Wizard & LON request

Wizard
I really loved it when i read the LON rings, thought this would be a great way forward for an extra layer of gearing after sets. However it is impossible to use as a wizard as we have 2 sets that give us a higher damage multiplier than we could ever get from having all ancients and LON.

Now i read blizzard are buffing tal rashas even further.

My suggestions to make LON viable:

1) Double the damage of base spells (This would buff leveling and pre set dmg, but really 0.1% of the game is spent there so who cares)

2) Halve damage multipliers from sets (Mainly Tals & DMO, this would make full ancient LoN a higher dmg multipler)

3) Make rarer stronger legendary powers aimed at buffing specific spells. Or a new tier of legendary that has 1 more random stat.

This would give a new layer of gearing up and season wouldnt feel over so quickly.

A couple of suggestions for legendary powers that i think would work well in LoN build:

1) "Allow blizzards to stack x times"

2) "Reduce cooldown of explosive blast by 50%"

3) "Hydra now gains all runes and will summon all 5 Hydras at once"

4) "Hydra's damage can stack"

5) "Mirror Images last forever or until they die"

6) "Mirror Images spells now deal 40% of your damage"

7) "Ray of Frost gains rune sleet storm and becomes and Aura"

8) "Wave of Force now sucks in enemies hit"

Of course this way of thinking could apply to all classes, and the above are just ideas and would have to be balanced.
are u on crack?
2) Halve damage multipliers from sets (Mainly Tals & DMO, this would make full ancient LoN a higher dmg multipler)

Do you come here to piss us off. Go away please.
some good ideas
03/18/2016 12:34 AMPosted by faernnaoloth

Do you come here to piss us off. Go away please.

You also get a buff to the base damage of spells so that the current damage would stay the same overall, what is it you dont agree with?
yep, wizards really don;t have that much of a good standalone item. Or most likely the good ones can most likely be used much better on class sets like tal's and Del's.

Hmm let's see

-electrocute helm and orb,,, nahhh
-mirror image helm ,,, nopeee
-diamond skin helm,,, no sirrrriee
-staff that make mobs go away--- what??
-smoldering core -- meh
-meteor staff -- good one
-EB source - good one
-etched sigil - good one
-channeling shoulders - good one
-meteor boots - good one
-belt of-- is there even a belt wiz exclusive???
-shield bracers --- hmm i think the 12% reduction from the stun bracers is better

-disintegrate wand ---- the channeling sword is better
-slow time wand ---- what's the use of this??? i think after the dels rework this has been made useless now.
-WOh -- 10/10 would use :)
-aether walk -- 10/10 would also use
-twister sword - 10/10 (before nerf)
-the last wand that has no epic -- 10/10 would brim
I'd rather see supporting legendaries buffed rather than just upping the set multipliers. That would make wizard LON more competitive.

03/17/2016 07:20 PMPosted by Thwomp
3) "Hydra now gains all runes and will summon all 5 Hydras at once"

That would help make hydras worthwhile. It would be similar to Witch Doctors' Short Man's Finger, which gives 3 more powerful Gargantuans instead of one weaker one.

Could pair that with Tasker and Theo gloves for +50% pet damage and a new item that gives 100% pet damage, similar to Mask of Jeram.
I completely understand where the OP is coming from. LoN set requires the most work to attain and based on that, should feel the most powerful. As far as sets go, vyrs needs 10ish pieces to be sub par. Dmo and tals are in better places as they don't absolutely require as many and have options not completely set in stone like vyrs slots are.

LoN has theoretically lots of viable skill usable and build options but "require" 13 ancient pieces which seems significantly harder to come by than 6 set pieces which can be cube swapped until you have one of each and also a few supporting legendaries, none of which must be ancient. Most people have at least one 6pc set and supporting legs before paragon 200 in a season. Less this past season with the achievement gifts...

But a full suit of ancients is something I've not personally achieved yet in a season though I haven't had time to grind past 700 either. LoN builds would or should be the best option once fully optimized imo because of the difficulty of finding the whole suit, especially with the desired rolls. I agree that tals' buff all dmg is fun but it makes the outcome of LoN keeping pace impossible unless wizards get a different multiplier per ancient than other classes or there are bigger design changes as mentioned earlier. The only problem with halving tals and doubling base skills is what to do when tals needs a retune like on current ptr...

I don't know if giving LoN multiples per ancient different values for each class is possible from an implementation standpoint but I do know I would love for them to be the set with the greatest potential which is really the main point I'm trying to make. (Forgive me if I ramble or skipped anything, I wrote this on a phone over the course of 3 hours between cooking, feeding my kids and other various chores and interruptions)
03/18/2016 02:05 AMPosted by yems
yep, wizards really don;t have that much of a good standalone item. Or most likely the good ones can most likely be used much better on class sets like tal's and Del's.

Hmm let's see

-electrocute helm and orb,,, nahhh
-mirror image helm ,,, nopeee
-diamond skin helm,,, no sirrrriee
-staff that make mobs go away--- what??
-smoldering core -- meh
-meteor staff -- good one
-EB source - good one
-etched sigil - good one
-channeling shoulders - good one
-meteor boots - good one
-belt of-- is there even a belt wiz exclusive???
-shield bracers --- hmm i think the 12% reduction from the stun bracers is better

-disintegrate wand ---- the channeling sword is better
-slow time wand ---- what's the use of this??? i think after the dels rework this has been made useless now.
-WOh -- 10/10 would use :)
-aether walk -- 10/10 would also use
-twister sword - 10/10 (before nerf)
-the last wand that has no epic -- 10/10 would brim

yes, there are 2 wiz belt exclusives...
one is getting buffed and the other is fine as is
03/19/2016 03:05 PMPosted by SirWaWa

4 belt exclusives:

Shame of Delsere (Primary skill 50%x speed)
Fazula's Improbable Chain (Archon Belt)
Hergbrash's Binding (Channeling Belt)
The silly black hole one (60-80% slow on black holed enemies)
03/18/2016 06:12 PMPosted by Shatterstar
LoN builds would or should be the best option once fully optimized imo because of the difficulty of finding the whole suit,

Very good point.

03/18/2016 06:12 PMPosted by Shatterstar
I don't know if giving LoN multiples per ancient different values for each class is possible from an implementation standpoint

I would think its possible just by adding a class specific item that buffed the LON multiplier. The wizard item might boost LON multiplier by 100% while it might be only 50% boost for another class. Some classes would require no boost.
03/19/2016 03:05 PMPosted by SirWaWa

funny i was using those lol i think i was just dozing off when i typed that --but yeah both are quite good too.

also +1 to the sleet storm rune , i missed Malakai's build on it
I wish we would start out with a 50% damage increase for all regular set or legendary items we have equipped and then gain the 100% damage increase and 4% damage reduction on top as we upgrade to ancient items. This way a person running LoN would potentially start with 650% damage increase and then build up to 1950% damage increase once you have full ancients. This would put LoN more on par with the other sets and more importantly allow players to push higher content faster instead of being struck on lower torments while waiting for more ancient gear to drop.
It's sad... LON for wizard is so broken. I feel like an idiot collecting all the ancient pieces, felt excited to test it out and bam in my face, the shocking low damage numbers the TX mobs are laughing at my LON wizzie's face!

On the other side, look at LON crusader and its 1-shooting elites at TX. I dunno why Blizzard always make wizards pathetic. Or they created a character nobody in their team plays or understand.