Patch 1.14a Diablo 2.

General Discussion
"It’s been a long time coming, but today we’re releasing 1.14a for Diablo II.

This update focuses on system glitches introduced by modern operating systems. In related news, you can finally retire those old Mac PowerPCs. Included with the update is a shiny new installer for OSX.

We’ve also begun working to improve our cheat-detection and hack-prevention capabilities. There’s still work to be done, but we’re making improvements every day.

There is still a large Diablo II community around the world, and we thank you for continuing to play and slay with us. This journey starts by making Diablo II run on modern platforms, but it does not end there. See you in Sanctuary, adventurers."

I'm so excited for this. I hope they can bump up the resolution next for modern platforms!

Link down below!

http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742864181
wrong forum
That's cool. I wonder about D1, you have to jump through a lot of hoops to play that game.
03/10/2016 02:14 PMPosted by WildPants
wrong forum

http://us.battle.net/en/

They've hidden the Diablo II forums away so badly that they're basically begging for people to post all Diablo related content HERE.
Will it recognize old D2 install CDs?

I'm not buying the game again....
03/10/2016 03:46 PMPosted by Beavis
Will it recognize old D2 install CDs?

I'm not buying the game again....

Who uses CDs anyway? I haven't used a CD in 10 years.
You can DL from this website.
D2 incoming ban wave?

OP please include this link in your post so people know the source:
http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742864181
This is great news.
03/10/2016 02:12 PMPosted by Shaded115
This journey starts by making Diablo II run on modern platforms, but it does not end there.

Does not end there?
03/10/2016 02:12 PMPosted by Shaded115
We’ve also begun working to improve our cheat-detection and hack-prevention capabilities. There’s still work to be done, but we’re making improvements every day.

As if they actually would start banning people...
This is awesome. :D

Can't wait to play a good Diablo game again!

If they up the resolution slightly that would be awesome. :)
Oh god, if it's the same devs that are working on d3...d2 and new updates are doomed...
03/10/2016 03:59 PMPosted by Skelos
D2 incoming ban wave?

In D2 a MH/bot banwave would kill the community there. I would be surprised if there were a large amount of players in D2 that do not use them.

I would love a good legit game of D2 once again without the spambots and scripts and crap.

Got tired of entering a game and spend the first 4-5 minutes hitting "n" to clear the scripts.
d2 > d3..the pk (pvp) is more fun then then d3...
weee! D2 get's more love ! <3 <3
03/10/2016 02:14 PMPosted by WildPants
wrong forum

Yes you are, you should not come back.
03/10/2016 04:42 PMPosted by kwittstruck
In D2 a MH/bot banwave would kill the community there. I would be surprised if there were a large amount of players in D2 that do not use them.

There is. I know people that play on private servers, where accounts are monitored for using bots.

Actually if they manage to kill bots/hacks, a lot of people will come back for another play-through of D2. I in fact like the D2 engine more than PoE, so the game might be old, but in comparison to the other in the genre is not bad at all.
BB fail D3 and how you doing D2 ;-)
The real last Diablo game being updated <3 Blizz!!!
wow awesome news !!!! if just the resolution would be bumped up a little bit i would totally play it non stop !
Someone reported OP for this awesome news??
/SMH

I agree... D2 was among the best games ever created. Between it, Doom2, Motor City Online and Everquest... There go thousands and thousands of hours, YEARS AND YEARS of my life. :)

Yea, fix the resolution and I'll SOOOOOO be playing D2 again.