Huge Banwave

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 32 Next
03/28/2016 03:57 PMPosted by Anagram8
Ban non season players too.

We are all waiting for this moment. Still waiting...
03/28/2016 02:09 PMPosted by Pe3eWe3e
It seems they did not ban any non season players.... so far.

Most players probably bot on seasons which is why we don't see non season posts.

However breaking D3 TOS means ban in a whole Diablo, not just season or none season. On top of that botting counts for EULA which relates to bnet rules. I wouldn't be surprised if some people would get banned for ALL Blizzard games on Bnet.

If you look on e-mail one bot posted you'll see for yourself

NOTICE OF ACCOUNT CLOSURE ***

Greetings,

Account Action: Account Closure

Offense: Use of Third-Party Automation Software (also known as bots)

This account was closed for use of unauthorized ***** programs, also known as bots. These programs provide character benefits not normally achievable in the game and detract from the integrity of the game environment.

The account holder is responsible for all activity on the account. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with our Battle.net EULA: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/eula.html and D3 Terms of Use: http://www.blizzard.com/company/legal/d3_eula.html

We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this closure only after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn these closures and may not respond to appeals. For information, see our article: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/6741

Thank you for your time and understanding.
Some got banned some didn't. I wonder if Blizz will make official tread or something, can't remember if they did that during the last ban wave in season 1. I'm just curious how many people got banned, based on those replies in the botting sites, not that many. Did they ban only the ones caught red-handed in the moment?
Some fun reading to be had here,

https://xxxxxxxxxx/forums/general-discussion/ban-hammer-dropped-minutes-ago-396911

None of them seem to really care, looks like they'll just start over again.
03/28/2016 05:02 PMPosted by Miki
Some got banned some didn't. I wonder if Blizz will make official tread or something, can't remember if they did that during the last ban wave in season 1. I'm just curious how many people got banned, based on those replies in the botting sites, not that many. Did they ban only the ones caught red-handed in the moment?

Last botting ban wave was Season 2 and there as no official thread but they did confirm it on the forums.

-D3 Season 2 Botting ban and Leaderboard shift Feb 2015 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16201251160#8

I don't know either if we will see an official post, but I was at least notified by Blizz that it was happening - after the emails started going out. They don't tell me ahead of time.
03/28/2016 05:19 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I don't know either if we will see an official post, but I was at least notified by Blizz that it was happening - after the emails started going out. They don't tell me ahead of time.

It is nice to see that they are finally taking actions to somewhat protect the integrity of the game. Botting was really getting out of hand, over a year without bans. Now, it will be nice if they continue with this practice and “clean” the game every season.

Do you maybe have an information if they are banning only the ones caught red-handed (botting in the moment of the ban) or everyone they know about?
To everybody in this thread,

And how exactly will it change your gameplay tonight, tomorrow, for the next six months? And even so, do you have any chance at all of placing anywhere near the places that were vacated due to the banned botters?

I swear, I am dumbfounded by the self-righteous chest thumping in this thread. I can imagine each poster wringing his hands, with an evil grin on his face, while he goes back to playing his pitiful character that can't come anywhere near #950 on any leaderboard.
03/28/2016 05:46 PMPosted by Miki
Do you maybe have an information if they are banning only the ones caught red-handed (botting in the moment of the ban) or everyone they know about?

no idea why u keep asking this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUqe0HppsuM
^ he was not botting at the moment when he got banned.
03/28/2016 05:48 PMPosted by StoneOld

And how exactly will it change your gameplay tonight, tomorrow, for the next six months? And even so, do you have any chance at all of placing anywhere near the places that were vacated due to the banned botters?

I swear, I am dumbfounded by the self-righteous chest thumping in this thread. I can imagine each poster wringing his hands, with an evil grin on his face, while he goes back to playing his pitiful character that can't come anywhere near #950 on any leaderboard.

get out.

And how exactly will it change your gameplay tonight, tomorrow, for the next six months?

I believe that this question was answered at least 9874 times. You need too much XP to level up, it seems.

Imagine all the sever and network bandwidth that this frees up.
That alone affects every single legit player solo or not.
These bots hold up games and network traffic that would otherwise be used else where by someone legit. I laugh every time someone says of any game play style that bots do not affect them. Then follow up with fixing server lag and disconnections...
03/28/2016 05:46 PMPosted by Miki

So, here is how it works. The hacks team works on Warden (the detection software) and figures out how to make it detect the latest bots. Warden runs all the time we play but, until it has the latest definitions it can't detect some things.

Once they CAN detect them they just collect logs over time. Weeks, sometimes months, later they take all the people scooped up in the detection and ban or suspend them.

Why? When they do individual bans it alerts the bot makers who then change the bot to avoid detection again. Blizzard has to know exactly what to look for - they can't just can your whole PC for no reason. Blizzard's goal is to catch as many as possible.

So no, it is not just people botting at the time notices went out. Those notices were a long time in coming!

That's a tad bit presumptuous isn't it? I'm at r25 on the ns leaderboard and #1 world for my build, never botted, never thought of it but have thought of quitting from seeing people I compete with bot day and night gaining the upper hand in a massive amount of keys and paragon.
No chest thumping, no evil grins. It affected me and I'm glad they did it.
We're not doing any sort of official announcement, but I can confirm what's obvious as this point: account actions did take place.

One quick reminder: let's all avoid linking out to any cheating programs or communities or calling out individual players.
Miss cheetah, thank you for educating us on the process.

Obviously the process is not working to curb the culture.

Culture change is a top down phenomenon usually. This would be effective by policing a few of the top accounts aggressively.

If Blizzard can't apply simple sociology and population dynamics due to cost, then why bother?