Huge Banwave

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 32 Next
03/29/2016 10:39 AMPosted by Fourty2DNAD3
so, how about change the eula so if you get a ranked spot, you allow blizzard to scan for the tools, otherwise you forfeit your place...

They don't need to change it. The EULA already allows Blizzard to scan EVERYONE within the limits of the privacy laws of each country. Yes, they do look for specific file changes and tools. http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/eula.html

CONSENT TO MONITOR.
WHEN RUNNING, A GAME MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE GAME. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE PROHIBITED BY SECTION 1(C)(ii) ABOVE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE GAME DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, (a) THE GAME MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE; AND/OR (b) BLIZZARD MAY EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER. Additionally, certain Games include a tool that will allow your computer system to forward information to Blizzard in the event that the Game crashes, including system and driver data, and consent to Blizzard being able to receive this data.
This is fantastic news, botting is ruining this game. Lets just hope there are no false positives.
Ban all cheaters & honest players will revere you.
I thought Gaby had been gone from the game for quite a while until this thread. During S4 he spam advertised. S5 I never saw him advertise in Greater Rift communities. Then again, I rarely ever saw SoS advertise in S5.

I wonder what dosage of Adderall he's on to get to 3500+ paragon "without using anything this season"?

Anyways, good riddance. These ban waves mean little, though, if they're done infrequently. They ideally should be done once every month.
"It doesn't affect me"

This is blatantly false.

Unless bots are detected and banned, collected metrics and statistics from the userbase includes botted accounts, and future and current aspects of the game may affect you, or have already affected you, negatively.

And then -- even if you don't care about changes that botters and EULA-breakers hae caused -- it affects you and everyone else.

Next time, say;
"I don't care if it affects me negatively." -- so that we know you're nihilists and that your opinions don't matter because nothing matters to you.
I know people who bot 24/7 that didn't get banned. Let's hope for a second one.
@MissCheetah

Do you know if they are gonna to ban botters in HC? or this banwave is only for SC? All the HC botters are doing very well right now :)
03/29/2016 12:06 PMPosted by Kani
I know people who bot 24/7 that didn't get banned. Let's hope for a second one.

^ this

that's why I (and my friends) are curious if they gonna ban HC botters.
03/29/2016 12:05 PMPosted by Frostraven
"It doesn't affect me"

This is blatantly false.

Unless bots are detected and banned, collected metrics and statistics from the userbase includes botted accounts, and future and current aspects of the game may affect you, or have already affected you, negatively.

And then -- even if you don't care about changes that botters and EULA-breakers hae caused -- it affects you and everyone else.

Next time, say;
"I don't care if it affects me negatively." -- so that we know you're nihilists and that your opinions don't matter because nothing matters to you.
you are wrong
03/29/2016 12:10 PMPosted by Sheila
@MissCheetah

Do you know if they are gonna to ban botters in HC? or this banwave is only for SC? All the HC botters are doing very well right now :)

They only issue bans on accounts they have info on and are ready to execute all the steps needed. Patience!

Hopefully they have another batch to issue soon (not Blizzard soon).
03/29/2016 01:46 AMPosted by Iflon
Id rather have a good hack n slash diablo back, where gearing up could be fun for months rather then this Paragon madness that force no life and nothing to enjoy rather then a few pixel on the screen change when level up.

Introduce mega ancients that will be 10 times harded to find then ancients? Why not.

Probably botters mainly played season coz non seson is easyer. Thats why you see more changes on season. I play non seson on EU and I see NS #1 cruz got banned. So they were hit there too.
03/29/2016 05:58 AMPosted by FleaFly
[quote]

Holy !@#$ maaaaaan!! -female voice said when she said that she just go to 1200+ paragons i believe so yeah ban much more often on a global scale. People are so obvious just have to listen to them. Yeah of course, sometimes :D

Smirk biyatches.

Watch again, she said 22, as in 2200 paragon. Look at the paragon of the players in game.

"{SoS} oh no, yeah we don't kick banned... oh good, oh you would know right ?"

What The Heck?

Yeah typo. Small mistake of 1000 plvls :D
Well, I guess good work Blizzard? I don't realy care. It' funny though how the rankings look like. A lot of single palyer made it into the 2, 3 and 4 man rankings.

But what I care about is this game, and it kind of makes me think: Why are there so many botter anyway? Is it because the game is boring? The farming is boring?

Try to fix this and maybe the number of botters will get down. Sure, there will be botters again, but this many?

(There are many great written threads about this, but to say this much: I like the game the most when I kill a lot of enemies (and get my drops from them) and not when doing some silly bounties to get some silly mats (or rush through dungeons in a defined time) )
03/29/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Siggi
Well, I guess good work Blizzard? I don't realy care. It' funny though how the rankings look like. A lot of single palyer made it into the 2, 3 and 4 man rankings.

But what I care about is this game, and it kind of makes me think: Why are there so many botter anyway? Is it because the game is boring? The farming is boring?

its possible to bot, thats why
03/29/2016 12:19 PMPosted by Merdrah
Patience!Hopefully they have another batch to issue soon (not Blizzard soon).

okay! haha. i will be patient
03/29/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Siggi

All grinding games have a bot problem silly.
LOL

What took so long?
Could you imagine if all these bot makers got together, focused their energies not on gaming?

The rise of AI.
multiplayer is dead

double edged sword

---
03/29/2016 01:16 PMPosted by Siladil
Could you imagine if all these bot makers got together, focused their energies not on gaming?

The rise of AI.

Huge profit potential there Sil. Let's do it.