Gem upgrades on PTR reverted to snail's pace

General Discussion
Please don't let this go live blizz.

For those who don't know, the ultra slow gem upgrade speed from 2.3 is back on the PTR and has been repeatedly reported and not fixed. I will be exemely annoyed if this goes live and we have to wait three months for a fix again.
What are you talking about?
04/09/2016 06:57 AMPosted by Tornado

Upgrade success chance dropping much sooner than normal. I think.

You know how in 2.3 where you would hit the upgrade gem button and it would flash at you and stuff for like 2 full seconds before the upgrade finished? They fixed that in 2.4, it takes like half the time. Now it's back to being super slow on PTR. Almost definitely unintended.
04/09/2016 07:09 AMPosted by MeWhenum

You know how in 2.3 where you would hit the upgrade gem button and it would flash at you and stuff for like 2 full seconds before the upgrade finished? They fixed that in 2.4, it takes like half the time. Now it's back to being super slow on PTR. Almost definitely unintended.

Unless that was the bug and it wasn't intended to go that quick in the first place. I noticed that sometimes that quicker upgrade was bugged a bit, sound wouldn't work a few times, etc. They must have fixed it. LOL

I'm betting it wasn't supposed to be going that fast...

Game on!
they seem to love introducing new things that are super irritating, like last patch adding more time gauge to the free the hostage type bounties. don't count on them fixing it.

In b4 blizz fanboy#955666 comes in and says "your just playing the game like a nub" or "stop complaining/whinning" or "its not that big a deal"
I hope they fix this. I will be empowering a lot of GR's with my 43 billion gold.
04/09/2016 08:43 AMPosted by DTMAce

Unless that was the bug and it wasn't intended to go that quick in the first place. I noticed that sometimes that quicker upgrade was bugged a bit, sound wouldn't work a few times, etc. They must have fixed it. LOL

I'm betting it wasn't supposed to be going that fast...

Game on!

I really think (hope) that it was intended, because it was really nice and it was one of the few things that people were really happy about for the patch. They always seem to introduce retroactive bugs on PTR (see M2S4) so I'm hoping that this is one of those that will get fixed.
04/09/2016 11:28 AMPosted by tachyon
they seem to love introducing new things that are super irritating, like last patch adding more time gauge to the free the hostage type bounties. don't count on them fixing it.

In b4 blizz fanboy#955666 comes in and says "your just playing the game like a nub" or "stop complaining/whinning" or "its not that big a deal"

Your just playing the game like a nub , stop complaining and whining so much...it's not like its such a big deal :)

Maybe it is totally intended, by the same ridiculous thought process that saw "progress bar" Bounty objectives go from one second to five seconds in 2.4.

Retarded.
04/09/2016 01:07 PMPosted by OldPro

Maybe it is totally intended, by the same ridiculous thought process that saw "progress bar" Bounty objectives go from one second to five seconds in 2.4.

Retarded.

"We took the amount of time a gem upgrade took...and doubled it!"
The best part of the fast upgrades is that you can do all of the upgrades as you are teleporting to town.
You guys clearly don't get it. Blizzard knows fun, way more than any of us could even fathom.
04/09/2016 08:12 PMPosted by ihaveshirts
You guys clearly don't get it. Blizzard knows fun, way more than any of us could even fathom.

I would laugh so hard if it turned out the speedy 2.4 upgrades were a bug which they are now fixing.

"So we accidentally added a feature that everyone liked. It was a bug and now we fixed it to be worse. You're welcome!"
04/09/2016 08:17 PMPosted by MeWhenum
04/09/2016 08:12 PMPosted by ihaveshirts

I would laugh so hard if it turned out the speedy 2.4 upgrades were a bug which they are now fixing.

"So we accidentally added a feature that everyone liked. It was a bug and now we fixed it to be worse. You're welcome!"

That's what I said! lol
if thats true then this sucks
im so glad they finally fixed the slow gem upgrade window and made it awesome. instant click click click click upgrades, no need to wait another 10 seconds hoping a 100% will pass

and the hostages bs, that needs to be reverted, wasting peoples time for no reason on stupid bounties.
The current live version of gem upgrades is bugged as it does not show you the updated % chance of an update unless you click a different gem and then go back.

I hope the change your talking about is fixing this current frustrating issue on live. If it means another second per click then so be it, it's better than wasting your empowering money like the current setup does.
04/09/2016 09:23 PMPosted by DTMAce
04/09/2016 08:17 PMPosted by MeWhenum

That's what I said! lol

I know lol, I just didn't process until just then how classic blizzard-like it would be for them to accidentally do something good then axe it.
Any news blizz? Is this a known issue? Not looking forward to three months of slow gem upgrades...
Curious myself?