Console Hackers?

Console Discussion
They haven't fixed/banned this yet?

WTF
Not likely to happen anytime soon.
03/10/2016 04:51 PMPosted by Stelios
They haven't fixed/banned this yet?

WTF

They can't ban you do not play on any blizzard server.
Kind of ruined the game for me. I didn't realise the console version had this problem (though, to be honest it remind me of Diablo 2 days, which makes me nostalgic). Entered a grift, didn't see that it was level 150, kept getting one shotted before I realised what the level was. Saw my paragon levels skyrocket (over 1k).

Thought sweet, must have been playing with some awesome people, didn't realise they were cheaters though. Then yesterday some guy dropped a bunch of awesome gear, like ridiculously good gear, which of course I picked up, thinking it was end game stuff... Well, in a way it was.

I've been searching everywhere for how to max out the rest of my gear in the same way, farming horadric mats and deaths breaths, rerolling everything and leveling rare gems... doing 150 grifts which I can do with the 4 pieces of gear I could equip.

But I had no luck getting any gear even close to what I already had, and only stumbled upon all these cheater threads by chance. Now I know I have hacked gear, but after swapping back to my regular gear, it all seems kind of pointless.

Why bother grinding when i can just equip the OP gear and kill everything in one shot? But when i can oneshot everything, why bother playing? Wish I'd known about this beforehand -.-
Some find it fun to be highly OP. Some don't.
03/11/2016 02:29 AMPosted by Enigmatic
Why bother grinding when i can just equip the OP gear and kill everything in one shot? But when i can oneshot everything, why bother playing? Wish I'd known about this beforehand -.-
Save your real gear to another account .Start over with new save.Grinding low paragon doesn't take long if you play smart.Lots of players are willing to help people start over.
They can't fix it given the offline feature of save files and the export/import feature from lastgen where lastgen was reversed engineered.

What they DID do in patch 2.4 was limit Legendary Gems to cap at 150...thus whilst modders abound that can kill in one shot in a GR150 they now no longer give billions of exp to others with one hit.

Thus their gameplay can't really affect your character...unless you let it.

Don't pick up gear they drop
Don't run a GR150 with them
In unrelated news...

Stelios

Stelios Contos
Sorry, your name reminded me of that American Dad episode
Blizzard could probably fix alot of this hacking/modding crap with a simple patch, but it seems that they're too lazy. I've stopped playing D3 for console because the cheating is ridiculous. I'm going to wait it out and keep my fingers crossed that Blizzard will implement some sort of fix to stop modders but I've almost lost faith that they will put in any effort to do so.
If Blizzard is planning to make another xpac, I wont buy it until the modding situation is taken care of, and I'd recommend other legit players do the same.
I get that we're not hooked into battlenet so they cant directly ban players, but I refuse to believe that they cant alter the programming of their own game to stop players from messing with save data. Seriously, how is it possible that the games cant tell that the save data is altered? A weapon with 3 sockets when the game says it should only have 1...really?
There has to be a way that when the game loads up, it checks the save data and if for example there is a weapon with 3 sockets, it gets deleted or is rendered unusable.
Blizzard, we are part of your player base, why would you leave us hanging like this? The legit crowd follow your rules as you asked, could you help us out please?
03/11/2016 02:41 PMPosted by BulYezor
There has to be a way that when the game loads up, it checks the save data and if for example there is a weapon with 3 sockets, it gets deleted or is rendered unusable

As I said earlier, they JUST introduced a check in patch 2.4 for Legendary Gems....they now can no longer be ranked more than 150...if you did have a modded LG in your inventory in you savefile when D3 on patch 2.4 loads that save file it reverts the modded LG to rank 150.

We have waited from patch 2.05 to 2.4.0 to get that one check which eliminates the shared exp issue where modded Gem of Eases were giving people billions of exp in one hit thus insta-boosting their paragons...that is now gone with this simple check they put in for LG's in patch 2.4.

Whether Blizzard will introduce further checks on other items remains to be seen and I highly doubt it but it is possible...they wouldn't even need to check EVERY item...just get the game to check what is equipped and make it unequipable if the stat ranges are out of the normal ranges...this way they would only ever need to check 13 slots rather than every item in the game.

We are not sure if Blizzard have motivation to do any more checks than the one they introduced in patch 2.4.

Given their flippant nature of how they see modded gear (they say just go and play with other people) I personally don't see them tackling the issue any further than the cap to 150 on ranks of LG's in patch 2.4.
Why don't they make seasons online only and have regular offline? At least you could enjoy seasons. That or just make it entirely online only.

03/11/2016 03:31 PMPosted by homerjnick
03/11/2016 02:41 PMPosted by BulYezor
There has to be a way that when the game loads up, it checks the save data and if for example there is a weapon with 3 sockets, it gets deleted or is rendered unusable

As I said earlier, they JUST introduced a check in patch 2.4 for Legendary Gems....they now can no longer be ranked more than 150...if you did have a modded LG in your inventory in you savefile when D3 on patch 2.4 loads that save file it reverts the modded LG to rank 150.

We have waited from patch 2.05 to 2.4.0 to get that one check which eliminates the shared exp issue where modded Gem of Eases were giving people billions of exp in one hit thus insta-boosting their paragons...that is now gone with this simple check they put in for LG's in patch 2.4.

Whether Blizzard will introduce further checks on other items remains to be seen and I highly doubt it but it is possible...they wouldn't even need to check EVERY item...just get the game to check what is equipped and make it unequipable if the stat ranges are out of the normal ranges...this way they would only ever need to check 13 slots rather than every item in the game.

We are not sure if Blizzard have motivation to do any more checks than the one they introduced in patch 2.4.

Given their flippant nature of how they see modded gear (they say just go and play with other people) I personally don't see them tackling the issue any further than the cap to 150 on ranks of LG's in patch 2.4.

So you can now play with others in pubic matches without being boosted? That's good at least.
03/19/2016 08:36 AMPosted by MrH
So you can now play with others in pubic matches without being boosted? That's good at least.
As long as you dont follow anyone into a high level grift.