what level is a Grift 70 ??

General Discussion
For a month trying to finish the grift 70 on 3 different classes and nothing but failure. I have on all 3 missed out by seconds and yet the next try it takes me 30+ mins to get the shards at the end. how can one go so closely and the next fail so badly. is a 70 not a 70 why does one feel like a 65 and the next like a 75?
There is going to be a point where your gear/skill will only take you so far. Just because you can clear GRift 69 doesn't mean you will clear 70. If that were the case you would clear 71, 72, 73, 74, 75...and so on.

Now if you cleared 69 in 7 mins and can't clear 70 then there is something wrong. But there are many other factors like type of map, mob density, pylon placement and type of mob. As you get to higher GRifts, you will end up "fishing" for the right rift to clear.
03/19/2016 12:54 PMPosted by Twosaints
how can one go so closely and the next fail so badly. is a 70 not a 70 why does one feel like a 65 and the next like a 75?

RNG of the GR is the problem. Getting bad combinations of maps/mob types/density/elite affixes/rift guardian.
There is a lot of RNG involved when you are pushing. If damage, gear, paragon, sustain are a factor when barely finishing the rift then you will have to fish for it. With everything mentioned factoring in you have hit the wall of progression. In terms of torments 70 would be the equivalent of t15 and compared to last season gr70 would be gr60. I only say this because I was barely clearing gr 60 in season 4 with dh and when I tried the exact same set up on 2.4 I destroyed it. It may very well be even less than last season's gr60.
Farm a ton of keys and with good RNG and proper playstyle you will get it eventually.