache from the amount of eye rolling I do while reading this forum.
03/14/2016 09:56 AMPosted by Purpl3Haze
I remember when the game came out u'd run into some groups and itd be a giant wall with 4 players dien non stop and itd take time to kill them now days its torment x to even get anything worth while to fight all the elites skills were dumbed down or completely taken out of the game via stone skin n such.. seems yes made it nicer for low levels but completely took out any challenge in the game, sides boring rifts or high grs that yes were a filler at the time cuz the Game wasnt even close to a complete stage when they added paragon/rifts into the game... d1 d2 had walls u'd hit n be stuck for a while this game did have that but the challenge was taken out unless u run 60+ grs maybe its just me.
That's nearly a Hemingway-length sentence, if not up to his spelling and grammar skill level. Congrats.

This game is a loot hunt, with a combat system that is second to none, so part of the fun of playing is encountering hordes of monsters, and watching them explode in fiery, bloody, icy deaths by the dozens.

I don't consider it great fun to encounter an unbeatable monster.

If you want to play that game, go try Dark Souls. You'll get all the difficulty you need.

PS: Purple Haze? Drop more.
sure he can still get any point across. The reader can do some thinking too....

Of course he can still get his point across! it's still easier for most without that comprehension to have a nice neat format to read from.

Dyslexia would be no excuse for poor grammar. Mixed up words, yes.. In fact I believe they would have an easier time using proper paragraphs to keep their thoughts and sentences clear and focused.

That's just me though.

I know you. I know what you do. I'm ending it with you at this.
03/14/2016 04:31 PMPosted by Alukat
03/14/2016 04:27 PMPosted by Lag16Smoke

the 99 millions are an example value to show the issue at hand.
And it's a fact that there's not enough jobs for everyone. (in my country it's a ration of 10 unemployed on 1 open job application)

Ok, fair enough. I thought maybe you were trying to be literal. Some conservatives here in the U.S. try and float a number like that, but it's BS. Employment/labor forces can be very harsh on some people unfortunately. The thing that really pissese off is that it often comes done to favoritism and inside network under those conditions.
read the human rights. That's something that is important to me. And ofc there is more.

"read" the human rights. Doesn't school teach reading? So isn't school helping here? If you want to help the human rights movement, won't educating other people on human rights help?

Knowledge is power.

by pushing into finding and preparing for a job too hard.

If you're not healthy and rely on the help of the government or others, that's cool. But education would still benefit you in your daily life. Doing things like calculating the cost of your basic needs vs what you get in government aid for example.

that doesn't solve the issue that there aren't enough jobs at all... you now try to shift the blame/responsibility from the way economy is to the individual.

I thought we were discussing about education not world economics here. And I said education is helpful in just every day life, not in just getting a job.

If anyone here wants to make a change at a "better" economy" one should start with being educated in the current system as well as being educated in rationalizing a better system.

And I thought our discussion started on the individual level. Such as how a job can help me or you find a job.

I think you are the one that is good at shifting from the topic and turning it into something else.

yet it doesn't work for everyone. Like with the example i brought up. 100 Million unemployed, 1 million jobs. Even if everyone of those 100 million had the uber-qualifications, then there would still be 99 million people without a job.

Again, I'm not talking globally. I'm talking on the individual basis here. Getting a basic education is beneficial regardless if you're going to use it for work or not. It's also good for helping you prepare for life skills as you call it.

basic understanding = micro-scale?
Well, then i got advanced understanding, micro-scale as well as makro-scale.

Good for you. Now explain to me how education isn't good at a macro scale?

03/14/2016 04:29 PMPosted by Alukat
Yeah, know such people too, apart from them having a burn-out it did get them nothing.

And on the other side, there are people who got a better life out of it. You never know till you try. And how did they get nothing out of it? Did they not learn something new?
03/14/2016 04:37 PMPosted by StoneOld
03/14/2016 09:56 AMPosted by Purpl3Haze
I remember when the game came out u'd run into some groups and itd be a giant wall with 4 players dien non stop and itd take time to kill them now days its torment x to even get anything worth while to fight all the elites skills were dumbed down or completely taken out of the game via stone skin n such.. seems yes made it nicer for low levels but completely took out any challenge in the game, sides boring rifts or high grs that yes were a filler at the time cuz the Game wasnt even close to a complete stage when they added paragon/rifts into the game... d1 d2 had walls u'd hit n be stuck for a while this game did have that but the challenge was taken out unless u run 60+ grs maybe its just me.
That's nearly a Hemingway-length sentence, if not up to his spelling and grammar skill level. Congrats.

This game is a loot hunt, with a combat system that is second to none, so part of the fun of playing is encountering hordes of monsters, and watching them explode in fiery, bloody, icy deaths by the dozens.

I don't consider it great fun to encounter an unbeatable monster.

If you want to play that game, go try Dark Souls. You'll get all the difficulty you need.

PS: Purple Haze? Drop more.

I agree it totally is a loot hunt, with an amazing combat system at times. All i was saying was some of the rare or elite monsters should be harder like they use to be. Yes the fun is destroying everything and walking thru it all but u should hit a wall here and there. Not need to be in gr60+ to hit any sort of wall.I mean half of the gr monsters are weaker then reg minions unless its a high gr, Maybe not an unbeatable monster but just one that gives u some trouble and some time.. The Game was Built to Play ,Destroy ,and have fun with friends. Not Beat the timer every time u play..

Already destroyed them on hard, I guess I could go back to them cant remember if theres another difficulty above that but the New one is coming out soon!
03/14/2016 04:58 PMPosted by MerLock
If you want to help the human rights movement, won't educating other people on human rights help?

Knowledge is power.

theoretically, yes.
practically, not so much, because for real change you need support on a larger scale and if people refuse to get educated, because they are so deep into their beliefs, well then knowledge/education has no power at all. Unless you're starting to manipulate/play people...

I thought we were discussing about education not world economics here. And I said education is helpful in just every day life, not in just getting a job.

If anyone here wants to make a change at a "better" economy" one should start with being educated in the current system as well as being educated in rationalizing a better system.

And I thought our discussion started on the individual level. Such as how a job can help me or you find a job.

well, the micro-scale and macro-scale are intertwined.
With that being said, when going to educate the amount of connections being able to see increases constantly, making it difficult to simply stick to the individual level.

Again, I'm not talking globally. I'm talking on the individual basis here

if you just look at the individual basis, then you can't see how stuff plays out globally. Since individual and global are intertwined, not looking at it globally will backfire to the individual scale...

Good for you. Now explain to me how education isn't good at a macro scale?

I haven't said that eduction isn't good. I've said what's been taught in school doesn't cut it.

Did they not learn something new?

perhaps that the cake is a lie.
refuse to get educated

But I thought you said education is unimportant. Maybe people with beliefs like yours is why they refuse to educate themselves?

well, the micro-scale and macro-scale are intertwined.
With that being said, when going to educate the amount of connections being able to see increases constantly, making it difficult to simply stick to the individual level.

Agreed but for our discussion we started at the micro level and I believe it should remain there. Why education is helpful to an individual.

I haven't said that eduction isn't good. I've said what's been taught in school doesn't cut it.

My statement was this:
03/14/2016 11:33 AMPosted by MerLock
Like since basic math, reading, problem solving and english was useful in society. Like I said, school isn't all encompassing but it does try to help you with basic skills that you may need to succeed in life.

I never said that school will teach you everything you'll need to get through life. I know it does not but I believe school/education is a good start. Where you take it after that is up to you. And since English doesn't seem to be your native language; let me rephrase that part to language/communication skills.

And when you said that what is taught in school doesn't cut it. What would you like to be seen taught in school that would cut it?

if you just look at the individual basis, then you can't see how stuff plays out globally. Since individual and global are intertwined, not looking at it globally will backfire to the individual scale...

I'm not ignoring it on the global scale, I just find it too broad of a topic to discuss on this thread. I firmly believe that a good education isn't never useful, on a micro or macro level.

03/14/2016 05:18 PMPosted by Alukat
perhaps that the cake is a lie.

What cake? I just figured if someone took up a class in something they didn't know before, they would at least some out with learning something new.
03/14/2016 05:30 PMPosted by MerLock
But I thought you said education is unimportant.

Did I? oh, i didn't:

03/14/2016 11:51 AMPosted by Alukat
03/14/2016 11:33 AMPosted by MerLock
Like since basic math, reading, problem solving and english was useful in society. Like I said, school isn't all encompassing but it does try to help you with basic skills that you may need to succeed in life.

basic skills, that may be true. However, when it comes to preparation for life, school doesn't even teach 0,1%....

What I've said is that jobs aren't that important as people act like they would be.

Agreed but for our discussion we started at the micro level and I believe it should remain there. Why education is helpful to an individual.

So it can understand both micro as well as the macro-level and make better decissions, especially at stuff like elections....and stuff like elections effects the individual life.

I'm not ignoring it on the global scale

well, you tried hard to stick to the micro-scale. Gave me the impression that you want to ignore the global scale.

I just find it too broad of a topic to discuss on this thread.

guess, I'll have to agree to that. Still i had to mention it, because global-scale plays a very important role.

What cake?

the "work-hard-enough-and-it's-gonna-be-success"-cake.... in the end it comes down to where in all the randomness you are.