Huge Banwave

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 32 Next
Did all of them really get banned? Some suspicious players are still there.
only -5, i'm ashamed :(
I'm very glad to see a ban wave has happened, and it sounds like they're planning additional ban waves. My question is: can't the people who had their accounts permanently closed just go out and purchase another copy of the game and simply create a fresh account? Or are the bans IP address based?

Edit: typo
03/28/2016 03:25 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Nope. While there may be some suspensions in the batch (I have not heard of any but won't rule it out), most of these are Perma Bans. The email notices posted are for "Account Closure". It does not get more permanent than that.

It's a very useful and pleasant Info !
But, now, if we do not see banwave on normal mode, then people will be upset and offended
03/28/2016 03:36 PMPosted by Kaidrea
I'm. Wet glad to see a ban wave has happened, and it sounds like they're planning additional ban waves. My question is: can't the people who had their accounts permanently closed just go out and purchase another copy of the game and simply create a fresh account? Or are the bans IP address based?

Yes, they can get new accounts.
I'm very glad to see a ban wave has happened, and it sounds like they're planning additional ban waves. My question is: can't the people who had their accounts permanently closed just go out and purchase another copy of the game and simply create a fresh account? Or are the bans IP address based?

IP bans are not feasible.
Well that's a bummer.
My question is: can't the people who had their accounts permanently closed just go out and purchase another copy of the game and simply create a fresh account? Or are the bans IP address based?

To elaborate more,
Yes they can get new copies and play with out issues.
Even if this was an IP ban, nothing is stoping them from a Proxy IP address.

With some service providers, one could simply change the IP on the modem to get by this kind of ban. Again, it is not that hard to do really.

Some Proxy are free and seriously easy to use. IP Bans are almost worthless in todays digital world.

This is why blizzard needs to ban more often and regularly.
03/28/2016 01:10 PMPosted by Akiz
THANK GOD!!!!
Wait....

Nope, still doesn't change my single-player experience. :)
At least the forums won't have as many "zOMGWTF BOTTERS RUINED MY GAME!!~" posts now..

Do you play Diablo from under a rock?

Edit: typo

lol call blizzard stupids... they can buy any ammounts of game keys, if users break rules and get banned, then by all means feel free to buy more.. is not like this is an free mmo
Or are the bans IP address based?

At least in the US, the majority of regular consumers do not have fixed IP addresses. They may appear to be stable for a time, but the ISP is free to change them at will, or whenever a piece of network gear reboots, or for any other reason. Many other users whether they know it or not will be behind a common public IP address that is shared by a NAT or other proxy solution.

In short, it would be a terrible idea to do this or anything else based on IP address.
What a surprise. Just a few days ago I'd written it off as they weren't going to do anything this season.
03/28/2016 03:41 PMPosted by msedek
lol call blizzard stupids... they can buy any ammounts of game keys, if users break rules and get banned, then by all means feel free to buy more.. is not like this is an free mmo

come on guys... at least give Blizzard credit on this and let them make some money!

on the other hand, Blizzard should keep bringing up more ban waves....
Blizz keep going with banns on the player that bot, i dont feel sorry for them
03/28/2016 03:48 PMPosted by Tamazin
Blizz keep going with banns on the player that bot, i dont feel sorry for them

Ban non season players too.
03/28/2016 03:40 PMPosted by apl

IP bans are not feasible.

FYI most of the time, you get a different IP address each time you cycle your modem....

....just sayin'....IP bans would not work.

EDIT: for example, a non-cheating player from the same ISP could get a 'ban' indication if you were to ban IP addresses, because they could cycle their modem, and get that same IP address....
anyways, this isn't the way to ban anyone from playing D3.

Also, to note, a perma-ban only exludes that account, NOT the human being from going out and buying a whole new game and make a different account....Gaby has done this how many times already?
03/28/2016 04:00 PMPosted by dogma420
.IP bans would not work.

of course it wont work..lol
common sense, people!

again, if the banned players wanna buy a new copy and restart, we should give them a chance.

and Blizzard should do more ban waves.....
Posted by dogma420
.IP bans would not work.

If I wanted to, I could have my IP changed in a matter of minutes. It is so easy, IP bans would only stop the stupid lol.
All TEMP bans. This fixes absolutely NOTHING. Blizzard is too damn soft. Most are only 2-3 day bans.