Is raekors hard to play, or am I just bad?

Barbarian
I tried the R6/IK4 version cause I wanna focus on FC as my main damage source, and I have all ancient pieces for it with good rolls, cubed standoff, etc. But when I try it, I feel its so clunky. I always charge into mobs, yet at random times I will be stuck on CD for FC and I'm just sitting there waiting. Im watching vids of playing using the build, and they can flawlessly charge through the rift killing everything, but when I try, I'm charging in circles to kill elites and getting stuck. Does raekors require that much precision for your charges, or am I just screwing up even the simplest things?
At the moment can't tell if anything is wrong with your gear. Or build since its showing wotw on your account. But raekors isn't that hard to play. And should be one shotting pretty much everything if you have all ancient gear with proper rolls.
Please level a few more Barbs and keep them geared in different sets. Makes it easier to examine your profile and offer suggestions.

Raekors takes some time to learn.
Why not both?
03/30/2016 07:04 AMPosted by Dmoney
At the moment can't tell if anything is wrong with your gear. Or build since its showing wotw on your account. But raekors isn't that hard to play. And should be one shotting pretty much everything if you have all ancient gear with proper rolls.

Oh thats cause I stashed everything and went back to WW. I'm just asking about the playstyle in general.

03/30/2016 07:23 AMPosted by Free
Please level a few more Barbs and keep them geared in different sets. Makes it easier to examine your profile and offer suggestions.

I have all the sets stashed for my barb anyways. I prefer having my main having access to all of my stash rather than a bunch of characters that are the same class :\
03/30/2016 07:35 AMPosted by jonathan4210
I have all the sets stashed for my barb anyways. I prefer having my main having access to all of my stash rather than a bunch of characters that are the same class :\

Profiles are often inaccurate due to delayed updates. With more geared Barbs, you're better able to come to the forums, point to a specific character, and go from there.

You're much better off keeping a different Barb for every set/build you want to try. It will save you quite a bit of time, trust me. Spend 10 minutes and level 3 more Barbs to 70.
03/30/2016 07:35 AMPosted by jonathan4210
03/30/2016 07:04 AMPosted by Dmoney

Oh thats cause I stashed everything and went back to WW. I'm just asking about the playstyle in general.

or just go d3planner
http://www.d3planner.com/295603122

import/save section

choose US or EU region to copy from
insert your battle tag there
chose the right character
modify some gem item that need to be updated
and save

like was said u may think is all ok, but something might miss in your build and not work ok for you
easier to tell what is when we see all
Reakers takes quite a bit of practice. It's very finicky. Expect to die. A lot. Even in TX.
If you're dying with Raekor's you're doing it right...

If you're NOT dying with Raekor's you're doing it right...

lolz.

There will be lots of deaths.

As to the cooldown issue:

For whatever reason. The Devs keep adding cooldown functions to the set bonuses that are rather counter productive to fun gameplay. What good is it to remove the need for CDR via set bonus only to prove that not having CDR hurts. With Raekor's- 2 mobs are un-killable unless you seperate them. That's just dumb. Might of the Earth is the same now. A high CDR fire build is stronger than using the set bonus' cooldown function. I really don't get these Devs anymore.
Play it two weeks before you decide if you like it.
Tbh Reakor was cool....in 2014-1 era heh. I can still remember my 275lb place clear...it was just fun. And now? Dmg is really nice but somehow it's not the same Reakor.

The build itself is pretty easy Brother. And U do not need 2 use Ancient Parthan Defenders even on 70gr this is only an illusion of safety ;) I did my 70 on Nemezis so it can be done ;). As 4 fast tX just use mouse cursor to determine the spot 2 charge. With cdr only from para+ diamond in helmet U have 2 hit 4 targets to reset a charge. So 2-3 targets hit is just bad luck.

But relax :) on my fast 65s I am sometimes out of charges due to ma Barbs bloodlust. ;) U just need 2 play it a lil and as our Brothers wrote U'll decide if U like it. :)

Peace
Don't try to tank just a few mobs, grab elites and move forward - you wanna grab as much as you can to keep Parthenon Defender bracer buff (or affix) up with as many stacks as possibly. The less mobs you have available the more chance that you'll only hit 2 mobs and screw up your FC charges. If you wind up with 2 mobs the best you can do is try to separate them and burn one down, or skip it entirely.
03/30/2016 08:19 PMPosted by Valmordas
you wanna grab as much as you can to keep Parthenon Defender bracer buff (or affix) up with as many stacks as possibly

don't learn him dirty tricks at the beginnin ^^ those bracers are mandatory at 75+ imo. Lower gr can be done just fine with Stridin Giant xD did 74 like that ;) also vith Nemezis :P

Peace
03/30/2016 09:41 PMPosted by Hagi
03/30/2016 08:19 PMPosted by Valmordas
you wanna grab as much as you can to keep Parthenon Defender bracer buff (or affix) up with as many stacks as possibly

don't learn him dirty tricks at the beginnin ^^ those bracers are mandatory at 75+ imo. Lower gr can be done just fine with Stridin Giant xD did 74 like that ;) also vith Nemezis :P

Peace

It's not really dirty tricks, it's the basis of the build. Pulling the biggest crowds serves you best as both your offense and defense increases the more you pull. Also, it lessens the chance your FC stack will get screwed up.
Is raekors hard to play, or am I just bad?

Um, well...

This is your issue, OP. There is a pace and rhythm to using furious charge, though that can be improved with a lot of cdr and/or in geom. The meta ik6/r4 leaves no room for in geom, so you want lots of cdr at first while you get used to the build. When you're first starting out I would get cdr on just about every piece of gear that you can (so 10% from paragon, helm diamond, shoulders, gloves, rings, weapon, maybe even amulet). As you develop a better feel for the skill you can scale back your cdr to a more-reasonable 30-40%.

What GR are you pushing? When starting out or for t10 speed runs, it's worth looking at a pure r6 build with higher cdr and a gogok like my guy here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Endeavor-1429/hero/67017488

03/30/2016 10:18 AMPosted by Siladil
Reakers takes quite a bit of practice. It's very finicky. Expect to die. A lot. Even in TX.

zzzz You don't have to die a lot using Raekors, you just need to develop a feel for the pacing of the skill.
Tell that to KB. He was dying every other elite pack. But I think he was drunk and playing CS at the same time.
Raekors is clunky compared to WW. It takes practice and the right gear to work. It also take 40% CDR to not want to pull your hair out. Make sure you always hit a target to get a charge refund. In a pack aim to hit the monster in the back row to make use of Vile Ward. Use In-Geom and Standoff.

Another things i just found out or forgot was you can hold down Charge to auto-cast it. Much faster against some mobs or single targets.

The old dragging effect of Dreadnought made the build so fun and effective. Unfortunately things are now clunk city.
03/31/2016 08:46 AMPosted by Valmordas
It's not really dirty tricks, it's the basis of the build

Basis of the build is 2xBarb set, RoRG and some skills in operating them Brother ;) Bracers won't helpa ya with hard RG xD

04/01/2016 01:35 PMPosted by Warrior
It takes practice and the right gear to work

Gear? That's interesting. Ya can do 70s with ease without specific gear rolls o.O

Wastes needs gg gear rolls but R4/IK6? Look here:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/Hagi-2298/hero/75808424

is that op gear? xD and did 73 on exact da same build/gear :) And yes, with Nemezis and yes, on Stridin Giant. Good FC operation>>>>>Parthans ;)

Peace
the most important thing with raekors is using your charges effectively. everything relies on FC and it should never be on cooldown.

mostly just slow down with your charges and pick them wisely rather then just spamming them aimlessly.

also, with R4/IK6, the damage comes from hitting as many targets as possible, so just skip through to the big packs, and try to be gathering and linking up multiple packs.

and maintain all your skill/set/item buffs too. (sprint/WOTB, battlerage, F/R , rampage stacks and max fury)

also using the forced move/forced stand animation cancellation thing for FC makes a massive difference to damage against the riftguard. also can help generate fury super fast for bouldertoss heals/cooldown resets.
Another thing that I'm wondering is how fast it can clear rifts. I read that its great for speed farming, but isn't Wastes better for that (speed farming, not gr pushing)? Cause with Wastes and BK, you can constantly WW, giving you extra movement speed and going through everything, letting your dust devils kill everything. With raekors, you practically have to rely on mobs to travel quickly, otherwise your FC is on cooldown, right?